Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Thinking of buying an ultrasound machine

M

metsfan4life

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2014
Yes, just as good, just less expensive. All of them are 1 MHz frequency. The 1 MHz energy is absorbed less rapidly and can therefore be more effective at greater depth, making it useful to treat deeper muscular problems like sciatica. The clinical version may or may not have a 3 MHz frequency too, plus 2 or more heads. The difference is the 3MHz ultrasound is absorbed more rapidly and used to treat superficial injuries. For all intent and purposes the 1 MHz frequency is all you need because the injuries most of us deal with are deep muscular injuries.

thanks for this man! great write up. I may just have to take a better look into this for an ongoing problem Ive had for years that no one has yet to be able to help with, includes several Drs telling me its likely too tight of lig/tendons and would have to be snipped. fauk that.

PS: thank you for the "all intent and purposes"!

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
thanks for this man! great write up. I may just have to take a better look into this for an ongoing problem Ive had for years that no one has yet to be able to help with, includes several Drs telling me its likely too tight of lig/tendons and would have to be snipped. fauk that.

PS: thank you for the "all intent and purposes"!

Thanks! What caused the tightness? Most of the time this is due to injury, disease (arthritis/gout), age or lack of stretching. I know ultrasound is very effective for reducing the inflammation caused by tendinitis and works well to speed up injury. Maybe with a combination of stretching and ultrasound you can solve this.

What the ultrasound does is cause an increase in temperature, which may cause an increase in the extensibility of structures such as ligaments, tendons, scar tissue and fibrous joint capsules. In addition, heating should also help to reduce pain and muscle spasm and promote the healing process. Ultrasound will also stimulate the production of more collagen which is the main protein component in soft tissue such as tendons and ligaments. Because of this, ultrasound may accelerate the the proliferative phase of tissue healing. Ultrasound will improve the extensibility of mature collagen and so can have a positive effect to on fibrous scar tissue which may form after an injury.

Since your issue is with ligaments, the 1 MHz ultrasound will work great. Its simple to use one, put the jell on and then the head of the ultrasound device is moved continuously over the skin for approximately 3-5 mins. Treatments may be repeated 1-2 times daily in more acute injuries and less frequently in chronic cases.

M

metsfan4life

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2014
Thanks! What caused the tightness? Most of the time this is due to injury, disease (arthritis/gout), age or lack of stretching. I know ultrasound is very effective for reducing the inflammation caused by tendinitis and works well to speed up injury. Maybe with a combination of stretching and ultrasound you can solve this.

What the ultrasound does is cause an increase in temperature, which may cause an increase in the extensibility of structures such as ligaments, tendons, scar tissue and fibrous joint capsules. In addition, heating should also help to reduce pain and muscle spasm and promote the healing process. Ultrasound will also stimulate the production of more collagen which is the main protein component in soft tissue such as tendons and ligaments. Because of this, ultrasound may accelerate the the proliferative phase of tissue healing. Ultrasound will improve the extensibility of mature collagen and so can have a positive effect to on fibrous scar tissue which may form after an injury.

Since your issue is with ligaments, the 1 MHz ultrasound will work great. Its simple to use one, put the jell on and then the head of the ultrasound device is moved continuously over the skin for approximately 3-5 mins. Treatments may be repeated 1-2 times daily in more acute injuries and less frequently in chronic cases.

hard to really explain, more like have to see it. but for about 4-5 yrs now, after I am done lifting there is no problem, however about 2hrs later whatever muscle i worked that day continues to fire and essentially locks into place. so on chest day, i can take my towel after i shower and reach behind to dry my back and my chest muscles will tighten and lock into place. same my arms...my biceps lock into place at the inner bend (people like to call it the jerk off muscle) and i cant release my arm but when i do, my tri felxes and locks. only one that doesnt do it is my back. but the worst, and more likely is my quads. i have tried light workouts, heavy workouts, doing new exercises and eliminating certain ones (example: extensions vs squats) to rule out (mind you its been years so had some time trying) and really doesnt matter..its a guessing game as it doesnt do it each time but Id say about 60-70% of the time it will. i stretch to ensure that is not it either. blood work has been checked by Drs and no lows or highs. I have met 1 other person with the exact same situation and they too have yet to find a solid answer. for my leg, the easiest way to explain is if you look at the leg muscles, where the Vastus Medialis connects Rectus Femoris and Sartorius (that little tie in area) it locks at that high point and the entire Vastus Medialis flexes into place and I cant walk, i cant bend my leg back to try and unlock it. I have never had any injuries of such which is the odd ball out of it. Drs assume that the tie ins (all over) for some reason continue to have a delay fire when extended, etc and cause the convulsion of the muscles.

Sorry for being long winded and probably horrible writing structure. Any insight by anyone is great!

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
WOW! The first time I have ever heard of anything like that. Possibly it is a medical issue (hormones of some type) that is causing this. Definitely not injury or lack of flexibility. I would sure keep getting opinions as surgery doesn't sound like a very good option.

M

metsfan4life

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2014
Completely agree on the surgery part...def not worth it. I just avoid pretty much walking too much on leg days after I come home. Sleep in fetal position and try not to stretch out. Had enough blood work, dr visits, scans, etc. At this point, just something gotta live with as seems like same trail being followed.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic