Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
bsimon7074
What's New?

Thoughts on vegan lifestyle ?

Would you be able to live without chicken, eggs and milk ?

• No

Votes: 25 52.1%
  • Maybe

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • Already vegetarian

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Already vegan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meat is essential fuel for the muscle !

Votes: 7 14.6%

• Total voters
ogre

ogre

VIP Member
Dec 18, 2016
Cant say I would think it would be a healthy life style, at least not for me.I know for certain I'd feel like shit.Every ones different.

mindfcuk

mindfcuk

VIP Member
Jul 8, 2017
My aunt was a vegan for 30 years guess what I got her? Osteoporosis... everyone is different but I'm a proud meatanarian

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
By the same token I have a buddy who's been vegan since birth (hippy parents) and she's an IFBB WPD Pro. She's in the blue on the left. It's very hard work to get complete macros every day but the weight training is better insurance against osteoporosis than eating meat.

Attachments

• 5th.jpg
    5th.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 429
mindfcuk

mindfcuk

VIP Member
Jul 8, 2017
Very true Mike. My aunt definitely missed that component of the healthy lifestyle. She is close to 70 so i don't see her picking it up now. Thanks for the balancing post. All in all I should say it's hard but if there's a will there's a way. Me personally I can't do it I don't like veggies enough lol. I have also done research as well on ancient tribes who mostly ate meat including cholesterol rich organ meat. They ate fermented cassava and bochu as there plant source no grains and lived a nice long life. It wasn't until being colonized and being introduced to refined sugar that they developed health problems.

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
After her indoctrination at UC Berkeley my sister went vegan, typical vegan demanding animals rights and 'you should because I do' rhetoric. Less than a decade into her life, planet, children and animal saving lifestyle her doctor told her emaciated little arse "you better eat some meat or you're going to die".

Going back at least 3 generations I know of personally we've all been meat eaters on both sides. Going vegan because it works for someone is great, going vegan to serve an agenda is IMO most prevalent.

Might want to take a look at your motive(s).

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
I believe you can be a female into our lifestyle and be a vegan. A male not so much. Woman arent looking to pack on size like we are. Im pretty sure my pre or post workout meal on a heavy leg day wont be carrots and asparagus anytime soon.

Gms585

Gms585

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2017
Anyone else notice these vegans and vegetarians always look malnourished- pale, frail, split end hairs? Occasionally there eill be a chubby one with rosey cheeks, but rare.

I don't buy into these type of diets. Were meant to eat both meats and vegetables.

Not true.
Arian foster, David Carter, several boxers n mma guys have all gone at least partially vegetarian.

I'm thinking about trying to go to 4-5 days a week veg. It's doable and there are allot of plant protein powders now too. I think it's like any other diet some will respond well some won't.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I like veggies, but I also like meat. Balance is the key for me.

I think it would be a challenge to get in enough calories with a vegan diet, but obviously some people do it. I think I'd have to get creative in the kitchen to get the variety of foods and flavors that I presently take for granted in a balanced diet.

Gms585

Gms585

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2017
I like veggies, but I also like meat. Balance is the key for me.

I think it would be a challenge to get in enough calories with a vegan diet, but obviously some people do it. I think I'd have to get creative in the kitchen to get the variety of foods and flavors that I presently take for granted in a balanced diet.

Vegan yea, Veggie based IDK. Lots of athletes are doing it now.
I love me some beef and pork. Love It. I just think maybe the general population eats to much of it.
Also there is a big difference IMO from joe blow america who doesnt walk, workout or do dick and guy like hang on the forums who work out 5-10 x per week and live actively. Maybe for us more meat isnt so bad, but with the modern american lifestyle... I think lots of folks could use a plant based diet.

Billthebutcher

Billthebutcher

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2011
Been trying the plant based stuff for last month. Its going very well. Whey is not only protein lol.

S

Snake

VIP Member
May 1, 2011
Can you get good plant based protein powder without eating soy?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic