Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Therapy for sore forearm tendons, muscles and elbow joints.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
I have been experiencing sore forearm tendons, muscles and elbow joints. It is as though my forearms are so tight they could burst and the joint with the tendons around it are inflamed and extremely sore to the touch and when I pull something toward my waist with my elbow bent it hurts like hell.

Mine has been coming and going lately. Never had it before this year.

I am getting some massage of the forearms and do some massage of the sore joints, and though those help, it hasn't gone away.

My coach recommended extensor exercises, where you get a rubber band, put it around your fingers, and extend them. I bought a nifty set of special bands from Portholic and started using them this week. It feels great, and the pain seems to be less, and I am guessing this will take a few weeks to correct itself.

Has anyone else had this problem? What did you do to alleviate it?

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
I have been experiencing sore forearm tendons, muscles and elbow joints. It is as though my forearms are so tight they could burst and the joint with the tendons around it are inflamed and extremely sore to the touch and when I pull something toward my waist with my elbow bent it hurts like hell.

I am getting some massage of the forearms and do some massage of the sore joints, and though those help, it hasn't gone away.

My coach recommended extensor exercises, where you get a rubber band, put it around your fingers, and extend them. I bought a nifty set of special bands from Portholic and started using them this week. It feels great, and the pain seems to be less, and I am guessing this will take a few weeks to correct itself.

I get this periodically after trap workouts...Only if I push it tho...Massaging is what I do...It goes away after about 24hrs or so...Never heard of the extensor exercises, sounds worth looking into...

Stickler

Stickler

VIP Member
Oct 28, 2010

My buddy has something very similar. Both forearms are tight 24/7. After a year of misdiagnosis, he found out through an MRI, he has torn rotator cuffs and the tightness goes all way to his hands.

Surgery is his only option. He's LITERALLY spent 1000s on everything else.

Very bizarre

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
My buddy has something very similar. Both forearms are tight 24/7. After a year of misdiagnosis, he found out through an MRI, he has torn rotator cuffs and the tightness goes all way to his hands.

Surgery is his only option. He's LITERALLY spent 1000s on everything else.

Very bizarre
That's nuts. Mine turned out to be very easy to fix. I bought some finger exercisers where you insert your fingers and expand them outward to open your hand. My coach says you exercise the extensors in your forearm with those. I do about 50 per set per arm for a couple sets when they are bothering me and the pain has gone away completely.

D

Dirk Diggler

VIP Member
May 22, 2013
I am all too familiar with tendonitis :( I've done P.T. for years off and on and it always seems to come back and bother me. sucks because I have lost so much muscle mass due to no pull ups or back/bicep exercises on a regular basis. I have to work around this chronic condition. To add to my plethra of injuries, bilateral knee replacements, both rotator cuff injuries, getting old just sucks ass!!!

My friend is a Zhealth instructor and there are many good P.T. exercises and stretches on youtube. Here is one that really helps. The key is to do the exercises every day!

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
I am going to give those a try thanks for posting

Stickler

Stickler

VIP Member
Oct 28, 2010
I am all too familiar with tendonitis :( I've done P.T. for years off and on and it always seems to come back and bother me. sucks because I have lost so much muscle mass due to no pull ups or back/bicep exercises on a regular basis. I have to work around this chronic condition. To add to my plethra of injuries, bilateral knee replacements, both rotator cuff injuries, getting old just sucks ass!!!

My friend is a Zhealth instructor and there are many good P.T. exercises and stretches on youtube. Here is one that really helps. The key is to do the exercises every day!
Saved this for later! I'm starting to feel shit on both arms, but I wonder if it has something ultimately to do w/ my rotator cuffs? My shoulders have always been the strongest genetic side of my body, but probably the most abused.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic