Kiddorism
What's New?

Thoughts on the FBI and IR$

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
We are presently getting, and will continue getting strategic leaks from the unbiased FBI and DOJ, no doubt. I wonder why they would leak when all the aspects of an investigation are supposed to be kept secret? Because it's the process that's the punishment. This is about politics, not about national security. I don't believe for one second that there is any national security issues on the table. This is about getting Trump. Plain and simple. Russia hoax didn't do it, Impeachment #1 didn't do it, Impeachment #2 didn't do it. His poll numbers are higher than Bidens and the entire Deep State is freaking out. I can't stand the guy, he's a total narcissist, but I find it entertaining how he's living rent free in the head of every journalist, every Deep Stater, and every Dem in the country! LOL

https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/news/articles/fbi-raid-mar-a-lago-trump-russiagate-lee-smith

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
Trump, who had declassification authority, had classified information that he claims he declassified, under lock and key, in a location guarded by secret service personnel. No claims are made that any of this information was available electronically. And who was raided? The FBI/DOJ has been employed as a weapon against the perceived enemies of the party in power. That's what I'm seeing, at least.
From what I hear, according to Obama era rules, that since the President has supreme authority to declassify things at will, if he takes something home with him its considered de facto declassified.

Scuttlebutt is Trump has info on Hunter or some other scandal, and that Garland (and the White House) is panicking over it. Its part of all these DOJ whistleblowers coming out.

Speaking of whistleblowers: early this week Garland circulated a memo telling everyone they are forbidden from talking to members of Congress. Things that make you go Hmmm.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
There is dicta in a couple court cases that imply that, but this issue has never been litigated directly. But the argument that his actions are de facto a declassification is based on the President being the commander in chief and head of the executive branch. And his authority is not bound by statute. I really don't know, but the Navy v. Egan case from the late 80s has some very broad, sweeping language, but it was dicta, because the case wasn't really about Presidential powers.

The FBI will have a better chance of getting him on a process crime, such as obstruction or lying to the FBI. The raid is just a pretext. And who knows, maybe they're really looking for something else...

fasttwitch

fasttwitch

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2011
We are presently getting, and will continue getting strategic leaks from the unbiased FBI and DOJ, no doubt.

I agree. But the leaks are coming precisely because of the fact Trump is spinning his own narrative. Normally the FBI wouldn't be inclined to say anything. But because Trump is creating his narrative I think the FBI feels they need to counter. Just my theory. I could be wrong. But the American public has the attention span of a cat on meth, and the case is to some degree tried in the court of public opinion, so the FBI keeps weighing in.

I can't stand the guy, he's a total narcissist, but I find it entertaining how he's living rent free in the head of every journalist, every Deep Stater, and every Dem in the country! LOL

https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/news/articles/fbi-raid-mar-a-lago-trump-russiagate-lee-smith

Ya know, this is true. But it's on both sides. Obama because a point of hysteria for the right wing. Remember the right wing losing their fucking minds when Obama wore a tan suit?

Lets just admit that both sides are more interested in antagonizing and trolling the other side than they are in bettering the lives of most Americans.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic