Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

The XFL is coming in February 2020

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Vince McMan and the XFL are ready to go in 2020. The teams are already practicing for the 1st ever game on February 8th. We just bought 40 yardline tickets for the Houston - LA game here in Houston at the new U of H stadium. Tickets right now at from $26 - $90 depending on where you sit. We got damn good tickets. My wife and I are exited to be a part of this. I have not watched a football game since I retired from coaching 3 years ago. Houston now has 2 professional football teams. Can even remember the last time I actually sat in the stands and watched a game.

Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
Nick's Strength n' Power mentioned this. WBBF was his progeny, wasn't it? the competitor to the IFBB

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Let's see if it lasts this time. Don't recall why it imploded last time.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Let's see if it lasts this time. Don't recall why it imploded last time.

Media was against them and the games were poor quality. I don't think the time was right either. I refuse to watch the NFL so this hopefully will be a good option. We will see.

Yes, the WBBF was a flop. I believe because they had all the BB'ers on the Anabolic DIet under Maruo Di Pasquale.

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
I think Pat Mcaffee will be doing some broadcasting. that's a huge win, dude is funny.

Jin

Jin

MuscleHead
Jun 15, 2018
Media was against them and the games were poor quality. I don't think the time was right either. I refuse to watch the NFL so this hopefully will be a good option. We will see.

Yes, the WBBF was a flop. I believe because they had all the BB'ers on the Anabolic DIet under Maruo Di Pasquale.

Why do you refuse to watch the NFL?

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
Guys were dropping like flies last time because of their "we are more hard core then the NFL" rules. And the games were subpar.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Why do you refuse to watch the NFL?

Sick of the showboating/dances/taunting ( the look at me attitudes), sick of he political statements made by players and the NFL. Sick of all the rule changes protecting the quarterback causing the whole game to suffer. I was a football coach for 25 years of my life and have not watched the NFL now for the 4th year. It has become a collection of over paid crybabies. College and high school sports are much better.

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
Sick of the showboating/dances/taunting ( the look at me attitudes), sick of he political statements made by players and the NFL. Sick of all the rule changes protecting the quarterback causing the whole game to suffer. I was a football coach for 25 years of my life and have not watched the NFL now for the 4th year. It has become a collection of over paid crybabies. College and high school sports are much better.

College and High School football both have similar rules when it comes to protecting the QB and defenseless players.

I'm also very involved in football (PM if you want more info. Would love to pick your brain with your experience actually), and have been my whole life. Yes there's been a lot of changes to rules since we played. But a lot of that is good imo. Guys get bigger and stronger and faster every year.

I also hate the way NFL games are officiated. They need to make serious changes. But I still watch. Watching bad football on Sunday's is a lot better then not watching football at all. The NFL has never been a league full of pillars of the community. It's just different now because of 27/7 social media, etc.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
College and High School football both have similar rules when it comes to protecting the QB and defenseless players.

I'm also very involved in football (PM if you want more info. Would love to pick your brain with your experience actually), and have been my whole life. Yes there's been a lot of changes to rules since we played. But a lot of that is good imo. Guys get bigger and stronger and faster every year.

I also hate the way NFL games are officiated. They need to make serious changes. But I still watch. Watching bad football on Sunday's is a lot better then not watching football at all. The NFL has never been a league full of pillars of the community. It's just different now because of 27/7 social media, etc.

The NFL is way too much with enforcing rules. Let the guys play football. We also don't have the cry babies like the NFL has. Nor do we allow all of this silly end zone dancing and celebrating. We have a penalty for silly look at me stuff like this. I would have been fired on the spot here in Houston had I allowed a kid to take a knee during the National Anthem too. We even still have a team prayer in the locker room before the game. But the kneeling is what did it for me. I served in the military along with everyone on both sides of my family so that kind of behavior is a no go for me. The NFL could have stopped that but they chose not to. But that goes back to this attitude many have in the NFL that they are bigger than the sport or the team. Not the concept we teach. I think the NFL needs to pull their heads out of their asses and get back to playing football, entertaining and not allow any more political statement during game time. I know Vince McMan will not stand for that kind of disrespect.

We have kids that play because the love the sport. When I played HS football, very few guys were over 200lbs. Now almost ever O-lineman is around 300lbs. Its not unusual to see skill kids running 4.3 to 4.2 40's. Amazing to see that kind of talent at such a young age.

I have no problem with the off field behavior in the NFL. These people are not role models they are athletes and most come from some pretty bad situations. The public puts them on pedestals. I have had to go get so many kids out of jail just so they could be at practice. We are the only hope of keeping most of them out of prison.

Anyway, I coached O-line most of my career, coached a few years of D-line and some linebacker. I coached D-I AA for a period of time and then moved to high school where the pay was better. I spent the majority of my coaching years here in the Houston area. I was also usually the team off-season strength coach. I have run old school offense and defenses and the spread stuff. Most here do noting but spread offense with zone blocking. Defenses are usually a 4-3 but I have run some 4-2 and 3-5.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic