Latest Member
Ethan7400
What's New?

thoughts, opinions

nationwide

nationwide

VIP Member
Mar 19, 2011
I work 2 weeks on 1 week off, during the 2 week on I may work 100 plus hrs a week, most of time when i go on a job its 30 plus hrs straight on location,than a 10 hr break at home. I figured out my food issue with it.. I was wondering about the best work out scheme to use. Complete upper body one day than lower next time i am able to train.I have the itch to compete again. Do you think its possible to compete with a scheldue like this?

big_paul_ski

big_paul_ski

MuscleHead
Dec 13, 2010
gez man i have no idea. all i know is with those 10hr breaks i would be resting. you my friend are in a tough spot.

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
Schedule looks like oil and gas industry. I had a friend who worked on a drilling platform with a similar schedule. He successfully competed as LHW a large local show and placed 3rd in the open. His workouts were short and sweet compound movements during his shifts and more complicated schemes on his off week. Rest and food were key. It can be done bro, but this cat had the discipline of a monk. Good luck man.

nationwide

nationwide

VIP Member
Mar 19, 2011
Schedule looks like oil and gas industry. I had a friend who worked on a drilling platform with a similar schedule. He successfully competed as LHW a large local show and placed 3rd in the open. His workouts were short and sweet compound movements during his shifts and more complicated schemes on his off week. Rest and food were key. It can be done bro, but this cat had the discipline of a monk. Good luck man.

You are correct,I dont work platform, i am in the servicing field..we cement there holes at different levels of their drilling....The plus I guess is it can be done,depending on how i well i can focus

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
good luck if you decide to do it. i work 10-12 hrs a day M-F and often times on the weekends as well. I fit in workouts of less than an hour at lunch, generally working one body part a workout. there is no way that i would even think about competing. my hats off to you if you do! that sounds like hell to me!

KBD

KBD

I Look Good...
Sep 13, 2010

Yeah agreed it can be done but it sounds like a pain in the ass.

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
Holy smokes thats a schedule from hell, IM not gonna say impossible but I will say with another job schedule it would be alot easier.

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
Just keep hitting it nationwide, keep the muscles stimulated and see what you can do with your difficult schedule. Just making gains is a good beginning bro...

nationwide

nationwide

VIP Member
Mar 19, 2011
Holy smokes thats a schedule from hell, IM not gonna say impossible but I will say with another job schedule it would be alot easier.
unfortunatly i cant change my scheldue,unless i change jobs,which could happen if i can find a water truck job that goes to well site. this industry there are no good hours.

nationwide

nationwide

VIP Member
Mar 19, 2011
Just keep hitting it nationwide, keep the muscles stimulated and see what you can do with your difficult schedule. Just making gains is a good beginning bro...

you are right..i didnt lift for about 5 month,cause i was feeling sorry for myself,but been hitting it for a month and am amazed how it came back quickly.

hugerobb

hugerobb

VIP Strength Advisor
Sep 15, 2010
good luck I work 12 hr a day 5 days a week and thats grave yard soon as i get off at 7am I head to the gym but it can be done as they say where theres a will theres a way

A

Awakened615

Mar 1, 2011
I work 2 weeks on 1 week off, during the 2 week on I may work 100 plus hrs a week, most of time when i go on a job its 30 plus hrs straight on location,than a 10 hr break at home. I figured out my food issue with it.. I was wondering about the best work out scheme to use. Complete upper body one day than lower next time i am able to train.I have the itch to compete again. Do you think its possible to compete with a scheldue like this?

Sounds like try to come up with your own style of DC Training. Make it extremely intense. The most important thing for your body next to nutrition is proper rest bro. There is no way around this. Sure you can compete anytime but you will never be at your best with a schedule like this. Competing takes as you know all your time up as iot is and if it isnt then your not training properly. Obviously you will be competiong all natty because there is no time to cycle in this schedule either but to be in competion form it seems to me that you have to change your schedule around alot. Goodluck with whatevery you decide. BTW you didnt mention what kind of competiton either although BB'ing and PL'ing take the same time and dedication. Respectfully,Wake

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic