Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Too much cardio?

crvjim

crvjim

Nov 29, 2011
How do you know you are doing too much cardio?When you have to duc tape your treadmill!Wonder how long this will last me!

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Walking from my car to the gym doors is too much cardio

RedNeck

RedNeck

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2010
If you can't Duck it **** it..lol

To much cardio is a matter of opinion to an extent some say any is to much some can't get enough. I think itwould just depend on what your goals are. I suppose I would be classified as a powerbuilder, but I have no problem running several miles at a time. My warm ups are a mile run And I weight over 230lbs currently.

Rein

Rein

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2010
I like cardio very much. I am trying to run 6 miles in less than 50' this period.

LITTLEMAGS

LITTLEMAGS

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2010
i hate cardio...BUT for ME...it is essential. healthy heart, leaner physique and helps keep my metabolic rate higher. i do it min 3 times a week...no more than 5 times unless getting show ready

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
I love cardio probably as much as I love lifting.

Well, not quite but it's close.

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
mags as long as i rememeber u.... cardio was allways in your training...Im sure by now as long as u been pucking away..u could get away with less ...because the muscle mass u have will burn the fat...I think its more habbit for u then anything...lol

TheClap

TheClap

VIP Member
Oct 25, 2011
Cardio is very important for far more than fat loss. It's good for your health, increases wakefulness and energy, has a positive effect on lipid profiles, lowers your BP, lowers your resting heart rated. Cardio is very underutilized in the BBing world. Which, if your goal is what you see in the mirror only, fine. If you want to still be crankin' along in your 70's and 80's you should be doing some cardio.

Conversely I think outside of the BBing and PLing world cardio gets WAY too much attention and the general populace needs gross reeducation on the importance of resistance training.

The Dude

The Dude

Aug 30, 2013
Duct tape is part of the American dream. His Dudeness personally prefers swimming for cardio but every now and then he uses a treadmill. Duderz would get looked at funny if he carried duct tape in the pool.

crvjim

crvjim

Nov 29, 2011
Totally agree I am 62 and don't take ANY meds I did take bp pills 4 years ago.I do 20 minutes on the tread before I do 40 minutes free weights as I have found out this seems to get everything warmed up so less pain and definitely less injuries.
Cardio is very important for far more than fat loss. It's good for your health, increases wakefulness and energy, has a positive effect on lipid profiles, lowers your BP, lowers your resting heart rated. Cardio is very underutilized in the BBing world. Which, if your goal is what you see in the mirror only, fine. If you want to still be crankin' along in your 70's and 80's you should be doing some cardio.

Conversely I think outside of the BBing and PLing world cardio gets WAY too much attention and the general populace needs gross reeducation on the importance of resistance training.

LITTLEMAGS

LITTLEMAGS

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2010
DW.....yeah...i have been doing it forever and have had periods of time when I slacked and trust me...I knew within the first month that cardio was needed for me.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic