Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Thinking about it...

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
I am considering a local BBing show sometime next year. I have 3 under my belt but that was many moons ago and truthfully I was no show-stopper even back then; just being honest with myself.

I spent some time PLing and really feel at home there but the lure of BBing has crept back in; so much now that I started to diet down a little just to see how I may look. I stay somewhat lean for someone that considers himself a power lifter. Currently about 218 lbs.

Here’s my concern; at age 50 I really don’t want to embarrass myself. The last thing I want to do is be the “Ol’ Dog” sideshow. I have seen pictures of guys that may look ok in street cloths but have no business being on stage.

I’m just kicking this around and there’s probably a good chance that I don’t grab my balls and jump. Yet I would like some insight from the guys and gals that have been in this situation.

Thanks for your time!

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
What POB said. if your gona do all that work, may as well do it to win... Get a coach, who specializes in shows... help with prep and posing. There arnt that many 50 year old BB left that compete so your chances are good for the win if you show up in good condition.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Dont let age be a factor I am 50 plus myself:D
bust yer ass and go for the Gold!!

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
Thanks men. I'm doing a little dieting down now and the fat is not pealing off as quick as I expected. Even up my cardio. Damn weekends are my weakness.

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
50 is the new 40! Go for it!
I don't feel or look 50 y.o. I have always been youthful and I think that slow aging process will help me hold my own in that age group.

Well, the first 10 min out of bed I would say I fell like I'm 90 y.o. but it gets better as the blood starts to flow. lol

Reactions: 5.0
gotclen

gotclen

VIP Member
Oct 20, 2011
TOS,
Can you post a pic of what you looked like the last time you dieted down.?

At 50 you will gain much respect for doing the show. If you have good shape after all these years of training then all is left to do is bring in a conditioned body. Conditioning wins shows. Waaaaaay to many guys in the open class just don't bring that high level of condition.

You will be looking at guys 40 and up. Or maybe your show will have a 40,50 & 60 class.

The bottom line is making the commitment to compete. I would suggest 16 to 20 weeks contest prep/diet. I'm saying that blind as to your look and BF %.

Start a log and begin the process.
All the best.
Gc (a fellow over 50 guy)

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
TOS,
Can you post a pic of what you looked like the last time you dieted down.?

At 50 you will gain much respect for doing the show. If you have good shape after all these years of training then all is left to do is bring in a conditioned body. Conditioning wins shows. Waaaaaay to many guys in the open class just don't bring that high level of condition.

You will be looking at guys 40 and up. Or maybe your show will have a 40,50 & 60 class.

The bottom line is making the commitment to compete. I would suggest 16 to 20 weeks contest prep/diet. I'm saying that blind as to your look and BF %.

Start a log and begin the process.
All the best.
Gc (a fellow over 50 guy)

Here you go GC

Wheels

uAPJvUi.jpg

Back:

http://i.imgur.com/vs49UPW.jpg

Back:

http://i.imgur.com/vs49UPW.jpg

Front

http://i.imgur.com/l0R5boT.jpg