TID Post up your Best Mass Routine!!!!

Discussion in 'Training' started by JackD, Oct 25, 2011.

1. HisAngriness

HisAngriness Fancypants VIP

Mar 23, 2011
    mine is similar to the workout Ritch posted. a variation of Doggcrap that works best for me. Gotta give credit to Dante for this one as he was the guy that drew it up:

Monday Week 1
    Chest
    incline smith press (11-15rp)
    Shoulders
    military presses (11-20rp)
    Triceps
    reverse grip bench presses (11-20rp)
    Back width
    front rack chins (11-20rp)
    Back thickness
    (back thickness exercises and quad exercises arent rest paused due to safety reasons of fatigue and loss of form)
    deadlifts straight sets (6-9reps) + (9-12reps)

Wednesday Week 1
    Biceps
    preacher curls (11-20rp)
    Forearms
    pinwheel curls (straight set 10-20 reps)
    Calves
    (all calves are done with an enhanced negative, meaning up on big toe, 5 seconds lowering down to full stretch and then a brutal 10-15 seconds in the stretched position and then back up on the big toe again. It really separates the mice and the men--this is an all straight set)
    seated calf raises (10-12 reps)
    Hamstrings
    lying leg curls (15-30rp)
    Quads
    (quads are done again with no rest pause because of safety reasons, but after progressive warmups there is a heavy set and then what I call a "widowmaker set" for 20 reps with a still heavy, but lighter weight)
    free squats (6-10 rep straight set) 3-5 minute rest and then (20 rep widowmaker)

Friday-(repeat of mondays bodyparts)
    Chest
    Decline BB Press (11-15rp)
    Shouders
    Seated Smith Press (11-15rp)
    Triceps
    CG Bench (11-20rp)
    Back Width
    CG Pulldown (11-15rp)
    Back Thickness (no rp)
    TBar Rows (10-12 reps)

Week 2
    Monday-(repeat of wenesdays bodyparts)
    Biceps
    Drag Curl (11-20rp)
    Forearms
    Hammer Curls (no rp) 10-20 reps
    Calves
    Standing calf raise (no rp) 10-12 reps
    Hamstrings
    Lying Leg Curls (15-30rp)
    Quads (no rp)
    Hack Squats (6-10 straight reps then 20 rep widowmaker)

Wednsday
    Chest
    Flat Bench (11-15rp)
    Shoulders
    Upright Rows (11-20rp)
    Triceps
    EZ Bar Tri Ext (15-30rp)
    Back Width
    Front Pulldowns (11-15rp)
    Back Thickness (no rp)
    Rack Pulls (6-9 reps) + (9-12 reps)

Friday
    Biceps
    DB Curl (11-20rp)
    Forearms
    RG One Arm Cable Curl (straight set 10-20 reps)
    Calves (no rp)
    Seated Calf Raise (10-12 reps)
    Quads (no rp)
    Smith Squat (6-10 rep then 20 rep widowmaker)

WEEK 3
    Start over with week 1 exercises

2. oldschool1967

oldschool1967 VIP Member

Aug 6, 2011
    that's an easy one, 5x5...gained 30-40lbs in a few short months on this badboy!

monday:
    squat 5x5
    bench 5x5
    barbell row 5x5
    decline weighted sit-ups 4x10-12

wednesday:
    overhead press 5x5
    deadlift 3x5
    curl 3-4x6-8
    dips 3-4x6-8
    reverse crunches 4x10-12

friday:
    squat 5x5
    bench 5x5
    row 5x5
    decline weighted sit-ups 4x10-12

now, what i read about this program at the time, say 6 years ago, was to find a weight that allowed you to hit your rep range without failure. Your last rep should be difficult but not impossible! on fridays workout, you take your last set of 5 on squats and rows and add 10 lbs and on bench add 5 lbs. now, if that jump is too much, add 5 lbs to your squat and row, and if you are lucky, your gym may have 1 1/2 lb. plates, so you would add 3 lbs. to your bench. this final weight on friday will be your starting weight the following monday.wednesdays workout is the same, add 5-10 lbs to your deads and militaries, and 3-5 lbs on your arm work. you are best off cycling this program with a deload week after 6 weeks, this program is pretty tough and you may stagnate very quickly. keeping your mind interested is of the utmost importance! keep focused on the inevitable muscle/strength gains that this program will produce.Diet will determine how well you gain on this regimen! massive amounts of quality proteins, carbs, quality fats must be consumed! although i can tout how well my body responded to this simple yet effective program, i have learned from my fellow TID members that percentages, not a set amount of weight, such as this program has, can be more effective in producing gains in mass and strength. first time around'ers may very well benefit from the above mentioned program, less the percentages until you move on to say a 5-3-1 program.also, my body was untrained for a few months and ketosis was in full boar..just a sidenote. enjoy this simple, effective program, keep oldschool updated should you decide to run this!!

nixon1 likes this.
  3. oldschool1967

oldschool1967 VIP Member

Aug 6, 2011
    i posted twice..i think the first time i was sleep-typing.

4. Zomb131

Zomb131 VIP Member

Jan 31, 2011
    In-and-out, 2; 4x1's (4 meat, 1 cheese) post workout
    Oven baked pizza, 3 meat. (2 meals)
    Safeway's whole rotisserie chicken (2 meals)
    Poptarts; pre-workout

porky little keg likes this.
  5. body_by_donuts

body_by_donuts VIP Member

Jul 5, 2011
    Any of you do your abs daily?

6. porky little keg

porky little keg TID Board Of Directors

May 21, 2011
    Saturday - squat, deadlift..... like 4 hours of squatting and deadlifting
    Sunday - squat lighter for reps and do some rack work for deadlift. Abs.
    Monday - bench for a few hours, then do some rows, chins, and overhead presses. ab wheel.

The only direct arm work is moving steak from the plate to the mouth. The only machine is your car as you drive to get food.

7. rammer76

rammer76 Member

Nov 8, 2012
    How about Eastern Bloc Periodization:

I was fortunate enough to work w/ Professor Angel Spassov (Sophia,Bulgaria) Univ.Tx 1988-2011

His motto to me was doesn't matter drugs or no drugs I produce champions with my training system. This man is truly amazing -smartest guy I know in Strength Training.

With his program I was able to achieve a bench press of 411 at a body weight of 185lb-No Drugs!

So here is the outline

Muscle Groups 3 x times/week! How can you do this and recovery- very carefully;

Chest & Arms

-Lower Volume (6 sets per body part w/ very detailed sets-reps) Exception Back Muscle group&Triceps

Workout 1/Double Split Day

Bench Press (sets/reps based on max) 6 x 4-8 (85%-75%) warm up sets; 33%-50%-65%

{training set begins 8 rep set follow by a 4 rep set, continue the rotation it's called the "Bulgarian Wave"} This type of training set is really fun to do..it becomes a game b/c you have a goal on each set.

Bicep Curls- 6 x 25 reps ( I know crazy reps..too high?) Higher reps adds to greater workloads. Physiologically there is more slow twitch muscle fibers in small muscle groups and the joints that they attach to DO NOT generate a lot of force aka the elbow joint

-I was challenged on several occasions to try to curl heavy weight since my bicep workout used only light/moderate so I have on several occasions curled dumbells of 65-75lbs for 6-8 reps!! You bet my biceps developed well and got strong.

Tricep 3-4 x 15 reps (not much needed since a lot of the work is done w/ BP)

ABS- 150 reps

Workout 1A

Squats 6 x 4-8 same protocol

Leg Curls 3-5 x 25-50 reps!! Same concept as the arms

Workout 2

Back/Shoulders/Calves

Calf work 6 x 20-25

Hang Snatch 4 x 5 (65%) remember the greater the lifts the greater the testosterone release!

Shoulder Press 4 x 12 ( moderate intensity to avoid over taxing the shoulder joint w/ Bench Press work)
    super set w/
    Seated Row 4 x 20 (again higher reps for some muscle groups can create a great exercise stimuli)

Superset ;
    Lat Pulldown 3 x 25
    Side Laterals 3 x 15
    Pullover 3 x 25

* I was 'tested' with the theory higher rep work for back 'could make you stronger'. While camping w/ some family i was challenged to climb a rope about 25 feet high not using my legs! I did it without any struggle- the family who challenged me was shocked i could do this.

Workout 3/Double split day

BP 3 x 4 / 75-80%
    3 x 10-12/ 65%

Bicep Curls (different exercise) 4 x 30
    Bicep Curls ( " ) 2-3 x 20

Tricep Pushdown 3 x 15

ABS 150 reps

Workout 3 A

Step Ups (substitute for squats) 4 x 6 ( 135-185lb barbell)
    Hack Squats 3 x 8

Leg Curls/Seated vary it 3 x 25-50

Calf work 6 x 15-20

Workout 4

PowerClean 3 x 5

Pull Ups 3 x 15-20 reps

One Arm Row 3 x 15

Straight Arm Pulldown 3 x 20

Shoulder Laterals 3 x 15

Workout 5 Chest/Arms

BP 6 x 3-6 ( 90%-80%) each set is either a set of 3 or 6 so each set is rotated by another different rep set (Bulgarian Wave)

Barbell Curls 6 x 20

lying tricep extension 3-4 x 12-15

Abs/ 150 reps

Workout 5 A

Squats 3 x 5 (80%) , 3 x 8-10 (75%)

Step Ups 3 x 10 Body weight only

Straight leg Deadl lifts 3 x 12-15

Calves 6 x 25

Workout 6

Shoulder Press 3 x 12
    super set w/
    Seated Row 3 x 15-20

super set;
    Pullups 3 x 10-15
    Side Laterals 3 x 15
    Lat Pulldown 3 x 15-20

* This gives you a idea how Dr. Spassov created a 'Bodybuilding' training program utilizing a Periodization model based on Eastern European training of Bulgaria.
    * If you dont want to do all of the training program simply use some of these ideas of training and incorporate them to fit your program/lifestyle
    * Coach Spassov emphasized that you can develop musce without a increase of strength-this is why the program puts so much emphasis on heavy training.
    * This program I follow for 8 weeks and cycled off
    * I gained about 8 lbs of muscle in the 8 week time period

8. ketsugo

ketsugo VIP Member

Sep 10, 2011
    nice ! Particularly where the training is emphasized . If all it took was a chemical to build champions then we'd all be perfect

9. Vick

Vick VIP Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Well it's been awhile since anyone has updated this thread, so I'm going to throw something new in for those of us getting tired with the same old exercises. Keep in mind muscle is 70% water, therefore blood volume should be a priority, as in compound movements, but there are so few, so I invented some new ones. I believe in doing 3-5 sets per exercise and 8-12 sets per muscle group, with a 10 minute warm up, 20 minute cool down, for a 45 minute work out with reps covering 16,8, and 4 with 30-60 second rests on the high reps and 3-5 minute rest on the low reps and stretching between every set. I also believe bis, forearms, calves, and abs can be trained EOD.

1. Dumbbell straight leg deadlift with bent over row, that means doing the row in the middle of the deadlift.
    2. Dumbbell Fly/Press/Pullover. Flyes to failure then immediately press to failure, then immediately pullovers.
    3. Dumbbell curls/Arnolds. All one movement.
    4. Straight Bar Upright Rows/French Press. All one movement, flip elbows like clean and press.
    5. Straight Bar Reverse Curls/Military Press. All one movement.

I also superset Abs with Legs and go heavy on Wide grip pull ups and Dips.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
  10. BrotherIron

BrotherIron TID Board Of Directors

Mar 6, 2011
    Sst...........

11. Bongweiner

Bongweiner Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Awesome stuff

12. Ziegler

Ziegler Senior Member

Sep 9, 2015