Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Tom Brady suspended 4 games

biguglynewf

biguglynewf

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2010
As a bills fan the suspension doesn't hurt my feelings one bit.....however is it just? I don't think so. Brady I hate more than anything since he competes in the division...but is probably the most talented qb of all time.

this league is under some pretty intense scrutiny for being so easy and soft on discipline on guys and sweeping stuff under the rug. Last year blew up in the face of the NFL, Hernandez trial, ray rice, then Adrian Peterson. What a ****ing nightmare for a league that has been identified as the worst actor in all professional sports.

take that with Goodell's ego and you have a recipe that sees Tom Brady getting reemed for some slightly under inflated balls.

negate the rice thing and the Adrian Peterson thing and I'm betting the punishment wouldn't have been so severe. I know those situations are completely on another level. But this is more about image, perception and politics.....don't kid yourself.

goodell refuses the petition for the independent review....big surprise. It's Rogers ego that is fueling this I would more than bet. That and all the negative attention the league has gotten.....they have to look tough now...considering the history.

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
I was only half heartedly ljstening this morning but, espn guys were mocking the patriots rebuttals as ridiculous. I helieve sophomoric was used. Regardless he will sit a few games.

B

Bobo5572

Mar 28, 2012
I have no idea how the Patriots can do what they do and get away with it spy-gate deflategate and anything else. Finally the NFL has taken action to them.

Pawghunter

Pawghunter

MuscleHead
Jul 1, 2014
Anyone been keeping up with this story. The worm is starting to turn. I stand by my belief that no balls were deflated by the Patriots and this whole thing is a witch hunt. Patriot derangement syndrome runs rampant in the league office, and by judging from some of the posts in here, at the iron den as well. The whole story will come out, and a lot of people will be eating there words. Stay salty Patriot haters.

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
If Brady ends up being suspended for four games, then his fantasy football value may fall a bit. Instead of being a late first rounder/early second rounder (depending on the size of the league), he might fall to the 3rd/4th round. If that is the case, here's a strategy to consider for fantasy football players who are in leagues with non-auction drafts.

Pick RBs/WRs for first two rounds. If you pick at the end of the 3rd round or early 4th round, and Brady falls to you, draft him. And then in the late 6th - early 8th rounds, draft Ryan Tannehill (Dolphins QB). While Brady is suspended for the first four games, Miami plays the Redskins, Jaguars, Bills, Jets (in London). Tannehill is a decent QB, with better WRs, and could put up nice fantasy numbers against at least 3 of those 4 defenses. Then you have Brady (who will be in F-U mode for the rest of the season). And the Patriots bye week is Week 4, so you'll have Brady for every game when he comes back - 5 through 16. You can drop Tannehill and use that extra roster spot to pick up another RB or WR for depth.

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
If Brady ends up being suspended for four games, then his fantasy football value may fall a bit. Instead of being a late first rounder/early second rounder (depending on the size of the league), he might fall to the 3rd/4th round. If that is the case, here's a strategy to consider for fantasy football players who are in leagues with non-auction drafts.

Pick RBs/WRs for first two rounds. If you pick at the end of the 3rd round or early 4th round, and Brady falls to you, draft him. And then in the late 6th - early 8th rounds, draft Ryan Tannehill (Dolphins QB). While Brady is suspended for the first four games, Miami plays the Redskins, Jaguars, Bills, Jets (in London). Tannehill is a decent QB, with better WRs, and could put up nice fantasy numbers against at least 3 of those 4 defenses. Then you have Brady (who will be in F-U mode for the rest of the season). And the Patriots bye week is Week 4, so you'll have Brady for every game when he comes back - 5 through 16. You can drop Tannehill and use that extra roster spot to pick up another RB or WR for depth.
Well this strategy just went in the crapper. Haha.

Glad to see Brady will be playing though. Not a Patriots fan or hater, just a guy who admires good quarterback play.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I hope the Giants break his arm in week 1 :)

This is kid666 approved!

Pawghunter

Pawghunter

MuscleHead
Jul 1, 2014
I hope the Giants break his arm in week 1 :)

This is kid666 approved!

They play the Giants tonight in their last preseason game. They play the Steelers in week one. i hope your ignorance of the NFL schedule is not indicative of what you think you know about defame-gate.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
They play the Giants tonight in their last preseason game. They play the Steelers in week one. i hope your ignorance of the NFL schedule is not indicative of what you think you know about defame-gate.
Did you study the whole season while you were doing your homo draft?

th

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Damn, I was gonna draft Brady as my QB in FFB with the #1 pick, but didn't think he would play until week 4. Oh well, I like my chances with Andrew Luck.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic