Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Tingling in arm

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
Could it have something to do with the rotator cuff?

nope. the nerves dont really cross over near the muscles of the rotator cuff. the rotator cuff involves the muscles of the shoulder joint and the nerves drop down before they reach the joint.

thumbnailCACAYE7A.jpg

Mindlesswork

Mindlesswork

Crusty Poo Butt
Sep 21, 2010
Carpal Tunnel, I have it in both hands but in my thumb, pointer and middle fingers. Happens all the time. Yours may be different but that's what it sounds like to me.

Ditto...it sure gets annoying. I been a systems support person for years and I have some of the early signs of it already

S

sprawl33

Aug 15, 2013
I was going to say nerve but from what I read above I'm probably wrong

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
I'm having this issue except it goes to my thumb. I've lost strength in certain ways to pull like pull ups and bent over rows. I'm right arm dominant and first time in my life my left is stronger than my right. Any ideas? I can't tell if it starts in shoulder or neck. Doc says neck. Will neck exercises help this?

S

stevemc

Nov 19, 2011
Sounds like it may be a shoulder impingment in your left your body is making up the strength and trying to even your pulls out by stressing your shoulder and elbow. When pulling try focusing lifting with your right more to relieve the stress and do good rear delt warmups like facepulls. I had this same issue except I let mine go to long and the extra stress on my left side put to much work on my front delt and ****ed up my form. It's fixable if you catch it early a little longer of a recovery if you wait till muscles grow uneven.

O

Oly_Marx

Oct 20, 2013
If its numbness and tingling and originates in the shoulders/traps area it can be a number of different things, not just compression of the cervical vertebra. What typically causes the onset of the symptoms? Does it usually occur after a heavy shoulder day or days following heavy shrugs? What movements make the pain increase and/or decrease (Active/passive flexion/extension of the neck, lateral flex/ext of neck, rotation, shrugging shoulders, lateral raising of your arms, to overhead postion with full elbow extension and external rotation of the arms)? Have you ever had any type of head/neck injury?

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
I've not had any neck injury though my x-rays say I have some narrowing of the vertebral spaces. My tingling in my arms has passed but strength not 100% but coming back. I'm trying to keep my form good while this weakness is still present. I cannot figure out what started this out but I see improvement as time goes by.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic