Members
Latest Member
pbtom

TOP 10 Biggest squats of all time

Superman

Superman

VIP Member
Aug 28, 2012
I've got a video of a recent 310 for 8 (this morning) on the bench I can email it to you I'm a technological failure I've got no idea how to get a video somewhere.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
The only problem with a "Den's Biggest [insert lift here]" is that the biggest lifters here will likely NOT post any video of their lifts. Anonymity is paramount on these boards, if you admit to use of AAS.

Other than that, it'll be cool.

I suppose MJR, Halo, and I could dress up like we're robbing something and then video tape our lifts, but I don't see it happening, lol.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
OK; what section of the forum would be best?

I can start the thread.

Going for a 525 squat on Tuesday. And Mrs. Flex is starting lifting again, so I just might get it (always try harder when she's watching. <3)

World records under the PL section

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
I'll take my anonymity over this, but it sounds like a cool idea for those who don't mind posting video.

Even in my king kong gorilla costume from halloween I'd probably still be recognizable, at least my gym would be.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
totally awesome video. I think I'd blow an O-ring just attempting to unrack that weight...

very impressive, however, that last one at 1265 did not look close to parallel to me. Respect to the guy, but I say "no" on that one.

V

Vick

MuscleHead
Jun 13, 2012
That was definitely a motivation check! Thanks Admin! Would love to see vids on members too, hey birds of a feather flock together right. Something that might have increased ratings on that show and views here is a most weight per lb class, so if you can squat 800 lbs at 200 lbs then that's like squatting 1200 at 300 in my eyes, especially without wraps.

Last edited by a moderator:
porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
That was definitely a motivation check! Thanks Admin! Would love to see vids on members too, hey birds of a feather flock together right. Something that might have increased ratings on that show and views here is a most weight per lb class, so if you can squat 800 lbs at 200 lbs then that's like squatting 1200 at 300 in my eyes, especially without wraps.

I like the idea of "biggest per weight class"..... but there are a few who have gone over a grand at or around 200lbs.

My wife competes in a teeny tiny class and I absolutely respect when she squats heavy, same with our 181-ers and our 198-ers......

But.... I have to throw up a big asterisk on that. No physical handicap makes 800 = 1200.
I recently hung out with Donnie Thompson. What stuck out in my head was when he said that he could feel his femurs flexing when he took his 1300lb squat attempt.
I've felt my forearms feel like they were bending and going to snap when I was first benching over 800.... but that's a whole different world from that happening to your femurs.
My team's 198-er didn't mention that after his 1000 attempt even though it was a bigger coefficient.

Last edited by a moderator:
Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
I recently hung out with Donnie Thompson. What stuck out in my head was when he said that he could feel his femurs flexing when he took his 1300lb squat attempt.
I've felt my forearms feel like they were bending and going to snap when I was first benching over 800....

Dude are you serious!?

Your arms felt like they were bending?

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
Dude are you serious!?

Your arms felt like they were bending?

Absolutely. I started handling mid 7s in the bench while raw benching in the upper 400s. I did a raw training cycle and got my press up to the mid 500s... when I got back in the shirt I had the strength for 800 but very quickly found that you need the time under big weight to move big weight. That's why rep calculators are bullshit. Being able to triple 500 raw doesn't make my bones or joints strong enough to hold 800+..... that's the part that guys who bash gear don't get. There is no equivalent.

Your body adapts though. My wrists around the bone have grown a little over an inch in the last 3 years.
A buddy of mine broke his forearm benching in the 700s. Another buddy broke his twice. Both times benching in the 800s..... and is now back benching 800.
It happens..... it sucks, but it can happen.

Clay Brandenburg gave me the advice to just hold all of my benches at the top for a solid 3 count. That extra time under tension has definitely helped. My teammates have had similar results. I'd definitely recommend that everyone tries it.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic