Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh

Time for something new, I need a new program

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
With life pulling me in 9 different directions and no meet to plan for on the horizon, I need structure....something where I can get my big 3 lifts and OHP in per week but also work on the ticker and have at least 2-3 days of cardio.

With a few big things drumming up in the future, I just don't don't have the time to dedicate 9-10 hours in the gym/week until next Summer/fall.

In addition, I will be building a home gym in the next 90 days so I'll have easier accessibility to the iron. Home gym will be simple. Platform, DB's up to 120's, bench and squat cage.

I'm just not going to run sheiko or anything like that. I need to have it so it's concentrated into 2-3 days and I can do my jogging, stadiums, stair work on off days where I can bang that out in 30 mins and get back to the house.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
So my apologies for not being more direct.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

I may run a version of SST for a while again. Made good gains there.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
I don't have a program to suggest, but for lining your days up this is a thought:

Monday: Bench and ohp

Thursday: Squat and dead lift

After your squat and dead lift workout, push the sled, or pull a parachute or do some form of HIIT. That only takes 5-10 mins.

The rest of the week you have open to do cardio, or whatever you want.

A lot of people only train 1-2 times a week. Nothing wrong with that.

Interested to see how you setup your schedule.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
I don't have a program to suggest, but for lining your days up this is a thought:

Monday: Bench and ohp

Thursday: Squat and dead lift

After your squat and dead lift workout, push the sled, or pull a parachute or do some form of HIIT. That only takes 5-10 mins.

The rest of the week you have open to do cardio, or whatever you want.

A lot of people only train 1-2 times a week. Nothing wrong with that.

Interested to see how you setup your schedule.

I can do that now....I guess my request is: Someone hand me a spreadsheet and say, STFU and go do this for the next 8 weeks and don't come back until you've done every rep. I'm not holding myself accountable really because I have an insane amount of shit between work, family and personal life. But I need more structure....

Ideally:

Monday:Bench/arms/shrugs/dips etc.

Wednesday: squat(f and b)/abs/accessory legs

Friday: pulls/rows/OHP

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
So my apologies for not being more direct.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

I may run a version of SST for a while again. Made good gains there.

You could run the version I'm running right now. It's interesting that you mention conditioning b/c I'm putting it back iin 2x week. Gonna put sled pulls back in. My schedule is going to be:

Mon - Deads
Tues - Sled
Wed - Bench
Thur - Sled
Fri - Squat
Sat & Sun - Off

I hate training on the weekends so this will free my weekends and get everything done.

And congrats on the home gym. That sounds perfect.

Last edited:
uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
You could run the version I'm running right now. It's interesting that you mention conditioning b/c I'm putting it back iin 2x week. Gonna put sled pulls back in.

And congrats on the home gym. That sounds perfect.

Thanks.....you know what's going on with me so it'll be perfect with my tight schedule. Looking at mats and weights now. I should be able to get everything, bars and all for a reasonable price.

Dex

Dex

VIP Member
Mar 30, 2011
I call it intuitive training. When you finally get to the gym just listen to your body. Sometimes we expend so much energy in what we plan to do instead of just putting our energy into doing. Choosing your bodypart before you get there or choosing to go heavy before you even understand what your body needs. I'll use this kind of thinking for my diet as well. Sometimes I get weird cravings or want steak for every meal. I just do it and it's worked out pretty well for me

I'm not a structure kinda guy. I like tips and suggestions but if I'm not feeling an exercise or body part for that day I'll move to the next thing.

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
There's always GVT brother...:)

It has it all. And its all neatly laid out. Easy. But not easy.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
There are 5,3,1 variations with 3 days lifting 2-3 days conditioning.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Thanks.....you know what's going on with me so it'll be perfect with my tight schedule. Looking at mats and weights now. I should be able to get everything, bars and all for a reasonable price.

And if you want I'll send you the one I'll start running in Feb so you can choose which one you want to run.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
I hit my first few pro totals training 3 days a week.... because of work and grad school and an internship I could only train Sat, Sun, Mon.... it works on any 3 day split though.

One day was Squat and Deadlift, one day was bench and OHP, and the third day was what I called Crossfat.... just auxiliary work at a fast pace. the 10/20/L term is a fluff and buff workout.

I'd set up the program very close to how the Lilliebridge method works.
Week one is Medium Squat,Heavy Deadlift, Heavy Bench.
Week two is Heavy Squat, Medium Deadlift, Heavy OHP
Week three is Light/Light/Light

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic