Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Tore my triceps yesterday

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I felt it in my armpit. Then like a shock went down my arm. About few reps later my fingers started to tingle and went numb. I had to stop. I took a minute, tried lowering the weight and doing another set and the weight wouldn't move. Then the pain set in. Like the worst cramp ever. I got home, iced and ibuprofen. Now its purple from my tricep down my lat. I heard something but I'm not sure it was me...lol. Had the music pretty loud.

That's probably not the triceps. The triceps would typically tear from the elbow. This could be lat or teres. Get it checked out if you got insurance coverage. Because what you tore dictates how and when to rehab and that rehab is how you get back to 100%.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
That's probably not the triceps. The triceps would typically tear from the elbow. This could be lat or teres. Get it checked out if you got insurance coverage. Because what you tore dictates how and when to rehab and that rehab is how you get back to 100%.

You could be right. The bruising is getting much worse in my lat now and thats where the majority of the pain is now. No insurance. It would be out of pocket.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
If it's not all deformed and shit start doing slow tempo rows with a 5lb dumbbell. Hundreds of reps. You can actually start remodeling the tendon now, no need to wait. Waiting is just gonna let it scar over and tighten up.

Something else to consider and this isn't to bust your balls... Get back to basics and watch your form closely. The tendon was probably already a little tattered but the fact that it let go shows that you had some body English going to move the stack on the pushdowns. Picture it. To initiate the push you stuck your chest out. This involves pulling on the lats to get the arm moving back. That's what finished the job.

These kind of injuries suck man I feel for you. Been there plenty. The only thing I learned about it, is rest is bullshit and makes things worse in many cases.

LITTLEMAGS

LITTLEMAGS

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2010
Get to Dr at least for an MRI. I went thru a tendon tear and it was brutal. Old friend did same thing and had to have surgery but healed up in about 6 weeks. Good luck

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
rh69zk.jpg

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
I would def see a doc. most hospitals have a discount program based on income and # of dependants or you can buy ins. right now because it is open enrollment and it will be covered as there is no pre-existing conditions and then canx the policy if you want after your all healed up. if it is an injury that will require medical intervention to heal properly the longer you wait the worse it will get AND the longer it will take to get back in the gym 100%. I don't know how old you are but if your having injuries consistently you may want to back off on the weight and up the reps. good luck bro, ive had my share of inj. and surgeries so I feel your pain.

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
Zoom out some or have your boyfriend take the pic for you damn. Trying to see better where it starts and ends.. The intensity/ coliring of the bruising looks damn near the same as mine but mine didn't go up near the armpit

A

adkmuscle

VIP Member
Apr 17, 2012
Tore my right trip tendon at work 4 years ago.Workman's comp. made me wait 5months for surgery .Muscles unable to contract scar tissue and calcium deposits along tendon and elbow.After surgery still lost majority of medial head.Elbow is still unstable to this day. I would recommend an MRI to anyone who ever becomes a 1% er. Thats the percentage of reported triceps tendon to all other tendon tears .

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
I hope you have come to grips this is not something that is going to heal in a few weeks.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
I hope you have come to grips this is not something that is going to heal in a few weeks.

Yeah.... I'm able to work out and teach my Jiu-jitsu classes now but I have to be careful and go very light. I'm talking 100lb lat pulldowns and like 50 pound triceps pressdowns. Basically the same weights my wife is using.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic