bsimon7074
What's New?

The philly cheesesteak

F.I.S.T.

F.I.S.T.

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2011
THE PHILLY CHEESESTEAK

Craving a good, hearty sandwich? Sink your teeth into this healthier version of an American classic

INGREDIENTS
>> 3 medium onions, sliced thin
>> 2 green or red sweet bell peppers (or combination), cored, seeded and sliced thin
>> 1 cup thinly sliced mushrooms
>> 1 tsp. garlic powder
>> Salt and pepper
>> 2 lbs. extra-lean beef tenderloin (9% fat), sliced thin
>> 6 slices fat free cheese (1 oz. each)

Goal: Mass-building

When to Eat It: At lunch or dinner during a mass-gaining phase

How to Make It: In a large skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, sauté onions, bell peppers and mushrooms over medium heat. Add garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste; stir to combine. Transfer mixture to a small bowl, cover and set aside. In the same skillet, pan-fry the sliced tenderloin until brown but not crispy. Add vegetable mixture back to skillet; mix well. Place cheese on meat-vege-table mixture and heat until slightly melted. Spoon atop split rolls.
Side dish: To ramp up the carbs for further mass-building, serve with a baked potato.

Nutrition Facts (per serving; serves six): 475 calories, 54 g protein, 31 g carbs, 15 g fat, 3 g fiber

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Oh c'mon now... You're a trouble maker with this one!

F.I.S.T.

F.I.S.T.

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2011
Healthy and Cheesesteak should never be in the same sentence...haha

GR

LMAO.Normally you'd be right but look at the nutritional profile of this recipe bro.Everything a growing boy needs to fill out!!

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
If you made that with ribeye and squirted some vinager on it I'd eat it

F.I.S.T.

F.I.S.T.

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2011
If you made that with ribeye and squirted some vinager on it I'd eat it

Sounds like a plan.Tell you what im going to give it a try and post up how it compares.You do the same.Sound good?

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
Sounds like a plan.Tell you what im going to give it a try and post up how it compares.You do the same.Sound good?
I liked the bison one you posted. ill stick with that for the low fat cheese steak ;).

I'm a little bit of a snob with my sammiches.

F.I.S.T.

F.I.S.T.

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2011
I liked the bison one you posted. ill stick with that for the low fat cheese steak ;).

I'm a little bit of a snob with my sammiches.

The bison sandwich is amazing brother.I would choose it over the philly steak too.If you haven't tried it yet,make sure to put it on the menu in the near future.I guarantee you that you'll love it.

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
The bison sandwich is amazing brother.I would choose it over the philly steak too.If you haven't tried it yet,make sure to put it on the menu in the near future.I guarantee you that you'll love it.
The bison was good. and a very good low fat option.

F.I.S.T.

F.I.S.T.

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2011
The bison was good. and a very good low fat option.

Great.Didn't know you tried it.Glad to hear you liked it.Great nutritional profile too as you said so whats not to like?LOL

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic