Members
Latest Member
Ethan7400

The Week before The Meet

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
So, I'm sitting here a week out from my next meet, and I got that feeling again. The only way I can describe how I feel is like when you're a kid on Christmas Eve during the day waiting for the good stuff to start that night. It's like the whole work week is like a Friday school day in High School when you had a football game that night. Time seems to stand still. Minutes seem like hours.

The heavy lifting has been done. Openers are set. You've made all kinds of sacrifices - family, friends, etc, to concentrate on your peak. Training, eating, and recovery/mob/feeder sessions could be a full time job, and 99% of us already have a real full time job; some of us have families. Also, if you're bird boned like me, you've racked up some nagging injuries along the way. I'm typing this from my office with a e-stim tens unit hooked up to my right hip and left tricep. If someone walks in here, there is just no way that they won't believe that I'm not flogging the dolphin.

On the agenda for the week is lots of mob work daily, a deep tissue massage on Tuesday, some real light groove work on Wed, a trip to the Chiro at some point, and an easy 8lb weight cut later in the week. I spend most of my time at work trying, and failing, to keep busy to pass time, but instead I'm staring off into space visualizing my lifts. I see myself doing everything from chalking my hands and torking up, to getting commands and focusing on my cues for each lift. I can't tell you how many times a day this week I will stick my hands out and flare my lats thinking about benching, or how many valsalva's I do.

The competitive fire is burning big time in my gut. I'm so fired up to get back on the Platform. I want to set some PR's and all that good stuff, but I also want to win. Whether it's reasonable or not. Yes, it's all about doing it for yourself, setting PR's, and all that jazz, but I'm also competitive almost to a fault. I want to win on game day. I want to hit all my lifts and let the chips fall where they may. There's nothing wrong with wanting and striving to win.

What does everyone else do, training wise and just keeping your head screwed on straight, on the week leading up to the meet?

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
I was sitting here thinking about my contest and this post came up.

This is a meditation by a champion.

It should be published.

You have prepared. You have the best coach. You have support. You are strong. You are ready.

Christmas as a child is exactly the same way I have described my experience. It is one of the most exciting things. You know you are alive.

I'm at 7 weeks. I pray and do what I'm told. I give everything 100%. I give thanks for everything I have and everyone. They have all brought me to this point.

I am with you brother. I will be with you in spirit.

You are a champion!

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
This meet is gonna be awesome so long as you can channel this into the bar. I can't ****ing wait to see this go down

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Haha, I feel like that now and I still have 4+months! Smash it up DYS!

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
The last two times I competed that's how I felt.

Couldnt wait till Saturday.

Im excited for you man, I know you'll do great!

I hope you keep us updated. I would really like to hear a write up of your weight cut and what all you do! The process, what you eat and drink afterwards, what you eat and drink before, during and after the meet. You know, the good stuff!

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
Save the deep tissue and chiro for after the meet....... you want to be as tight as possible - only enough flexibility to properly perform the lifts.

Bro Bundy

Bro Bundy

MuscleHead
Nov 1, 2012
remember what mick said to rocky....no sex women weaken the legs

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
I might be able to go.....you still need a fluffer?

Bro Bundy

Bro Bundy

MuscleHead
Nov 1, 2012
if u guys need a extra fluffer just let me know..Anything for my for my tid brothers

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic