Members
Latest Member
pbtom

Throwback cocktails

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
There is a resurgence in the Boston bar scene of "throwback" cocktails and frankly I am a fan. I never really used to drink much liquor outside of scotches.

Lately I have been trying out all sorts of tequilas. Then gin. It's opened some doors...

I got married on Saturdat and we stayed at a very well known hotel in Boston. There is a whiskey bar at the hotel with a scotch list that goes on and on.

I wound up with a "Blood and Sand"

3/4 Oz scotch - used a Balvenie but a blend is the classic way
3/4 Oz Dolin Rouge Vermouth
3/4 Oz cherry heering
3/4 Oz blood orange juice

Shake it up with ice and serve neat in a martini glass with a cherry.

Even the cherry was awesome at this bar. Instead of the nasty ones in the jar in red dye they take fresh cherries and boil them in simple syrup...

If you are ever in Boston stop at Omni Parker House Hotel and check out their bar Last Hurrah. Their restaurant Parkers is fantastic too. Dinner there and cocktails after at their bar is a perfect evening in my book.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
That actually sounds really good. Congratulations by the way.

HGH

HGH

MuscleHead
Jan 11, 2013
Sounds great.

My rule for drinking cocktails is that I won't drink anything that didn't exist when my grandpa was my age. No midori sours for me. B)

There are some places in LA that make really nice old school cocktails if youre ever out this way

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
Wait.. you just got married and you're over here posting on TID? Go bang your wife repeatedly for the next 4 weeks and don't come back until she can no longer walk... lol

Got anything planned as far as a honeymoon, big guy?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Wait.. you just got married and you're over here posting on TID? Go bang your wife repeatedly for the next 4 weeks and don't come back until she can no longer walk... lol

Got anything planned as far as a honeymoon, big guy?
Wedding night stack of caber proviron and hcg Jhot... I am worn out lol

Honeymoon we are looking still... will go sometime in January. Just trying to find the right spot. Looking like it will be Dominican.

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
Wedding night stack of caber proviron and hcg Jhot... I am worn out lol

Honeymoon we are looking still... will go sometime in January. Just trying to find the right spot. Looking like it will be Dominican.

Hahha a "wedding night" stack... I better prepare one of those for my own.. Just a few months away

Dominican sounds awesome.. I have been all over the Caribbean but not there...have fun brother !

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
Finally tried it last night... Went out for some fine dining.. Bartender was unfamiliar with it but looked it up and it was ****in amazing! Good call brother pob

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
There is a resurgence in the Boston bar scene of "throwback" cocktails and frankly I am a fan. I never really used to drink much liquor outside of scotches.

Lately I have been trying out all sorts of tequilas. Then gin. It's opened some doors...

I got married on Saturdat and we stayed at a very well known hotel in Boston. There is a whiskey bar at the hotel with a scotch list that goes on and on.

I wound up with a "Blood and Sand"

3/4 Oz scotch - used a Balvenie but a blend is the classic way
3/4 Oz Dolin Rouge Vermouth
3/4 Oz cherry heering
3/4 Oz blood orange juice

Shake it up with ice and serve neat in a martini glass with a cherry.

Even the cherry was awesome at this bar. Instead of the nasty ones in the jar in red dye they take fresh cherries and boil them in simple syrup...

If you are ever in Boston stop at Omni Parker House Hotel and check out their bar Last Hurrah. Their restaurant Parkers is fantastic too. Dinner there and cocktails after at their bar is a perfect evening in my book.

I can't wait to try it POB!!! Drinks and dinner are on me!

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
Dammit, POB, you are going turn these guys in to alcoholics! LOL. Caber, proviron and HCG eh? Hmmmm....gonna have to get that recipe from you. Sounds fun.

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
Dammit, POB, you are going turn these guys in to alcoholics! LOL. Caber, proviron and HCG eh? Hmmmm....gonna have to get that recipe from you. Sounds fun.

That's another damn combo! How did I miss that?!

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Imma gonna smack you for mixing Balevene with OJ. Did you follow that up with a Henny XO and OJ from a tap gun behind the bar?

Never heard of this one. Maybe I will make one for myself, just need to go to the fancy liquor store for some cherry liquor.

Been liking Rye Manhattan's when I go out for a nice dinner. Made right, you only need one.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic