Members
Latest Member
Imsprod1
What's New?

The unfortunate state of Dennis Wolf

Dnsvideo

Dnsvideo

Sep 21, 2010
Dennis Wolf will go down as a perennial top 6 bodybuilder of his time. He's not quite good enough to win the Olympia but top six and a arnold classic champion, he is not a hall of fame bodybuilder. He is better then ruhl, behind nasser, an behind gunter only because gunter somehow beat ronnie when no one else could.

I would put dennis wolf, toney freeman, Dennis james, gunter, ruhl, (*chris cormier) who is probably the best in this group, Melvin anthony,Darren Charles, Paul Dillet all in the same class.

Here is the big back breaker for wolf....

Wolf in his career now, is where jay cutler was in 2010, same place where Victor was in 2014, same place where ronnie was in 2006...he has competed for many many years as a top 6 competitor, competed in 9 straight mr.O 's and almost as many arnold's.

His body is and has been breaking down and with each show its getting worse and worse remember ronnie's tricep and lat atrophy at the 2006 mr.O, jay's lower back and leg atrophy at the 2010 mr.O, or Victor dimishing legs although he still may need alittle time to get them fuller cause he was locked up for long time but they'll never be how they were.

He may be able to win another arnold if the top guys don't compete but that's. He is what he is. Before wolf's only flaw was his back and calves and too flat or too full conditioning, now although he is more consistent on hid conditioning it's a little too late. His back has slightly improved but when he's flat it looks bad, his calves are still weak, add this to his atrophied arms and you got real problems.

He is not dorian where he can win big show lookin injured with obvious atrophy going on, his best days are behind him even if he does sneak another arnold win it will only be because kai, phil, the best of best chose not to compete.

Wolf is a hard worker, a people's champion, and should be proud of his accomplishment but......he will never win the mr.Olympia...ever.

It took him to long to nail his conditioning, now if this were 2010-2011 he would have a chance pre atrophy pre injury but not now.

C

CenturionH

Oct 15, 2010
Wolf's biggest enemy is his frame size. If he was a more compact bber he would have time on his side but every year is going to be a battle to keep his arms looking full enough. I agree he has accomplished so much but his best years are over as of this Olympia, the lack of an improvment to his physique shows he's fighting to stand still.

I almost wish he would back slightly off the extreme conditioning and get his epic shoulder mass up again. His most muscular this year was not what it once was.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I really like Wolf's physique, and he seems like a genuinely nice guy. I think he's done a nice job with his conditioning, but whether it's just a genetics thing or nerve damage, you shouldn't be able to win the Olympia with no calves. It may not be fair, but it's no less fair than judging guys down who've got extremely high lat insertions, or judging guys down who don't have the narrow bone structure. I don't think he'll ever win unless several of the top guys totally screw up, and I don't see that happening.

W1LL

W1LL

Oct 5, 2010
Wolf is the best German bodybuilder IMO:

1- Wolf
2- Dennis James
3- Rhul
4- Gunter

C

Cabo Jo

Thick n Wide VIP
Jun 26, 2011
All the drugs,diet,weights,take a heavy toll.You can't stay young forever.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
notsureifserious.

Yates is British.

I wasnt sure, that's why I asked. Could've swore he was though. Dorian Andrew MIENTJEZ Yates... Mientjez threw me off I guess.

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
I thought wolf looked best so far at 2014 O... He has made improvements .. Calves seem to have grown a little .. I wouldn't go so far as to say he's getting worse and worse tho

ajdonutz

ajdonutz

VIP Member
May 23, 2012
I thought wolf looked best so far at 2014 O... He has made improvements .. Calves seem to have grown a little .. I wouldn't go so far as to say he's getting worse and worse tho
I agree. I think wolf has gotten better the past few years (aside from this mr O.) He only started consistently nailing conditioning a few years ago, last year he looked awesome. This year still wasn't by any means bad. I do agree that he will never be a first place mr o, but will place high as long as he competes. Definitely 100 times better than branch and branch still somehow places high lol.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I really like the guy, but he's beginning to lose some fullness in his arms, IMO.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic