Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

The Status Disease

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
Exactly as I said before DW, these people are not in the game to pursue a better physique and or learn or share their experiences.
I dont care if you are 155 or 255 if you have your heart and passion in this game you are closer to being a vet than most of these scarecrow mods and vets...easy to buy a forum and annoint yourself some pompous position of power, IT DOESNT MAKE YOU SHIT.
Being a bodybuilder is a lifestyle not some bullshit you front on a forum about, there was some monkey shit who fooled a bunch of people on growxxl and IL that he was a black national level bber, he was a vet on IL, and in fact he was a skinny white kid from Baltimore who scammed the shit outta 3-4 people.
He was given status...why? No one knows..he just had it, no one checked him out, he ovbviously came out of no where but some how was handed status only to take advantage of people.
This is but one example of these pseudo peices of shit, like gymbagg which was allowing Dan Cote to be there as a source knowingly, they let him sell and end up owing another source 12k...again these fucks bought a forum, gave themselves kingship and allowed people like gator and harley to be mods on their forum, 2 of the forums biggest fuckstick phonies.
TID has a good group of vets and mods from around the community, its just the opposite of what we are observing around the communities periphery.
But as long as we ignore the problem and allow its continued abuse to roll we are all responsible for the outcomes...it may be easier to not rock the boat but this community needs a fucking enema in a major way.

well thats what life is all about brotha...building muscle on top of muscle....It really takes a certain breed to be extrem with this sport....i can tell those that are casual and those that are hardcore...Then u have those that just want enough to look good and leave it that...and of course u have the fake fucks runing around the commuinty like they been banging the barbell forever...posting rerun threads or copy catting something they read out some shitty muscle mag....no real life action..no real life experiance .....but u know what aj...let the mother fuckers live a fake life....If that makes them feel good then by all means be fake....But in the real world people view them as just another avg joe blow and that they can'nt hide.....They surely wont get no bumps from me...infact i like to wipe there ass...or better yet break there bones just for being fake....Let me add something my friend ..THEY WILL DIE OFF BEFORE WE WILL.....Only the ture live on....dw

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
well thats what life is all about brotha...building muscle on top of muscle....It really takes a certain breed to be extrem with this sport....i can tell those that are casual and those that are hardcore...Then u have those that just want enough to look good and leave it that...and of course u have the fake fucks runing around the commuinty like they been banging the barbell forever...posting rerun threads or copy catting something they read out some shitty muscle mag....no real life action..no real life experiance .....but u know what aj...let the mother fuckers live a fake life....If that makes them feel good then by all means be fake....But in the real world people view them as just another avg joe blow and that they can'nt hide.....They surely wont get no bumps from me...infact i like to wipe there ass...or better yet break there bones just for being fake....Let me add something my friend ..THEY WILL DIE OFF BEFORE WE WILL.....Only the ture live on....dw

Ya, those guys never last on forums anyways....and if they do, they're life is obviously a miserable situation. Because I could not imagine not being serious about weightlifting and body composition and being on a forum like this all day. What could you possibly do? These are the type of punks that talk shit and then realize the person they are talkin shit to is a guy like me (6'2", 260lbs) or guys like DW or AJ who are much bigger than me. I laugh sometimes when I think about what the confrontations would be like in real life rather than over a computer. Haha, wouldn't that be interesting!

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
Ya, those guys never last on forums anyways....and if they do, they're life is obviously a miserable situation. Because I could not imagine not being serious about weightlifting and body composition and being on a forum like this all day. What could you possibly do? These are the type of punks that talk shit and then realize the person they are talkin shit to is a guy like me (6'2", 260lbs) or guys like DW or AJ who are much bigger than me. I laugh sometimes when I think about what the confrontations would be like in real life rather than over a computer. Haha, wouldn't that be interesting!
Sure bout that? Morris, musuldouche, and STFU have enjoyed rather long tenures......fags

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
Sure bout that? Morris, musuldouche, and STFU have enjoyed rather long tenures......fags

Musuldouche and Morris have been banned for life....STFU was banned for a short period of time. He's too stupid to live much longer anyways. Told the kid (as a joke) to inject HCG straight into his nutsack cuz it works better that way. He cried to me in a PM a week later that he could barely walk and felt sick all the time after doing it. I didn't even respond....was laughing too hard to type.

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
Musuldouche and Morris have been banned for life....STFU was banned for a short period of time. He's too stupid to live much longer anyways. Told the kid (as a joke) to inject HCG straight into his nutsack cuz it works better that way. He cried to me in a PM a week later that he could barely walk and felt sick all the time after doing it. I didn't even respond....was laughing too hard to type.
Ahhhh yes. I do enjoy first hand accounts of his abscess issues tho. Nothing like a resounding, "Told ya so."

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
This thread still holds true, if anything this post is EVEN more fucking true...now its buy a board and your king shit, it entitles you to rob, steal and fuck people over in general to make a dime for yourself.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
I'll probably take some flack for this, but I'm not exactly king of holding my tongue, so here it is. AJ, I couldn't agree more with your original post. COULD. NOT. AGREE. MORE. I know that may come off weird seeing as I'm still a relative newbie to this community and to this lifestyle in general, but I've said it before and still stand by it that I am undeserving of veteran status (NOTE: I mean no disrespect to Admin and the mods that voted me to this position.) There isn't a set day that you become a veteran of your sport, or of your hobby, or of your job, but it sure as hell shouldn't be based off of how many times you've talked about how it, or how many times you've sucked up to a TRUE veteran, or how much time you've spent online researching when you could have actually been DOING it. I've seen guys get pissed off because they think they deserve a promotion, or think their buddy deserves a promotion. I've seen guys ask how to get promoted and were told to "keep posting". Post count doesn't have anything to do with knowledge, experience, dedication, blood/sweat/tears/years poured into the game. No, the post count is just that, a count of how many times you've posted, whether that be 2000 posts of petty bullshit one-liners, or 10 wise, truthful, helpful posts that will be read again and again and will continue to give. Which post count is better? That's easy for a rational man to decide. But which post count will get you status? Irrationally, the 2000 posts will bump you up on most forums at least 2 status levels above the 10 post guy, assuming all else is equal (time registered, relatively unknown in the community). I'm a busy guy with a lot on my plate as I'm sure most of us are, so I have time to stay moderately active on only one forum, and I'm glad, shit I'm ecstatic for that one forum to be TID, but I think even here, too much emphasis is placed on status. Not so much by Admin or the mods, but definitely by a lot of members. And for what? Who gives a shit? Even if my status said Uber Noober, would that make the things I learn here less valuable? Would it change the usefulness of the knowledge contained on this site? Unfortunately, and this is because so many people place so much stock in status levels, it WOULD cheapen any advice I gave or knowledge I shared, at least in the beginning. But in the long run, if I were here for the right reasons, the TRUE veterans would be able to see that and the inside of the book would overshadow the cover.

All in all, I think those that stick around long enough to get a good sense of the others that stick around, will be able to pick out the TRUE veterans from the post count veterans. Not to say that I can't learn from a guy with even less experience/knowledge/intelligence than me, but I damn sure don't automatically assume anything based off of status or post count or thanks or any other "cover material".

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
Ive just had enough of the fronting, people so concerned with having some fucking badge that says "Im important" well fuck that dumb kiddie shit.
I dont need that, if admin dropped me too member I would still post up and keep rolling along without one hitch in my step.
I have lost more status than most people will ever have, and at the end of the day it didnt make one damned difference.

The people who are so overly concerned with having it, are the same dooshbags who shouldnt have it.
You can always see how they 'wear' their status so proudly, they join up on forums and in their intro post put...IM a amdin here, a mod there, and a senior platinum post whore over on this place.
But when you actually listen to these people or read what litte trash they post, you quickly realize they have no knowledge pertaining to training and progressing ones physique.
The boards are not a popularity contest, they are a 'learning forum' and archive of knowledge from people who have made the mistakes and learned before you, so that you can more easily obtain your goals.
Status for the sake of being popular or in the in group is just fucking childish.

The new game now is to buy a forum, now you can make yourself the king, and at the end of the day these very same people who know absolutely dick nothing are supposed to be the leaders of a forum full of thousands of members?
Its an epedemic now, people fucking crying about their status or lack thereof.
Grow fuckin up.
Even better is the idiots who have it, and covet it, acting like they must know it all now, and clearly they dont know fucking shit...posers, just pure fronting ass bitches.

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
aj, i hope this thread didnt get bumped back up because of the shout earlier (lat last night for most). I am completly content with just being a member here and i show up every day trying to sponge up as much knowledge from guys like you as i can. That whole conversation in the shout wasnt even started my me. Someone asked me when i was going to be promoted. Like I said, status doesnt mean anything to me either as i dont even know what the promotion would privie me to. You cant miss/want what youve never had/known about. I may come across as a post whore sometimes but i assure i comment mostly on alot of these topics out of curriosity. and for all the off topic comments and intros, Im just bored and i know i felt welcomed when my intro thread was full of responses so i try to do the same. I understand your stance on the status problems across many boards, and back when i used to be active on several other boards 5+ years ago, it used to piss me off then too. Like I always say, there is a reason TID is my only board these days.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011

LMAO.... now that is some rich stuff!

Re the subject, status disease effects every aspect of life. I've had many titles in my professional career, but I've never felt better or more important than anyone who worked for me. On the other hand, I've seen many who are insecure in their authority feel the need to lord over people and remind them of their title or status at every turn. I had a boss once who was just promoted and he took it upon himself to randomly announce his own promotion to others in a unrelated meeting. No one ever respected him and he couldn't even see it. A title won't get you respect. I would say that people are people, whether on the forums, the corporate world, or a tribe in Africa.

Last edited:
mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
aj, i hope this thread didnt get bumped back up because of the shout earlier (lat last night for most). I am completly content with just being a member here and i show up every day trying to sponge up as much knowledge from guys like you as i can. That whole conversation in the shout wasnt even started my me. Someone asked me when i was going to be promoted. Like I said, status doesnt mean anything to me either as i dont even know what the promotion would privie me to. You cant miss/want what youve never had/known about. I may come across as a post whore sometimes but i assure i comment mostly on alot of these topics out of curriosity. and for all the off topic comments and intros, Im just bored and i know i felt welcomed when my intro thread was full of responses so i try to do the same. I understand your stance on the status problems across many boards, and back when i used to be active on several other boards 5+ years ago, it used to piss me off then too. Like I always say, there is a reason TID is my only board these days.

Ogre AJ isnt talking about you per say I think he's speaking in general. For many of us who have been around a long time the evolution and hence changes of the community bodybuilding boards have been evident. Its inevitable as ten years ago we had 3 or 4 boards and we all knew each other however as the internet grows so do the communities and members. Things are diluted no doubt however it is the new world and we cannot go back, we must press forward and develop and refine our own board and community to be the best it can be.

SAD, you are a deserving vet in my opinion, in some peoples opinion a VIP. Each of us defines our own version of status and I think in light of this the TID mod team has a need to get together and characterize each member status requirement by our definition and post it for all to see.

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010

No, ogre nothing to do with anything you said or did, this has been going on far too long on the forums and Im sick of it, fucking pretenders...Im no old timer but I can remember when people like this would have been called out for just being post whores and not really having shit to say that was in depth or helpful, just fill.
Like Gator McLusky for example, posting up a thread every Friday (whats your plans for the weekend) and then every following Monday (what did you do this weekend) or (How did your favorite NFL team do this Sun) I mean topics like that are fine, I have no problem with them in of themselves, but when an individual posts nothing but shit like that and has nothing to add to the subject matter of lifting, dieting, etc...then they are just as much a noob and a beginner as anyone else. They sure as fuck arent a mod. Not too mention when you pressed them it was obvious very quickly that they were only regurgitating and parroting info they picked up from more knowledgeable and experienced members and fronting on it as there own.

LMAO.... now that is some rich stuff!

Re the subject, status disease effects every aspect of life. I've had many titles in my professional career, but I've never felt better or more important than anyone who worked for me. On the other hand, I've seen many who are insecure in their authority feel the need to lord over people and remind them of their title or status at every turn. I had a boss once who was just promoted and he took it upon himself to randomly announce his own promotion to others in a unrelated meeting. No one ever respected him and he couldn't even see it. A title won't get you respect. I would say that people are people, whether on the forums, the corporate world, or a tribe in Africa.
Man you hit the nail on the head, insecure people who just have to let the world know they have this and they are the shit.
Reminds me of my last boss, always bragging how good a sales person he was.
Guy sucked, he would only brag when he got lucky and had a good sale, and even then most of those good sales were people who walked in the door ready to stock up anyways, they would have bought the shit even if he never had said a word to them.
If you are as good as you say in that respect you dont have to announce it.
Well said II.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic