VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
Wave 2, Week 4, Day 2
Competition Bench press 5x5 275lbs
Box Squats 1x3 315lbs
10% drop 3x3 275lbs
Over head press 1x7 225lbs
rep drop 4x5 225lbs

So for bench press this is a new PR for me, if had not put on 6 lbs over the week end I would be benching my body weight. First time doing box squats, I just took my time and went slow. Seemed to feel ok even at 315lbs. I probably could have 335lbs but I was trying to make sure the form was ok. Over head press well all the racks were full, and I had to get out of there so I did Seated over head press.

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
Wave 2, Week 4, Day 3

Competition Squat 1x3 335 lbs
10% Fatigue drop 4x3 275lbs
Stiff leg dead lifts 3x1 225lbs
Hack Squats 5x7 225lbs

Hack squats I used the hack machine, by this time my legs were dead and jello but I pushed through and did all 5 sets of 7. While doing squats last night I had this twinge in my right knee. its on the inside of my knee cap, where that muscle head goes over the bone. No sore enough to worry about, but it hurt good this morning. I may have just pulled a tendon or something. Ill keep icing it, and see how she goes. I wont be squatting again for a few days so, hopefully it will calm down.

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
Wave 2 Week 5, Day 1

Dead lifts 5x5 did 5 working sets at 315lbs
Pin Press 5x5 did 5 working sets at 225lbs
Deficit 1" Dead lifts 1x5 worked up to 275
Fatigue drop 10% 4x5 4 working sets at 245lbs

I feel like I have cold starting, but I went anyway to just get the work done. I have a lot of stress right now, at home, with the wife who moved out, kids need taken care of, house needs cleaning, shit everywhere. Just when your on a good run, life likes to kick you when your down. If it was easy everyone would do it...

POB, could I add in cardio on my off days, between my working weight days. I want to try and get rid of some more fat. How does 45 min inclined walking sound, at moderate pace. ?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Sure cardio is fine.

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
Sorry I need to get this shit back up here, I have been training just have not put it on the log. so Here we go
Wave 2 Week 5 Day 2 while I was working up to my weight i had a sharp pain in my left peck kind of near my arm pit. There was no popping or tearing sound, just a sharp pain enough to make me stop the set. After that I didn't feel like I could keep doing my sets cause the pain was still there. Its been a week now, and when I dig my fingers in my peck from the bottom I can still feel like something is wrong. I'm hoping its just strain or I pulled something. Fucked up part is, it was light, not warm up but not the heaviest either.

Wave 2 Week 5 Day 3
Competition squat 15x2 worked up to 335lbs, nice slow controlled set, heavy set felt good, like I could do more
Stiff leg dead lifts 3x1 worked up to 225lbs, felt good
Hack squats, 5x7 worked up to 315 lbs used the machine again, I can load it up, and control it more.

Extra work outs
Lats 5x10 cable pull downs 255lbs
Hamstrings 5x10 leg curls 75lbs per leg, do them one at a time
Triceps 5x10 narrow grip bench worked up to 185lbs
Triceps 5x10 body weight dips
Biceps curls 3x10 worked up to 55lb dumbbells
Abductors both ways 3x20 145lbs on the machine.

Tonight we start Wave 2 Week 6 Day 1

My joints have all been hurting, not sure why I think I have narrowed it down to not having enough fat in my diet. Im going to change that this week to see, start my Glucosmene, and vinegar this week to see if that helps.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
All joints or just some? Too bad you couldn't get that npp man....

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
All joints or just some? Too bad you couldn't get that npp man....

Mostly my knees to the inside of cap, and Elbows, but I just started my Npp Saturday, I'm hoping by the end of the week, Ill see a change in the joints. I started my MSM again, same shit I give my horses. Lol Bitter as hell though. and braggs vinegar. Ill let you al know how it goes.

Oh on a side note, Im 283lbs as of Friday. That is not getting my 2750 calories a day, Im only at about 23oo a day. I got some coconut oil and EVO, and will be adding it to all my meals, so that should bump the calories a bit too.

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
Well this week started out great, sunday woke up with full blown gout attack in my right knee, could not even move my leg, had to go to the Er to get meds cause I ran out, that will never happen again. Then Sunday night I started throwing up, puking my guts out, all night most of Monday, could not keep anything down, Tuesday it was all ass explosions, Ive dropped 15 lbs in 3 days. So Im taking the rest of the week off from training. Fuck it... Ill sleep and recover and hit it hard on the week end.

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
Last night I did Shoulders and traps. I got to the gym late, did not eat right all day, but got there, so I did some isolation work on shoulders and traps.

Machine over head press 225lbs maxed out the machine.
bent shoulder raises
side lateral raises
front shoulder raises
Shoulder press worked up to 225 lbs for 7 reps That killed them
Standing dumbbell shrugs 120lb dummbells 4 sets 10
Barbell shrugs 4 sets of 7 with 405 lbs.

Im nice and sore today, we will go tonight again a do chest and triceps. Thats one place im week is chest, so lets hit it more and make it grow.

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
Here is the line in the sand................................................................................................................................................................

got to get this log going again........

so ill start here last Sunday night I had my appendix removed and they told me 6 weeks of no lifting. So I took a week off and started back on Monday but just lighter weights.

This week I challenged my self to every body part every day, with 3 sets 12. Every day is a different exersice for that body part. Plus 30 min of cardio at the end of the work out. Remember cardio for me is walking at like 3.0 pass and elevation of like 2. So nothing that bad.

I will tell you you that this shit will kick your ass, and drain the shit out of you . Im using it as a shock week to get my body to respond, then next week will be back to my 2 body parts per day, then the following week Ill do power lifting, and alternate weeks.

Current weight 284 lbs, I have lost 14 lbs in about 4 weeks of being back to training.

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
In 9 weeks I have managed to loose 19 lbs, just by working out, and watching what I eat some what. So my shirts are fitting better, the belly is starting to go, but I have a lot of fat on my lower back. I've herd that's the hardest to get rid of. People I know are starting to notice the changes which are nice. I really have made a body comp change, y0u can see the muscle peaking out here and there.

I cant wait for the next few weeks to see how much more changes will be made. Im going to clean up my meals even more, and take training to 5 days a week from 4 days a week.

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
Well here we are again, I'm starting again with the log, kindnof got away from it.

I have been training this whole time, I got up to 298 lbs about 3 months ago. I was I comfortable and out of breath most of the time. So I started training higher reps, and less weight. I got down to 267 lb before thanksgiving.

Now I've changed up my training again. I'm doing 5 heavy sets low reps, and 3 light high rep sets, per body part. It's seems to be working. I. Actually getting really h rd pumps for all my parts.

The goal with this is to break down both slow twitch an d's fast twitch muscles.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic