Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

TIME TRAVEL?

Jin

Jin

MuscleHead
Jun 15, 2018
We understand how to travel into the future. Via time dilation.

We don’t have the energy resources available for the acceleration needed.

We also don’t know the physics to make a “time machine” that could put you into the future instantly without having to use either gravity or acceleration to manipulate time.

This video on time dilation will blow your mind.

Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
I see the logic...However, I can only conceive where this would allow for a quicker time to get from one point to the other...How would this concept explain actually going into the future or past?...Phoenix, wouldn't there have to be an "ressurection" of dead people for time travel into the past to be possible?...Say for instance, Einstein...If we went back to when he was living in time wouldn't essentially he have to be brought back to life if he is in fact dead?...

Time cannot move backward because light cannot move backward. An example of what I am referring - first case (a circle) light moves along the diameter while you (in a vehicle traveling close to the speed of light) along the semi-circumference of the circle (both you and the light starting at the same time and same point) the light will always beat you because the distance the light travels is half pi() as short. Now, if you bend time space in the shape of a cone, the distance the light has to travel is no longer the diameter, but the sum of the square root of the square of the radius length and the square of the orthogonal distance (height) time 2, since the light has to travel up both sides of the cone while you in your vehicle not quite traveling at the speed of light, has the same distance to travel as you had for the circle (which is still half pi() times the diameter) thus enabling you to travel forward in time. Hopefully this explains it in layman's terms.

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
I don't know if there is "time travel" but I am more in the belief that we have multiverse where there are many different realities of our lives and world. I think it is possible that since everything is running all at the same time there can be a hiccup in the universe and we cross paths or step over for a split second to another reality and that would explain deja vue. We don't remember why or when we were in that same spot before because we (this reality "we") were not there but another "us" is living there and maybe we are still all connected we just can't use enough of our brains to allow us to accept alternate realities.

Or maybe I smoke too much weed on the weekends.

ITAWOLF

ITAWOLF

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2010
We understand how to travel into the future. Via time dilation.

We don’t have the energy resources available for the acceleration needed.

We also don’t know the physics to make a “time machine” that could put you into the future instantly without having to use either gravity or acceleration to manipulate time.

This video on time dilation will blow your mind.

wow I watched this whole video -- geez now im dumb

Reactions: Jin
Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
I don't know if there is "time travel" but I am more in the belief that we have multiverse where there are many different realities of our lives and world. I think it is possible that since everything is running all at the same time there can be a hiccup in the universe and we cross paths or step over for a split second to another reality and that would explain deja vue. We don't remember why or when we were in that same spot before because we (this reality "we") were not there but another "us" is living there and maybe we are still all connected we just can't use enough of our brains to allow us to accept alternate realities.

Or maybe I smoke too much weed on the weekends.

That's called intuition old man, with all due respect.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Time cannot move backward because light cannot move backward. An example of what I am referring - first case (a circle) light moves along the diameter while you (in a vehicle traveling close to the speed of light) along the semi-circumference of the circle (both you and the light starting at the same time and same point) the light will always beat you because the distance the light travels is half pi() as short. Now, if you bend time space in the shape of a cone, the distance the light has to travel is no longer the diameter, but the sum of the square root of the square of the radius length and the square of the orthogonal distance (height) time 2, since the light has to travel up both sides of the cone while you in your vehicle not quite traveling at the speed of light, has the same distance to travel as you had for the circle (which is still half pi() times the diameter) thus enabling you to travel forward in time. Hopefully this explains it in layman's terms.
Exactly :p

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
The commentator made a statement at the end of vid..."Use your time wisely"....No such thing if this info is correct in vid....He is saying that even the universe will come to an end...If so, then anything we do is in vain, right?...Our lives, the things we accomplish, etc.. are to no avail...He says we are in the "golden years of life" so to speak...Again, if so, then nothing matters...Are we as scientist sure that this is the way it is?...

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Still not seeing how we can go into the future or the past...All I'm seeing is we have a concept of being able to accelerate from one fixed point to another...If time travel is possible, then what about dead people?...Are they really not dead?...If I can go back into time and visit Einstein, then he really isn't dead, right?...Or will he get ressurected when I go back?

ITAWOLF

ITAWOLF

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2010
I DID READ they have made a teleportation machine-- thou only moved marked protons 63miles

so star trek is coming

Jin

Jin

MuscleHead
Jun 15, 2018
Still not seeing how we can go into the future or the past...All I'm seeing is we have a concept of being able to accelerate from one fixed point to another...If time travel is possible, then what about dead people?...Are they really not dead?...If I can go back into time and visit Einstein, then he really isn't dead, right?...Or will he get ressurected when I go back?

The laws of physics do not rule out the possibility of time travel. We have no idea of how we’d travel back in time. Going forwards we understand via ime dilation. If you haven’t grasped that look at Wikipedia.

Thought experiment:

You are an outside observer to the universe. Completely unbound by all the laws of physics we experience. Time doesn’t exist for the OO (outside observer). You can see the universe from inception to death. The entire timeline.

The OO can also manipulate the universe. He can take an individual and place him anywhere on the timeline he wants. He takes you from current day and puts you back to 1905. Why wold Einstein be dead in 1905?

You’d find him alive and well.

Your other questions in your previous post are philosophical and my answers would (gasp) enter into the spiritual realm. I’ve learned that my thoughts can provoke some pretty visceral reactions from people so I usually don’t address those type of existential questions on fitness boards.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic