Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

The Ogre717 remix

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
Ok so its been a while since i have worked out semi-regularly, and even longer since i was in the gym religiously. The 2 years since i left the military have not been kind to my physique or fitness level. Well its time to change all that. Ive been going to the gym for almost a week now, only doing cardio so far, and i already feel better. Taking before photos and measurements tonight, not that any of you want to see how bad ive let myself get. Seeing an endo in 2 weeks because of some low numbers from a less than comprehensive VA Hospital test. More to follow on that later. This will doubtfully be a daily training log, more likely a weekly progress update.

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
Quick update. Down 8 lbs. Havnt touched beer or liquor since I started and I think I'm almost done smelling like whiskey when I swear. I know the initial weigjt loss rate won't continue but it's a great motivator. Never got around to talking pics or measurements but I will.. eventually. My 13yo boy decided he wants to lift with me to better his water polo game so this weekend was chest and true. It was impressive for him but I felt like a bitch. More motivation I guess

G

Grizzly911

Jun 17, 2018
That's good progress so far. Keep it up!

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
13 lbs lighter for three days now. Consistent cardio at least 4 days a week. Going to start back up the weights next week. Oh and the BIG news, the wife is joining me now as well!

G

Grizzly911

Jun 17, 2018
13 lbs lighter for three days now. Consistent cardio at least 4 days a week. Going to start back up the weights next week. Oh and the BIG news, the wife is joining me now as well!

That's good news ogre!

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
End of the week will be the 1 month mark. I have been eating pretty clean, extremely low carb, no alcohol, and at least a gallon of water a day. Cardio 3-4 days a week and lifting about every other day for now. I feel great and much healthier. I'm down 15 lbs from the start but my weight has stabilized there over the last week. I'm sure I'm starting to recomp some by now. I never did measure anything but everything is fitting better in all the right places.

G

Grizzly911

Jun 17, 2018
End of the week will be the 1 month mark. I have been eating pretty clean, extremely low carb, no alcohol, and at least a gallon of water a day. Cardio 3-4 days a week and lifting about every other day for now. I feel great and much healthier. I'm down 15 lbs from the start but my weight has stabilized there over the last week. I'm sure I'm starting to recomp some by now. I never did measure anything but everything is fitting better in all the right places.

I think it always comes down to fine-tuning your diet to continue making progress along with getting your 8 hours if you can.

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
I think it always comes down to fine-tuning your diet to continue making progress along with getting your 8 hours if you can.
Where can I buy some of this "8 hours" you speak of?

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
Sounds like recomp to me! Keep pushing forward.

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
Yesterday was day 5 of severe DOMS in my arms. I was starting to think I injured them but I feel much better today. Diet has been super clean for about a month now. Not sure what my weight is because I threw out the scale. Wife was bitching that she hadn't lost anything in 4 days so in the trash it went. I had to show her we're both looking better in the mirror and clothes are fitting better so it's working. Should hear back from doc about my bloodwork today, followup appointment on monday.

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
My new primary care doc (family practice) is exactly the type of doc I was looking for. He covered my bloodwork line for line with layman explanations for anything I didn't already understand. Even though I came in slightly above the "standard lower threshold" he agreed it was FAR from optimal, especially for my age. He hit me with a script for some liver support stuff, VitD, and Test cyp 200 @ .5 2x/wk. He even wrote the rx for pins and draw tips. I am really looking forward to feeling like myself again. None of this "new me" shit, it's time for the old me to come back from the dead

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic