Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

This is bad, very bad

B

body_by_donuts

Jul 5, 2011
I'll be honest, it really dose not say why the man was stopped. Now if this was an unlawful entry on a residence I could see a problem with it,

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Oh look, conservatice judges eroding our rights...

Truth be told this isn't quite new. If an Officer is deemed to have been acting in good faith with probable cause it's admissible.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Oh look, conservatice judges eroding our rights...

Truth be told this isn't quite new. If an Officer is deemed to have been acting in good faith with probable cause it's admissible.

Half of them were conservative, the other half were liberal. That is beside the point.

The point is that they have opened the door to illegal searches without consequence.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Half of them were conservative, the other half were liberal. That is beside the point.

The point is that they have opened the door to illegal searches without consequence.
Still saying this isn't new. That door has been open for some time. As if cops ever act on good faith.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Still saying this isn't new. That door has been open for some time. As if cops ever act on good faith.

Good faith is argued in court all of the time, and evidence is still regularly thrown out because of illegal methods of obtaining it. What this does is basically throws out any chance of arguing good faith and makes evidence admissible, regardless of the means it took to get it.

Warrior45

Warrior45

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 9, 2012
The fact that the Supreme Court chose to even take up such a small case and make a ruling tells you something. Not like we are talking about El Chapo here.

biguglynewf

biguglynewf

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2010
What was the "illegal stop" this article speaks too?

I know things are different slightly between our countries so maybe this is where I'm lost. However, it would seem that the ruling has a lot to do with this fact, yet the article doesn't really speak much about it.

If it is fact that police made a stop they had no grounds to make and that was proven.....this is a very alarming matter and opens the door to potential endless possibilities......one step closer to the world that George Orwell described a very long time ago.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
What was the "illegal stop" this article speaks too?

I know things are different slightly between our countries so maybe this is where I'm lost. However, it would seem that the ruling has a lot to do with this fact, yet the article doesn't really speak much about it.

If it is fact that police made a stop they had no grounds to make and that was proven.....this is a very alarming matter and opens the door to potential endless possibilities......one step closer to the world that George Orwell described a very long time ago.

That is exactly what happened. It was an illegal stop. Sure, the cop got lucky when he found the guy had a warrant and meth on him. Some would argue good faith here, but what this does is sets a very bad precedence.

B

bthatch

Jul 8, 2016
But if this guy had meth on him is it possible that he looked or appeared like he was under the influence so they stopped him?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic