kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Gms585

Gms585

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2017
I love the neo-conservatism of america today.
We want small government and more state rights.
But we also want government storm troopers to enforce bad business practices of airlines even if that means physically abusing paying customers.
This is the tip of the iceberg of the hypocrisy that is neo-conservatism. I could go on and on about how retarded the staunch right is.
Of course the staunch left is equally fucked.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I love the neo-conservatism of america today.
We want small government and more state rights.
But we also want government storm troopers to enforce bad business practices of airlines even if that means physically abusing paying customers.
This is the tip of the iceberg of the hypocrisy that is neo-conservatism. I could go on and on about how retarded the staunch right is.
Of course the staunch left is equally fucked.

We do? Please do go on and on. I'm interested to know who all these conservatives are that want storm troopers to enforce bad business practices.

United is paying the piper for being stupid. The market is working... how about that?

I don't know of anyone pushing for new laws to allow companies to do other "bad" things, whatever those are. This is a perfect example of United doing what was "lawful", but stupid, and they are taking it on the chin in the court of public opinion. I have no problem with that.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Tommy the number of brain damaged conservative friends of mine cheering on the police state is endless. It fucking baffles me. I see it every day. Every time a cop shoots some unarmed kid or beats the fuck out of em they say shit like "they should have followed the cops orders."

Gms585

Gms585

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2017
Tommy the number of brain damaged conservative friends of mine cheering on the police state is endless. It fucking baffles me. I see it every day. Every time a cop shoots some unarmed kid or beats the fuck out of em they say shit like "they should have followed the cops orders."

It's sad leftists and conservatives alike live in a state of nearly insane denial and hypocrisy.

"I don't know of anyone pushing for new laws to allow companies to do other "bad" things, whatever those are."
Internet privacy? Net neutrality? Deregulation?
No?

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
It's sad leftists and conservatives alike live in a state of nearly insane denial and hypocrisy.

"I don't know of anyone pushing for new laws to allow companies to do other "bad" things, whatever those are."
Internet privacy? Net neutrality? Deregulation?
No?

Internet privacy. You want somebody's free service. You sign up and give them access to all sorts of your information. Educate yourself. And these bastions of bad business practice are Google and Apple, not exactly the Koch brothers. LOL These companies pride themselves on how progressive they are.

Net neutrality is a gov't issue, not a bad business practices issue. This was about the US gov't wanting to have more control. Not exactly a bad business practice.

Deregulation? Do you subscribe to the religion that every new regulation is good, and the removal of any present regulation is bad? Deregulation can be wonderful or it can be awful. Kinda depends on what regulation is being gutted. I'd say there are plenty of EPA regs that can go, and many that should stay in place. Just about every education regulation could go and we'd not notice a single thing in the classroom.

POB, you complain of police practices. I'm a libertarian, so we're probably on the same page. But that doesn't have much to do with bad business practices.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Internet privacy. You want somebody's free service. You sign up and give them access to all sorts of your information. Educate yourself. And these bastions of bad business practice are Google and Apple, not exactly the Koch brothers. LOL These companies pride themselves on how progressive they are.

Net neutrality is a gov't issue, not a bad business practices issue. This was about the US gov't wanting to have more control. Not exactly a bad business practice.

Deregulation? Do you subscribe to the religion that every new regulation is good, and the removal of any present regulation is bad? Deregulation can be wonderful or it can be awful. Kinda depends on what regulation is being gutted. I'd say there are plenty of EPA regs that can go, and many that should stay in place. Just about every education regulation could go and we'd not notice a single thing in the classroom.

POB, you complain of police practices. I'm a libertarian, so we're probably on the same page. But that doesn't have much to do with bad business practices.
The piece that irked me about this incident was it was Chicago PD that came on the plane to enforce a United Airlines Policy. And he went way over the top enforcing it.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic