pbtom
What's New?

Tips To Retain New Muscle After Cycling

guss

guss

MuscleHead
Aug 11, 2010
1) Keep protein intake high

2) Keep calories high (clean if possible to avoid fat gain)

3) Lower training volume somewhat, but dont stop working out, maybe take an extra day or so off the first few weeks of post cycle

4) Still stick with low reps high weight and fairly low volume

5) Creatine, 5-10g per day

6) Glutamine 10-20g per day

7) Clomid, nolvadex

8) Lots of sleep

9) Avoid alcohol, and other recreational drugs (especially drugs like mdma, coke, speed, ritalin, adderall, etc. although if hopefully this isnt even an issue with you, but I figured I'd mention it).

10) Avoid much cardio

11) Don't let yourself go very long without a meal (always include protein in that meal whether it be from food or a shake...food is always better though)

12) Take ZMA on a nightly basis. This difference is prob minor but isn't a bad idea as I find I get a better night sleep on it, and insufficient zinc in one's diet can cause low testosterone levels.

captaincaveman

captaincaveman

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 17, 2010
1) Keep protein intake high

2) Keep calories high (clean if possible to avoid fat gain)

3) Lower training volume somewhat, but dont stop working out, maybe take an extra day or so off the first few weeks of post cycle

4) Still stick with low reps high weight and fairly low volume

5) Creatine, 5-10g per day

6) Glutamine 10-20g per day

7) Clomid, nolvadex

8) Lots of sleep

9) Avoid alcohol, and other recreational drugs (especially drugs like mdma, coke, speed, ritalin, adderall, etc. although if hopefully this isnt even an issue with you, but I figured I'd mention it).

10) Avoid much cardio

11) Don't let yourself go very long without a meal (always include protein in that meal whether it be from food or a shake...food is always better though)

12) Take ZMA on a nightly basis. This difference is prob minor but isn't a bad idea as I find I get a better night sleep on it, and insufficient zinc in one's diet can cause low testosterone levels.

Great info Guss for what works for you. We all need this info sooner or later. Thanks, -CC-

Deacon

Deacon

Old School Meso Vet
Oct 29, 2010
alot of good points here

hugerobb

hugerobb

VIP Strength Advisor
Sep 15, 2010
good info thanks for posting

Deacon

Deacon

Old School Meso Vet
Oct 29, 2010
IMO the most important factor is keeping yourself in the game mentally - dont let being off cycle control you

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Good info guss.

Grumpyfit

Grumpyfit

MuscleHead
Jun 7, 2012
Agreed, good points to remember!

Intense

Intense

Jun 11, 2013
IMO the most important factor is keeping yourself in the game mentally - dont let being off cycle control you

This is the truth, I know alot of guys who are just never the same after cycling and whine everytime they're at the gym because they're not "on" cycling is great but dont dwell on it 24/7 when you're off. Have to keep a positive mindset that you can still progress without the gear. Might not be a ripped and full but still fullfilling.

M

mdmusclemachine

VIP Member
Feb 8, 2012
I 100% agree with your post Ive been training for 23 years and been consistent with it the whole Whenever I get lazy with food is when my gains will start to go Diet is gotta be the hardest thing to do because you have to eat a lot of food to keep you growing

R

Rai080

MuscleHead
Sep 11, 2013
Forgot to mention don't get off cycle :)

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
^^^Other than Rai's suggestion , I would add keep lifting heavy when you cycle off. I think it's common for alot of people to drop weights when cycling off. Keep as close to you max' as possible

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic