pbtom
What's New?

The Official 'What movie(s) have you watched lately' thread

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I saw Nefarious over the weekend. It's about a guy who claims to be demon possessed who is in prison on death row, but they have a state law that says they can't execute a person if they are insane. So a psychiatrist is sent in to certify that the guy is ok to fry (electric chair), but the guy is plainly nuts. The twist is that the demon starts fucking with the psychiatrist and there are enough weird events and stuff that make you think the guy really might be possessed.

Good movie. I would watch it again.
I looked this movie up on "Rotten Tomatoes" movie review website. It got like a 40% positive rating from the critics, and about 95% positive review from viewers. I wonder what the critics didn't like? I'll need to look at their comments, but sometimes the critics are way off. I watched the trailer for the movie, and it looked pretty intense.

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
I looked this movie up on "Rotten Tomatoes" movie review website. It got like a 40% positive rating from the critics, and about 95% positive review from viewers. I wonder what the critics didn't like? I'll need to look at their comments, but sometimes the critics are way off. I watched the trailer for the movie, and it looked pretty intense.
It has God v Satan overtones running through the movie and even points out in one place that Satan is winning the battle. Most of the souls here on earth belong to Satan by default, because they don't belong to the Carpenter. I doubt critics like that kind of talk.

It's not a feel good movie. At one point a priest is brought in, who doesn't believe in demons, and the prisoner just laughs at him, stating that if you don't believe in the devil there is no way you can claim to understand God. The psychiatrist claims to be an atheist, and claims that since he is an atheist, he is immune to such beliefs about God or Satan.
The demon just totally starts fucking with him at that point, and by the end of the movie has taken possession of him too.

It is like the Exorcist. Except the Devil wins in this one.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Watched this one with the wife .. she liked it , for me , not enough monsters or blood and Zero boobies

Get used to no boobies my friend. Hollywood has reduced nude scenes by a ton. Look at Game of thrones then House of the dragon. the boob to episode ratio is WAY OFF!

blm

blm

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2023
The Dirty Black Bag.

Series on AMC+ Produced and starring Travis Fimmel (Ragnar in Vikings). Violent spaghetti western.

Over only watched the first episode but I'm hooked.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
A Man Called Otto

Figured i'd give this movie a shot since Tom Hanks is a great actor. IMO, he is a complete nutjob with politics, but I like his movies, at least when they have nothing to do with politics.

So I get exactly an hour into the movie.........and it happened!

Had to throw in a transgender character, then it just got stupid. It would have been a decent boring movie if they left out the BS, if that makes sense. They always wait until you are a good bit into the movie before throwing this shit in your face.

TWO THUMBS DOWN!

Reactions: blm
jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Boobs have been replaced by dudes making out.
Then you will LOVE IT!

Nahhhh, sucks. That is why there are so few good movies/shows. They have forced diversity/ inclusion, Now Cleopatra is black ect. This does not show real life but is there for the sake of being there. It cheapens and ruins the art.

Hell if you look at commercials now and had to make a consensus on the demographic of the USA you would think 80% of the people are black, Latino or Asian and a big % are trannys. Not real life. In fact...a horror show.

Only movie I wanna see is the new Guardians of the galaxy. I hear it is better than the 2nd and as good as the first.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic