Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

This fatass needs help after a few years out of the gym!

goldy

goldy

Chutzpah VIP
Jan 17, 2011
I have not worked out seriously in 3-4 years. I lost 90% most of the muscle I had. I just joined lifetime fitness tonight and am going for an “evaluation” on Sunday to see where I stand with body fat and every 30 days until I am satisfied with where I am at. I know it has to be high; I have never been this fat in my life. I could probably lose 40-50 pounds of fat. I am not concerned with “muscle preservation” this time around since I have been off soooo long which makes me think I might be able to get away with some sort of “extreme diet”, I just don’t know of any. PS this is the craziest and largest gym I have ever seen.

DIET:
I am very good about dieting if I want to be. I am thinking bc of this predicament and the high BF% I should probably go with a CKD to get back down to 10% BF as opposed to low fat\low carb diet. I had done the CKD probably 10 years ago with very good results. There was a website I think ckd.com which I cannot find now… I know how to figure out how much protein and how much total caloric intake I should have for the day NP. I am just wondering what to do pre and post workout? Maybe just a scoop of whey for each one or just post workout? I also seem to remember that if I tried to stick to mostly clean fats weight loss would slow. After Friday’s workout it is a carb fest starting with high GI carbs and slowly working down to low GI carbs and then back on fats Sunday. Also you can have I think up to 30G of carbs a day and still stay ketogenic?

Training:
I still have my intense 5 day a week workout, but I think it is way too much for a non carb diet. I checked out the CKD diet and it seems, well, poor. Do you really need to do the vull body workout on Fridays to make sure you are glycogen depleted? Anyone have any other workout suggestions or should I just suck it up and do the recommended CKD diet.

Supps:
I have high BP (controlled with meds) so ECA is out of the question this time around. All I am going to take as of now is green tea pills and animal multi vite packs unless someone knows something that actually works? I am on 200 mg a week of test for TRT along with a monthly prescription of HCG of which I take 400 IU twice a week, so that should help  I am thinking of starting some HGH too here soon if I can find it at the right price since that shit works miracles on my body for fat and overall “shape”. I also have a 2 kilo bag of BCAA.

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
Take it easy fellas we are all here to exchange ideas. There are many variations of diets and training and many different views on how to do them. No point in beating each other up.

R

RADAR

Jan 19, 2011
Yeah! I just realized that i got heated which is unusal for me and came back to edit my thread,sorry, no one has to take my advice if they don't want to ,just trying to help!

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
Yeah! I just realized that i got heated which is unusal for me and came back to edit my thread,sorry, no one has to take my advice if they don't want to ,just trying to help!

Your help is greatly appreciated.

AWARE72

AWARE72

MuscleHead
Oct 17, 2010
Well I seem to have been in the same position as you are just over 2 years ago. I was out of the gym for 3 years and had put on a bunch of fat, lost strenght. Yes I wanted to be fit like tommorrow, however I knew that is not the right way.

I start at 275lb and well over 20%bf. My diet had alway been healthly, I had drop the sugars, bad fats, etc years ago. My issue is I was eating too much and not working out. I took this approach. The first month back I cleaned up my diet and reduced my caloires so I was in a negative caloric intake. I went and did 45 mins of fasted cardio 5 day a week for month. Then I started back at the weights. I start with a higher volume program 4 days a week in the 10-12 rep range for 8 weeks. I did this to get my tendons and liagments stronger. I then switch over to Bill Starrs Inter 5X5 program which I also ran for 8 weeks(this was great for my strenght...gotta love muscle memory) here is one of my logs...AWARE72-Journal - IntenseMuscle.com. At this point I was down a few pound and my strenght was coming back. I start to cycle my carbs and zig zag my caloires. I had a couple set backs , but finally start a DC program which I used for about 8 Blast, I ran a low carb diet<100 carbs a day with refeed day on Sunday. I keep my fats moderate. I managed to get myself down to 225lb this past summer and I was about 15%BF, this is the point where we add some AAS, with a few other things. I found some new approached ADF/CPWO which have let me learn my body in a whole new way. I've got about 3 weeks before I start PCT and I'm currenlty about 230lb and right around 10%. It been just over two years. I keep on having to tell myself it is a marathon, not a sprint...I'm happy with my result and I plan on posting up some before/after pictures sometime soon.

I don't like the CKD diets...I've run them before and felt like shit...I am glad I ran into a smart guy with some new ideas and like to share. I'm happy to say I find running a ADF combined with CPWO work great for fat loss, I seem to experience some great recomp using this approach...Anyway I was bored and felt like writing. This was my approach. slow and steady....

Last edited:
goldy

goldy

Chutzpah VIP
Jan 17, 2011
Thanks Aware. last time i ran a ckd i was able to lose 3 pounds a week which is pretty good. some people have success and some dont from what i have read over the years.

What exactly is ADF and CPWD?

AWARE72

AWARE72

MuscleHead
Oct 17, 2010
Thanks Aware. last time i ran a ckd i was able to lose 3 pounds a week which is pretty good. some people have success and some dont from what i have read over the years.

What exactly is ADF and CPWD?

Don't get me wrong, the CKD did work for me also, but I felt like shit, my training suffered.

Alternate Day Fasting/Carbless Post Work Out.

This is what I'm doing right now. I train on M/W/F and do cardio on T/Th/Sat

Monday is a carb up day I get up around 8 and eat carb meals until about 4. I train at 6, then I stay carbless rest of night.
Tuesday is a fast day. I dose peptides when I wake 8. Then I go do 1hr low intensity cardio follow by some core work.. I contuine to fast until 6pm and I have two more carbless meals, then bed.
Repeat.

Sunday is a carb day. I don't count my caloires I just eat thing I might not during the week. My favorite is French Toast with maple syrup...mmmm...although I'm at a point where I might need to run a min fast on this day and add in another cardio session.

I'm eating just under 6,300 caloires during the 48hours peroid.
Mon-4,997 cal
Tue-1,258 cal.

Macros look like this
8hr Carb up period 86g/F, 397g/C, 249g/C
36hr Carbless period 119g/F, 1g/C, 388g/P

What I find is I countine to gain strenght and get leaner with this approach.

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic