Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

The Status Disease

milleniumgirl

milleniumgirl

Sep 12, 2010
A great post by ajdos!

There was a time on the forums (long before I joined the boards) that status meant something.
It was a sign that the person who held status was a long time experienced board vet, not just on posting and board protocols, but with the knowledge and experience on a myriad of strength athlete, bbing, nutrition, drugs, exercise, etc, etc..
It was not taken lightly...no post whoring your way to ranks- the posts you posted up HAD to be quality and informative...not a fucking smiley face or a welcome to ####bbing!! post.
But a in depth insightful response or thread.
It was EARNED...and the other vets generally had to agree that such a person was status worthy and would be seen as a good ACTIVE asset to their forum.
Now its a watered down whos whos good ol boys club. It has permutated, which is natural as so have the forums.
But I have noticed many things that have become a problem concerning ranks and such. It is practically handed out sometimes, new boards open up and instead of having a good core group of mods and admins - its just the owners friends- experience and knowledge not being a pre-requisite. In most cases like this the actual members of the board have more experience and knowledge than the owners...this was bound to happen but the problem that seems to emerge from this is that these people think their shit doesnt stink because they have a colorful name tag??
Who are the members to look to when they have serious questions regarding training, AAS, suplements, security, and such?
It is sad to say, but it has become a very common place occurance on the forums.
The other problems that arise is these peoples lack of experience and knowledge makes them very prone to posting sometimes dangerous misinformation in regards to training, aas, use and board security.
They usually sit and spam their own board with dozens of off topic posts per day and skate delicately around the subjects that their own forums title speaks of...bodybuiling.
These people often times then become staff on other boards based off status from one board in their sig, and another then another. Before you know it these folks have 10 board staff positons and people are calling them community leaders?? Really?? Its just sad...its no wonder the community is in the state its in.
The worst part is some of these peoples attitude- the higher they climb the ladder the more disrespectful and demeaning they become to the other staff and members of the boards they staff.
You can almost watch as they are the most repsectfull and quiet members in the begining to the end point of a down right brash, arrogant tyrant in some cases.
I think that the thing that happens to some people is they let status define who they are on the boards...we are ALL members- status should just be a show of experience and responsibility.
Truly ask any staff member of a board what do they think their status means- you will get a plethora of responses but the one resounding word that should come up with each one is its a job.
So next time you are given a promotion- take it in stride- accept it- but remember it doesnt change who you are and it is not some free pass to feel above the other members who do not have said status...it is acknowledgement of experience and work ethic....keep it in perspective.
And those of you whom hold status ask yourself- who would you be if all the ranks were taken away right this minute- would you still be the same person on the boards??
Its a rank nothing more nothing less, doesnt make you above or below anyone- just noticed.
And if its not earned its meaningless.
Take it in stride, post up your knowledge and keep being a positive influence on the boards you frequent.

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
That's exactly why this board is awesome. Admin sought out quality Mods and Veteran members to build up the site. As Mods we vote on almost every member as far as their status is concerned. If they don't know anything, they're not a vet. I give props to Aadmin for putting together a great site with quality members. We're not afraid to tell it like it is and ban people for not following the rules. We're not going to ban a vet because we on't like them, like some other boards do. I"ll certainly ban people if they're out of line. But, that needs to be a last resort.

Offer up your knowledge and see what you get in return.

pux888

pux888

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2010
Nice post AJ, the truth hurts that for sure. Thanks for putting it here MG. Problem is that as long as this is the "cool thing to do" its difficult to work with the situation. You need active members to keep a board alive but its also difficult for experienced members to answer the same bullshit question a thousand times. Thats part of the reason I left the boards a few years ago, its like once you have read the same BS over and over theres nothing left to learn. I appreciate all you guys that keep these boards going and especially the ones that stay true to lifting.

cyto33

cyto33

MuscleHead
Sep 15, 2010
i think that is a rather great post and is true to what is happening all around us.
i'm not new to this but i'm not old either. i've been around the block and have work hard to make sure the advice i have given out is correct and no one will be hurt.
i get so pissed when i see assholes talk out of their ass when handing out advice. if i dont know it or have a clue i keep my mouth shut.
and the boys at the top well some of them dont know shit about anything.
i see boards asking for donations all the time now. what a great way to get your money into there pockets. not only do some boards want to charge an arm and a leg to have you as a sponcer they get greedy and ask for a better cut and more donations.
ah hell i'm going to shut up.
all i know is if i'm incorrect about something i hope to be corrected. so i learn more. i dont know it all and never will. sure as hell going to try.
what i do know i will share and correct others if they need it.
CYTO33

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
Its funny I wrote this about 2yrs ago, unfortunately it seems to have gotten even worse since...this post was popular on most the forums I posted it on...apparently one forum recently took exception to it...GEE wonder why.
It doesnt matter if you like, trust or hate me that post is as true as it comes, people who seem to disagree with it are the ones who think this shit is some kinda game and know nothing about bodybuilding and its related sports.
They come onto the boards for some kinda popularity contest...Im nothing special, Im a broke as fucker who likes to lift and get bigger...plain and simple...the people this post refers to dont even lift weights, most of them HATE lifting and working out.
They come just for....well you know...total BS'ers who dont live the lifestyle, big, medium or small if you bust ass in the gym and want to learn and share your experiences then you are one of us, if you are some dooshbag who thinks the forums are for bumping your ego because your life is pathetic than you have the 'disease'.
Status means nothing, people know who has experience and good knowledge, and people know who the shallow status whores are.

Demigod

Demigod

VIP Member
Sep 24, 2010
Good post...any idiot can start a board and call himself admin. Like ajdos said it doesn't take long to figure out whose full of shit......

hugerobb

hugerobb

VIP Strength Advisor
Sep 15, 2010
I agree with everyone for me personally Im not here to get any kind of status Im just here reading and posting my thoughts and opinion and like assholes everyone has one. I live to lift and eat thats my life dont want any kind of reward didnt get into this 30 yrs ago to get status just to get huge and scary and that my friend I ve done.

Ms.Wetback

Ms.Wetback

VIP Lady Member
Sep 27, 2010
AJ comes through with some good posts for certain !!

I think a lot of this disease has been eradicated seeing how the community is very tight since ORD.

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
Its funny that this post was deleted yesterday on IL...apparently "the members didnt agree with AJ's philosophies".
I guess my "philosophies" are just horseshit dead wrong...sorry to attempt to mislead everyone LMFAO!

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
i never got to read this post...great shit here aj..actually read it two times...it really hits this situation righton target....To bad we cant go back in time and just maybe could have made some changes before all this new age trash can shit hit the boards....You know really staus doesnt mean shit now of days...but i know when i look around i see the ture vets and i see those that need awile more to grow before they hold higher rank but yet they are given higher staus...W

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
we got abunch of fake fucks too...People that are mods and they dont even look like they picked up a weight there whole dam life...or better yet can even bench a simple 300 lbs ....U know they have many of them but yet they run boards only to get free gaer and scam new comers..i know those dirty fuckers....they couldnt even walk in my shoes..they could even make the first set with me because the shit would be to heavy for them....i guess they can bench the bar to get threw it...Before i give anyone a vet staus in my eyes they need to prove themselfs for years before i label them vets....other wise they are still babies in my eyes....U keep them good post coming big man..i love the way you put reality in paln view...and if people dont like it.well then...thats the baby crying out....dw

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
we got abunch of fake fucks too...People that are mods and they dont even look like they picked up a weight there whole dam life...or better yet can even bench a simple 300 lbs ....U know they have many of them but yet they run boards only to get free gaer and scam new comers..i know those dirty fuckers....they couldnt even walk in my shoes..they could even make the first set with me because the shit would be to heavy for them....i guess they can bench the bar to get threw it...Before i give anyone a vet staus in my eyes they need to prove themselfs for years before i label them vets....other wise they are still babies in my eyes....U keep them good post coming big man..i love the way you put reality in paln view...and if people dont like it.well then...thats the baby crying out....dw

Exactly as I said before DW, these people are not in the game to pursue a better physique and or learn or share their experiences.
I dont care if you are 155 or 255 if you have your heart and passion in this game you are closer to being a vet than most of these scarecrow mods and vets...easy to buy a forum and annoint yourself some pompous position of power, IT DOESNT MAKE YOU SHIT.
Being a bodybuilder is a lifestyle not some bullshit you front on a forum about, there was some monkey shit who fooled a bunch of people on growxxl and IL that he was a black national level bber, he was a vet on IL, and in fact he was a skinny white kid from Baltimore who scammed the shit outta 3-4 people.
He was given status...why? No one knows..he just had it, no one checked him out, he ovbviously came out of no where but some how was handed status only to take advantage of people.
This is but one example of these pseudo peices of shit, like gymbagg which was allowing Dan Cote to be there as a source knowingly, they let him sell and end up owing another source 12k...again these fucks bought a forum, gave themselves kingship and allowed people like gator and harley to be mods on their forum, 2 of the forums biggest fuckstick phonies.
TID has a good group of vets and mods from around the community, its just the opposite of what we are observing around the communities periphery.
But as long as we ignore the problem and allow its continued abuse to roll we are all responsible for the outcomes...it may be easier to not rock the boat but this community needs a fucking enema in a major way.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic