Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Thoughts on the FBI and IR$

fasttwitch

fasttwitch

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2011
I'm not so sure Trump was in real charge of his own agencies. Hell, the FBI was still investigating the now-debunked Russian collusion during his term. (Then Director) Comey definitely lied right to Trump's (his boss') face. "Deep State" used to seem like a conspiracy theory when I first heard about it, but I see now it clearly exists and is a serious problem and detriment to our freedom.

Heard the news today that the Census Bureau has admitted they made "mistakes" in the last counting, undercounting Red States like Texas and Florida (750k short!!!) and overcounting Blue states. The estimate is that Democrats gained 5 congressional seats because of the "errors". There is just too much coincidence for this to be random and in nearly every case it has helped the Dems and harmed the Repubs.
Census errors will distort elections, funding for next decade (Washington Times article) "All but one of the states overcounted is a blue state, and all but one of the undercounted states is red."

True. But this is the point. The US is a huge country with a 200+ year history of devising checks and balances to power. No president has that much control. So when the two CULTS (Democrats and Republicans) give credit to their guy or blame to the other guy when it's really just the establishment doing what it does.. It's truly cringe. Ever notice how every single thing good that happens when your guy is in power is a direct result of your guy's actions? Every notice how every single thing that goes wrong when your guy is in power is because something was beyond that control of your guy?

And then people flip the script when your guy is out of power?

Is so intellectually and ethically corrupt.

fasttwitch

fasttwitch

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2011
I'm not so sure Trump was in real charge of his own agencies. Hell, the FBI was still investigating the now-debunked Russian collusion during his term. (Then Director) Comey definitely lied right to Trump's (his boss') face. "Deep State" used to seem like a conspiracy theory when I first heard about it, but I see now it clearly exists and is a serious problem and detriment to our freedom.

Heard the news today that the Census Bureau has admitted they made "mistakes" in the last counting, undercounting Red States like Texas and Florida (750k short!!!) and overcounting Blue states. The estimate is that Democrats gained 5 congressional seats because of the "errors". There is just too much coincidence for this to be random and in nearly every case it has helped the Dems and harmed the Repubs.
Census errors will distort elections, funding for next decade (Washington Times article) "All but one of the states overcounted is a blue state, and all but one of the undercounted states is red."

True. But this is the point. The US is a huge country with a 200+ year history of devising checks and balances to power. No president has that much control. So when the two CULTS (Democrats and Republicans) give credit to their guy or blame to the other guy when it's really just the establishment doing what it does.. It's truly cringe. Ever notice how every single thing good that happens when your guy is in power is a direct result of your guy's actions? Every notice how every single thing that goes wrong when your guy is in power is because something was beyond that control of your guy?

And then people flip the script when your guy is out of power?

Is so intellectually and ethically corrupt.
And now the FBI and DOJ coordinate an unprecedented raid on the ex-President's residence. For what? classified docs. Really? You mean that not taking proper care of classified material is now a thing? After Clinton blatantly destroyed evidence AFTER issuance of a subpoena that ordered preservation and production of such material? You mean after having been found with a substantial amount of classified material that she wasn't able to destroy? Didn't the FBI/DOJ just recently state that no reasonable prosecutor would bring a case under such circumstances?

And Clinton didn't have the power to declassify material in any manner that she so chose, as Trump did as President. The whole Deep State is just pure unadulturated BS.

Clinton was also guilty. What Clinton did was worse. She likely intentionally had access to sensitive information outside of using approved infrastructure. What happened with Trump was different (IMHO). Trump is just so sloppy, haphazard and disorganized and his staff a bunch of incompetent yes men that he probably didn't have his team properly organize and separate the removed materials. Trump is just a reckless mess. Clinton is conniving.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
FastTwitch, I don't disagree with anything you just said. But Trump's docs, whether classified or not, are covered by The Presidential Records Act. There is a reason that AG Garland did not seek an internal approval from his Office of Legal Counsel, because the Office would not have given him a green light to invoke the statutes he did in the search warrant. The WSJ has an Op-Ed (granted, an opinion) that discusses it today.

The Dems want to wound Trump so that he: (1) doesn't run, or (2) runs but is so damaged that he loses. Honestly, I'd like him to not run as well, just because we need to get stuff done, and I hate the junior high girl BS will go between Trump and his enemies (the Dems and the press) for the next 4 years.

fasttwitch

fasttwitch

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2011
FastTwitch, I don't disagree with anything you just said. But Trump's docs, whether classified or not, are covered by The Presidential Records Act. There is a reason that AG Garland did not seek an internal approval from his Office of Legal Counsel, because the Office would not have given him a green light to invoke the statutes he did in the search warrant. The WSJ has an Op-Ed (granted, an opinion) that discusses it today.

The Dems want to wound Trump so that he: (1) doesn't run, or (2) runs but is so damaged that he loses. Honestly, I'd like him to not run as well, just because we need to get stuff done, and I hate the junior high girl BS will go between Trump and his enemies (the Dems and the press) for the next 4 years.

I agree with most of this, too.

Swiper

Swiper

VIP Member
Jan 8, 2011
Umm, sure that's it. I think Trump is really no worse than Clinton, Obama or Biden (they're all worse in differently ways).

So what about that? Is it TDS to think that the Democrats are as bad as Trump?

It doesn’t matter who’s president. I don’t know why you even brought that up. all these government agencies are out of control. they do as a please no matter who’s president.
Trump was president when his own department of justice investigated him.

The IRS has been caught targeting Republicans. most people who work in government are Democrats, so you can see how they can be bias. we’ll see who the irs goes after.

seems like the Democrats have a history and pattern of using the government to go after people for political reasons. we’re living in a Third World banana republic.

fasttwitch

fasttwitch

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2011
It doesn’t matter who’s president. I don’t know why you even brought that up. all these government agencies are out of control. they do as a please no matter who’s president.
Trump was president when his own department of justice investigated him.

The IRS has been caught targeting Republicans. most people who work in government are Democrats, so you can see how they can be bias. we’ll see who the irs goes after.

seems like the Democrats have a history and pattern of using the government to go after people for political reasons. we’re living in a Third World banana republic.

Yeah. I agree with some of what you say. But it's not clear to me that the government is all in against one party or another. Both parties play the same games. When one's own party does it though it's seen as justice while the other side sees it as an abuse of power. I'm not going to defend the IRS, I hate them too. But in all fairness the IRS is pursuing $$ and weighing the decisions on who to pursue by the likelihood that the person or business is committing fraud, how much money is at stake and the likelihood that the person or business can defend themselves. I hardly think the IRS is going after most people because of woke issues or other liberal causes. They are following the money. It's their job. If you hire a forensic accountant and offer them advancement based on their success rate then that person is self motivated to catch tax cheats.

I always leave something deductible off of my taxes. If the IRS wants to audit me or my S-Corp they'll end up owing me more than they thought. That'll teach them.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Stickler

Stickler

VIP Member
Oct 28, 2010
Just curious if everybody's thought about what's going on with the FBI and investigating Trump. I know there's a lot of trump haters out there and would love to see him be burned at the cross. What scares me is using the FBI on American citizens for a fishing expedition.

Now the flip side with this new bill that are illustrious new president just signed is going to weaponize the IR$. I've been self-employed for over 20 years and I keep horrible accounting but I pay my taxes but I've heard stories where they don't take almost 100% proof If you can't convince them and they're happy that they just pretty much ruin your life.

Y'all's take?
Disassemble them both.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I know it's extremely difficult to fire anyone in the gov't. So I'd reorganize the entire FBI, and simply eliminate the top 3-4 levels off the entire org chart, both in DC and in every field office. Washington DC field office is gone. FBI HQ is moved to BFE, Wyoming or someplace similar. All the top layer personnel would be "promoted" to cleaning toilets and/pr organizing hard-copy records in the new FBI records retention facility in Alaska, located way up above the artic circle. If they didn't wish to accept their new assignment at the new location, they could resign their position effective immediately.

fasttwitch

fasttwitch

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2011
Good article about the WSJ Op-Ed about the legal basis for the FBI raid on Mar-a-Lago

None of us know the whole story, really. But I think the above article will age badly. The FBI rarely moves like this unless your head is already in their noose. Sure, the FBI misfires some times. But most of the time they go to this extreme the target is screwed. And really, all the FBI has to do for the time being is just let Trump keep talking. Trump is playing into their game by saying anything.

My biggest hope is that this is the beginning shot that somehow leads to the destruction of the American empire. It's time to dissolve this corrupt experiment. Break America up into like minded region / states where people can live with like minded people.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
None of us know the whole story, really. But I think the above article will age badly. The FBI rarely moves like this unless your head is already in their noose. Sure, the FBI misfires some times. But most of the time they go to this extreme the target is screwed. And really, all the FBI has to do for the time being is just let Trump keep talking. Trump is playing into their game by saying anything.

My biggest hope is that this is the beginning shot that somehow leads to the destruction of the American empire. It's time to dissolve this corrupt experiment. Break America up into like minded region / states where people can live with like minded people.
I hear you, but I disagree. The FBI has been consistently misfiring over the past several years, not because they're incompetent, but because they're corrupt. Who cares if they screw up and can't get a conviction. The PROCESS is the punishment. They want to indict Trump, and a conviction is just icing on the cake. Plus, the media will have headlines for month trumpeting the indictment, and if they can't convict, the news will be that Trump got off on a technicality.

Hillary, who had no declassification authority, maintained a substantial amount of classified information on an unsecure server, and it's believed it was compromised. She then, AFTER the server was subpoenaed, intentionally destroyed thousands of the emails, and took a hammer to the smart phones. No raids, no prosecution, no nothing.

Trump, who had declassification authority, had classified information that he claims he declassified, under lock and key, in a location guarded by secret service personnel. No claims are made that any of this information was available electronically. And who was raided? The FBI/DOJ has been employed as a weapon against the perceived enemies of the party in power. That's what I'm seeing, at least.

fasttwitch

fasttwitch

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2011
I hear you, but I disagree. The FBI has been consistently misfiring over the past several years, not because they're incompetent, but because they're corrupt. Who cares if they screw up and can't get a conviction. The PROCESS is the punishment. They want to indict Trump, and a conviction is just icing on the cake. Plus, the media will have headlines for month trumpeting the indictment, and if they can't convict, the news will be that Trump got off on a technicality.

Hillary, who had no declassification authority, maintained a substantial amount of classified information on an unsecure server, and it's believed it was compromised. She then, AFTER the server was subpoenaed, intentionally destroyed thousands of the emails, and took a hammer to the smart phones. No raids, no prosecution, no nothing.

Trump, who had declassification authority, had classified information that he claims he declassified, under lock and key, in a location guarded by secret service personnel. No claims are made that any of this information was available electronically. And who was raided? The FBI/DOJ has been employed as a weapon against the perceived enemies of the party in power. That's what I'm seeing, at least.

Hillary belongs in prison. Agreed. Lock her corrupt ass up.

But that won't absolve Trump. Trump could, as president, declassify materials. But it's still illegal to 'disseminate' the declassified material because it's still 'restricted' at another level. Nuclear materials are protected by the federal Atomic Energy Act / 1954 (Kel McClanahan, executive director of the National Security Counselors). This is a designation outside of Trump's authority to disseminate. So Trump can declassify them for viewing by others but not move them to locations considered unauthorized. Again, the materials could be declassified for viewing, but restricted for access.

This will become an issue for attorneys to split hairs for a while.

Let's be honest for a second. Trump had the materials not because he needed them. Not because he had malicious intent to use the materials to hurt the USA. Trump had these materials for one of the following reasons. 1) In typical Trump fashion he was sloppy and disorganized and packed in a hurry just a few short days before leaving office, instead of having teams properly vet the information and sort it. 2) His vanity. Trump is a textbook narcissist. He may have wanted the materials to impress people. To show off where he'd been. What he's done.

In Trump's mind it's always about glorifying Trump and making Trump seem larger than life.

(Added later). Forgot to add. Word is (just rumors) that the confidential informant is one of Trump's top lawyers. Trump walked himself into a legal land mined area and his council was at jeopardy, legally, and realized it and came forward. Always count on people to want to save their own ass.

Additionally, look at the just released contents of the FBI search, released today. There are folders marked classified and top secret which are empty. Where are the contents? This cannot help Trump's case.

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic