Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

The Science of Testosterone Enanthate (and other esters) Made Easy

mycustomprotein

mycustomprotein

Dec 7, 2015
I wrote this and it was posted in the steroid profiles section of this website, it has good information regarding the testosterone esters, and I wanted to post here as well to make sure everyone who wants to read has a chance to see it.

Testosterone is a natural androgenic hormone responsible for masculine features and a necessary component in a male endocrine system. In 1935, scientists were able to isolate testosterone so it could be made synthetically. This allowed us to administer an exogenous supply for low testosterone patients and eventually to enhance our physical form quite substantially. Endogenous (naturally produced) testosterone is equivalent to testosterone suspension, or TNE (testosterone no ester). The active half-life for testosterone with no ester is one day, and needs to be injected at least once daily possibly even twice daily to maintain a consistent blood testosterone level. This becomes figuratively and quite literally a pain in the ass to comply with so many injections on a daily basis. Therefore, a modification to the testosterone molecule was made so it could be injected and slowly raise blood testosterone levels so less frequent injections were required to a more manageable one inject every one or two weeks instead of injecting once or twice a day. In the 1950’s, the larger ester in Enanthate would be attached to the testosterone molecule. Testosterone Enanthate would become the dominating form on the medical field and Testosterone Cypionate would follow a few years later. The difference between Testosterone Enanthate and Testosterone Cypionate is negligible.

The Testosterone molecule is pictured below:

Coupled with the enanthate ester pictured below:

Becomes the Testosterone Enanthate molecule below:

Testosterone Enanthate is the testosterone molecule with an eight carbon chain called an ester, attached to it. This ester makes the compound less soluble in water and your body now has to break this ester down with enzymes called esterases before it can get to the pure usable testosterone molecule. This accounts for the active half-life of about 15 days, and a slow rise of blood testosterone levels to peak at about 30 days.

To put this into perspective with another known testosterone ester, testosterone propionate is the same testosterone molecule with the propionate ester, a three carbon chain, attached. Your body only has to break down (with the enzymes called esterases) a three carbon chain, hence, the shorter active half-life of test prop and the shorter time for blood testosterone levels to peak. Longer esters take longer to break down and therefore have longer half-lives. Shorter esters break down more quickly to the active testosterone molecule and therefore have shorter half-lives.

An important concept to understand and myth to debunk about Testosterone Enanthate and other long esters, is that all of the mg/ml of Testosterone Enanthate is not all the active ingredient testosterone. The Enanthate ester has a longer carbon chain and therefore has a higher molecular weight than that of shorter esters. So in 250mg/ml of Testosterone Enanthate, some of that 250mg is the heavy enanthate ester, and some is the actual testosterone. Shorter esters have a lower molecular weight, so more of the mg/ml is actually the active ingredient testosterone. So in our comparison of Testosterone Enanthate and Testosterone Propionate, Testosterone Enanthate is roughly only 55% testosterone and 45% enanthate ester, and Testosterone Propionate is roughly 74% testosterone and 26% propionate ester. This means that if you take 100mg of Testosterone Enanthate, only 55% or 55mg is testosterone. If you take the same 100mg of Testosterone Propionate, 74% or 74mg is testosterone. So, if you take 100mg of Testosterone Enanthate and 100mg of Testosterone Propionate, you actually get more testosterone from the Testosterone Propionate. It is important to understand when you buy a testosterone just because it has more mg/ml with the ideal that it has more bang for your buck, it is not necessarily true. Also consider Testosterone Propionate has to be taken every two or three days and Testosterone Enanthate only has to be taken once a week.

The melting point of Testosterone Enanthate is 32-36 degrees Celsius. This can be helpful information for determining legitimacy and purity of any sourced Testosterone Enanthate powder. To test the melting point, and hence the purity of Testosterone Enanthate, a hotplate is recommended over an oven because the temperature of an oven is constantly fluctuating and is therefore a poor distinction of an accurate temperature. All you need to complete this test is the melting point of the product, a Hot-Plate/water bath/oil bath and thermometer.

DIY Melting Point Test Instructions:

1.) Place some aluminum foil on the surface of the Hot-Plate / oil / water and ensure it is in contact across the entire surface. If this cannot be achieved use a cooking pan on top of the electronic Hot-Plate.

2.) Place a small amount of the Compound on the Foil, only a tiny amount is required, big enough that that you can judge where it begins to melt but not so much that it will melt unevenly.

3.) Set the Hot-Plate/water/oil bath to just below the correct temperature range based on the confirmed melting point of the compound.

4.) Raise the temperature by 1c every 30s, all of the compound must dissolve within 1-3 Celsius and at/within the confirmed melting point range of the compound - provided this occurs you are looking at 98-99%+ purity compound.

Benefits of Testosterone Enanthate

Low testosterone is actually a serious condition and can very negatively impact your life. Symptoms of low testosterone are:

· Loss of Libido (can refer to partial or total loss)

· Erectile Dysfunction (inability to maintain or obtain and erection)

· Loss of Muscle Mass (despite diet & exercise)

· Loss of Strength (despite diet & exercise)

· Increased Body Fat (despite diet & exercise)

· Loss of Mental Clarity

· Decreased Ability to Focus

· Lethargy

· Insomnia

· Irritability

· Decreased Energy

· Depression

· Weakened Immune System

Testosterone Enanthate will ameliorate any of these conditions effectively and if you suffer from any of these symptoms, it is relatively easy for you to seek treatment from a doctor. If your doctor seems unwilling to help you with Testosterone Replacement Therapy, find another doctor or find a TRT clinic online. Many doctors understand the benefits of testosterone and more TRT clinic or rejuvenation centers are becoming more widely available.

For the performance enhancing athlete, Testosterone Enanthate will benefit them in a similar manner to the low testosterone patient. You can expect a mental sense of well-being coupled with a ravenous sexual vigor. Testosterone Enanthate increases energy, promotes fat loss, and will make you feel young and verile. Testosterone aids in gaining and preserving lean muscle mass and prevents against bone loss. This compound will greatly enhance the following key processes to performance and muscle building success:

Enhanced Protein Synthesis- The rate by-which cells build proteins and the body’s ability to recover will increase.

Enhanced Nitrogen Retention- A positive nitrogen balance is anti-catabolic and will lend to an anabolic atmosphere.

Increased Red Blood Cell Count- Red blood cells carry oxygen and increased oxygen means increased endurance. This can also be a problem if it increases the thickness your blood too much causing the heart to have to work harder push the thick blood, effectively enlarging the heart.

Inhibition of Glucocorticoids- Glucocorticoids are catabolic hormones that promote muscle wasting and fat gain. Cortisol is the most well-known Glucocorticoid and stress hormone. By inhibiting this hormone, we promote a stronger anabolic atmosphere.

Increased IGF-1 Output- This peptide is highly anabolic and affects nearly every cell in the human body. It plays a strong role on the body’s ability to heal and recover affecting muscle tissue, cartilage, nerves, tendons, and ligaments.

Side Effects of Testosterone Enanthate

There are possible side effects of testosterone, but we will find they are easy to avoid for the healthy adult male. Those using TRT doses, the probability of side effects is extremely low. The more above normal and excessive amounts you take, the greater potential for negative side effects. There is clear cut chart to say what amount and what side effects any one individual will get. Some will retain water where others won’t. Some will experience gynocemastia symptoms, and some won’t. Each individual is different and it depends on your genetics and how your body will react. Here, we will outline the potential side effects and tell you how to prepare for them.

Testosterone Enanthate is an estrogenic hormone in that the testosterone hormone can convert to estrogen due to its interaction with the aromatase enzyme. When aromatized, as estrogen levels rise this can lead to gynecomastia (a hard lump behind the nipple and fatty breast tissue) and excess water retention. Excess water retention, if severe can also promote high blood pressure. To combat these symptoms, you can use a SERM (Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulator) like Tamoxifen Citrate (Nolvadex), which will block your estrogen receptors from receiving the excess estrogen. You can use an aromatase inhibitor (AI) like anastrozole (Arimidex), which inhibit the testosterone from converting to estrogen. AI’s tend to be more effective, but they can be problematic by increasing cholesterol. SERM’s will not increase cholesterol, in fact they have a positive effect on cholesterol.

The androgenic side effects of Testosterone Enanthate are highly dependant on genetic predispositions. Common androgenic side effects are acne and hair loss. Many people panic at the thought that they will lose their hair. Understand that you will only lose your hair if you already possess the genes for male pattern baldness. If you don’t already possess the genes that cause you to lose your hair, then testosterone will not make you lose your hair. If you were already going to lose some hair, then testosterone may accelerate the process a little. It is not as if you take testosterone and your hair just starts falling out. The same concept applies to acne. If you don’t have a problem with acne, then testosterone will not cause any additional problems. If you have issues with acne, testosterone may exacerbate it. Androgenic side effects occur because testosterone reduces to DHT (dihydrotestosterone). Products such as Finastride block the reduction to DHT preventing these side effects.

Using testosterone will suppress your natural testosterone levels. This is an issue only when you stop taking testosterone. In order to assuage the conditions of low testosterone after exogenous compensation has ended, it is important to use a PCT (Post Cycle Therapy). PCT can include Tamoxifen (Nolvadex) to stop the effects from the conversion of testosterone to estrogen. Clomiphene Citrate (Clomid) will help bring natural testosterone production back as well as Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG). If you don’t take PCT, it can take a very long time for your natural levels to recover, and your muscles will catabolize as a result relinquishing most of your gains from the testosterone.

Woman and Testosterone Enanthate

It is no secret that many female bodybuilders take Testosterone in order to enhance muscle growth. Women can benefit from testosterone, but they also have more side effects to consider and of which to beware. This is not to scare anyone, but here are some potential side effects for women:

· Deepening of the voice

· Growth of facial hair

· Enlargement of the clitoris

· Possible shrinking or softening of the breasts (due to changes in fat distribution)

Less serious side effects:

· Increased libido

· Redistribution of body fat

· Increased sweat and changes in body odor

· Cessation of ovulation and menstruation

· Prominence of veins and courser skin

· Acne

· General improvement in self confidence

If a woman has decided to start taking testosterone, it is important to start with a very small dose. You don’t know how any individual body will react, so experimentation with small doses means if you start to see an effect you don’t like, you can stop immediately with little harm done. If the effects are preferred, more can always be added later. As a personal experience, I have seen women take testosterone and be happy. One female who started under my supervision saw only one of these side effects and many positive effects. She experienced a slightly enlarged clitoris, and when she stopped it shrunk back to its original size. In the end, it was no big deal.

A Real World and Honest Discussion of Test Enanthate

In this section, I will illustrate my educated opinion of Testosterone Enanthate from my countless hours of study, to personal experience. I will talk about common questions, concerns, and knowledge about Testosterone Enanthate as it applies to the real world. I will try to ponder the questions I had when I was first learning and researching anabolic steroids, their effects, how to use them and what to expect.

When you look up steroid profiles, the first thing you want to know is what exactly will Testosterone Enanthate do to me? What will I look like and is this the perfect supplement for me? The reason you can’t find a direct answer to this question is due to the cryptic nature of the effects on each individual. Everybody reacts differently, and it depends on your genetic make-up as to how you react to these chemicals. Countless people have asked me what they should use, or if they should use a certain steroid, and I developed my response to the most succinct, straight forward, and easy answer to this prominently difficult question; “Try it.” People very rarely only do one cycle of steroids. Anabolic steroids can be positively life changing, and once people decide to start, it is something they want to continue to explore. So, if you have decided to try anabolic steroids, you will be doing it quite a few times and the absolute best advice is to experiment, see what reacts the best with you and gives you the results for which you are looking.

You ask what will Testosterone Enanthate do for me and how will it make me look? Well, I have seen guys take 1 gram a week with dbol and shred up with a picture perfect physique like they were ready to step on stage with no cardio. I have also seen guys take 500mg a week and bloat and puff out so bad it looked like they had a water hose stuffed up their ass on full blast. Two different people, two completely different reactions. Most people fall somewhere in between, but there are a few base effects that you can count on. Testosterone Enanthate can dramatically increase mass and strength. If it is your first cycle, taking 250mg-500mg a week, with a strong work ethic in the gym (I can’t stress that enough, you need to work out or it will do nothing for you), one can expect to gain 15lbs-30lbs and lift 20%-30% more weight in 8 weeks- 10 weeks. This means you will put on muscle weight, and probably a little water weight, and pack 50-80 pounds on your bench and squats. These are of course guidelines for effects, as stated there is no definite way your body will respond. That is why experimentation is key to see what works the best for you.

How much should all of this cost? Let’s discuss prescription pharmaceutical costs and prices. Prescriptions are handled differently. Most insurance will not cover hormone therapy, so you are left paying out of pocket. Clinics may charge a monthly fee of $1000 or so plus product cost in which they monitor blood work and professionally see every aspect of this process. Other clinics take your blood work and have an affiliate doctor prescribe you the testosterone that they send directly to you. For this a 10ml of Testosterone Enanthate will cost around $200.

In the 1990’s black market anabolic steroids were expensive. They were about the same price as current pharmaceutical prices. You could pay $20 for an amp of Sustanon or Testosterone Enanthate. In the early to mid 2000’s, with the internet and online suppliers popping up, it became much more available and much cheaper. In the very early 2000’s, the market was dominated by foreign pharmaceutical brands, Quality Vet, Organon, Denkal, British Dragon, and many more. Within a few short years, the market was dominated by UGL’s. Before UGL’s, steroids would come from pharmacies, to a supplier, then to another supplier, then to your local gym buddy, then to you, all the while being marked up along the way. Now UGL’s can manufacture the products and distribute directly to your gym buddy or to you yourself. If you are going to your gym buddy who you know supplies a few guys, he probably buys in a small bulk for his local gym, and you can expect to pay $10-$15 per ml(I am giving cost per ml because you can get it in amps, 10ml, 20ml, 25ml, even 50ml bottles these days) or $100-$150 for a 10ml vial of Testosterone Enanthate 250-300mg/ml. If you are paying more than that, he is either raping you or getting raped himself, either way keep looking, you can find it cheaper. If you are in direct contact with a UGL and are buying for a bunch of guys in bulk, you are paying $4.50 to $10 per ml, or $45-$100 for a 10ml. Some people are probably saying they can get it even cheaper than that, but this is where you have to be careful. The lower you pay under the $5 per ml mark is when you dramatically increase the odds you are getting under dosed and/or poorly made gear. These UGL’s are just guys in their kitchen or basements, and some are good, but some have no morals or qualms about selling you under dosed gear that was made with no regards for sterility or cleanliness. Don’t get me wrong, there are a lot of very good UGL’s out there and some I would pit against pharmacy grade gear any day. A lot of sites unfairly bash UGL’s when a lot of them don’t deserve it because they do produce perfectly sterile and quality gear. That being said, you do have to be careful, because if someone takes your money and doesn’t send your product, you won’t be able to find them and there is no complaint department to get your money back.

In the end, Testosterone Enanthate is probably the most popular anabolic steroid used because it is a potent performance enhancer, you can do minimal injections with maximum results, and it is also among the least painful to inject. Most beginners start with Testosterone Enanthate for these reasons, and also for these reasons, many consider it their favorite of all the injectable anabolic steroids.

About the Author

I am the CEO and founder of mycustomprotein.com. We are the only nutritional supplement company that allows clients to customize ingredients based on their personal goals and individual needs. I have been a bodybuilder for 25 years, and eat, sleep, and breathe this industry. I have a degree in biochemistry, and have curtailed my studies around the science of:

- Athlete optimization/readiness

- Exercise physiology

- Sports nutrition research

- Performance exercise

- Nutrition based muscular development and sports performance

- New product formulation/Ingredient innovation

- Anabolic Steroids

Thank you very much for you time and allowing me to join your illustrious community. I will make myself readily available for discussion and to help optimize blends to compliment your personal needs.

Attachments

• IMG_6928.JPG
    IMG_6928.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 328
  • testosterone.png
    testosterone.png
    11.5 KB · Views: 338
  • Testosterone_enanthate.png
    Testosterone_enanthate.png
    20.7 KB · Views: 308
  • enanthate.png
    enanthate.png