Ethan7400
What's New?

The Official 'What movie(s) have you watched lately' thread

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Any good recent movies you've watched...thoughts?

I have not watched a movie in a long while, lol.

~R~F~G~

~R~F~G~

VIP Member
Dec 13, 2022
Elvis was the last movie I seen. I’m a huge Elvis fan and thought I knew a bunch. Apparently not. But it was a cool movie. What was better was just last week on his Birthday they played the 1970 and 1972 shows and the behind the scenes.

Wife is dying to see the new Avatar movie. I just have a hard time paying movie theater fees.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
The Last Kingdom: Seven Kings Must Die

I thought this movie was horrible. It looked like a low budget film and quality. Half the cast wasn't even in it, and many of the ones who were, they were sparse outside the main characters. The final battle was kind of weak too. It seemed like it was majorly rushed for a 2 hour movie. Why Netflix just didn't sign them up for a 6th season is beyond me. This movie fell majorly flat compared to the show. I was majorly disappointed.

Can somebody confirm whether or not Aethelstan was actually gay?

If he was, then i'm cool with the fag scenes, since they match history. BUT....if it's not true, then the writers can go screw themselves with the woke shit. All i've read was that Aethelstan ruled for like 15 years, or something to that nature, and he was single and never married or had kids. Therefore, all I see are "well, it could be" accusations that he 'could have been gay.' From what I have read, and please correct this, is that it is unclear why he never married, so anything outside of that is just speculation......or how liberals like to say, "reimagined." For some reason, I find it really hard to be the case that it would have just been accepted back in those days....that a King was banging some other dude and everybody was fine with it. But hell.....I will stand corrected if it's true.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Hey BMJ, I agree with you. The series was amazing, but the movie didn't match the series. It was pretty hard to follow at times, every scene was very dark, making it hard to make out who was who. And the gay thing...

I really don't know the history of it, but it still pissed me off.

Hilda should have been included in the movie. And what about Uhtred's daughter? She just disappeared. And the mother of King Edward who was married to King Alfred, did she die in the last season? I don't remember that, and it would have been nice to have here in there.

I was bummed none of these women played a role in the movie. And the widow of King Edward was a different person than the person who played the role in the series. That kinda sucked.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Hey BMJ, I agree with you. The series was amazing, but the movie didn't match the series. It was pretty hard to follow at times, every scene was very dark, making it hard to make out who was who. And the gay thing...

I really don't know the history of it, but it still pissed me off.

Hilda should have been included in the movie. And what about Uhtred's daughter? She just disappeared. And the mother of King Edward who was married to King Alfred, did she die in the last season? I don't remember that, and it would have been nice to have here in there.

I was bummed none of these women played a role in the movie. And the widow of King Edward was a different person than the person who played the role in the series. That kinda sucked.
Yea Tommy, everything you wrote is 100% to a tee of what I thought. I can't believe they didn't include his daughter, Hilda, and Alfred's widow (she didn't die in the series). Edward's widow threw me off being a different actress too. I was trying to be nice above, but IMO, the movie just sucked big time. I was hoping I was wrong and just watched it on a bad day....and was waiting for @blm to come in and tell me I was just being too harsh (LOL!!!), but with your analysis, i'm just going all in now and saying it was really sucky! lol:D.

If they didn't want to do a whole season, at least give them slots to have like a 2-3 expanded movie season, so that it makes sense with some character build-up of the newer people.

It sucks with the Valhalla scene at the end because they pretty much are completely done with everything, but it was maybe the best scene in the movie....that and the jokes around when he lost his sword and got a new one, lol.

I'm just disappointed with it because they had all this time and I just feel that if this was as good as they could do, then it's pathetic. It's how i felt about the last season of Vikings too.....but that is a whole different topic and rant, heh heh heh:D

Reactions: blm
JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
I just watched Insomnia. No other movies. Any good movies coming out? I Started watching, the last thing he said on Apple TV, and Rabbit Hole on Paramount.

blm

blm

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2023
Yea Tommy, everything you wrote is 100% to a tee of what I thought. I can't believe they didn't include his daughter, Hilda, and Alfred's widow (she didn't die in the series). Edward's widow threw me off being a different actress too. I was trying to be nice above, but IMO, the movie just sucked big time. I was hoping I was wrong and just watched it on a bad day....and was waiting for @blm to come in and tell me I was just being too harsh (LOL!!!), but with your analysis, i'm just going all in now and saying it was really sucky! lol:D.

If they didn't want to do a whole season, at least give them slots to have like a 2-3 expanded movie season, so that it makes sense with some character build-up of the newer people.

It sucks with the Valhalla scene at the end because they pretty much are completely done with everything, but it was maybe the best scene in the movie....that and the jokes around when he lost his sword and got a new one, lol.

I'm just disappointed with it because they had all this time and I just feel that if this was as good as they could do, then it's pathetic. It's how i felt about the last season of Vikings too.....but that is a whole different topic and rant, heh heh heh:D
I made it halfway and lost interest. I plan on going back and starting it over. But up to that point, I was disappointed. I can't argue with anything aforementioned.

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
I saw Nefarious over the weekend. It's about a guy who claims to be demon possessed who is in prison on death row, but they have a state law that says they can't execute a person if they are insane. So a psychiatrist is sent in to certify that the guy is ok to fry (electric chair), but the guy is plainly nuts. The twist is that the demon starts fucking with the psychiatrist and there are enough weird events and stuff that make you think the guy really might be possessed.

Good movie. I would watch it again.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Anyone seen "65" it had Adam Driver and dinosaurs? Pretty good audience reviews and who cares what a critic thinks.

Yano

Yano

VIP Member
Sep 18, 2022
Watched this one with the wife .. she liked it , for me , not enough monsters or blood and Zero boobies

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic