pbtom
What's New?

The Official TV/Netflix/Prime etc shows you are watching Thread

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Loved Vikings..,,, I was disappointed when I first started watching the spin off “Vikings Valhalla” so I quit a couple episodes in… I later went back, watched it and enjoyed it…. I just liked the original so much I guess I wasn’t ready for the new one yet, lol
I finished the 1st season, but I just could not get into it for the fact they had some black lady as the head of the vikings. That was so wrong on so many levels. The fight scenes were weak, and the main guy, I don't know what it is with him, he just looks like a douchebag to me.

I've been debating on this 2nd season. If it's more women-power garbage, it's going off. I like badass shield-maidens, but they were not tougher than the male vikings....i'm so sick of that garbage.

I need to get through a few other shows first though:)

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Love love love Longmire! I’ve watched every episodes 3x now.
It's such a great show. So damn fun to watch a simple show with no political spins or anything!

Lou Diamond Philips is such a great actor. The main guy was the perfect fit for the lead character, he nails his part. Gonna hate when it all ends:( lol

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I've watched the first two episodes of Kaleidoscope on Netflix. Has kind of an Ocean's 11 vibe to it. I think it's just a one season show of 8 episodes. So far so good.

Comedy: Kim's Convenience. Netflix. This show is actually quite funny. Korean immigrant family runs a convenience store in the lower-middle class immigrant neighborhood of Toronto.

lifter6973

lifter6973

Jul 3, 2021
My wife has seen all the good ones. Not all on Netflix. Some of these are older.
Off the top of my head: Bosch, Mr. D, Jack Ryan, Ray Donovan, GOT, Marvelous Mrs Maisel, Silicon Valley, Your Honor, Vera, Patriot and of course Rick and Morty

Netflix has some solid murder/mystery documentaries

BigSwolePump

BigSwolePump

VIP Member
May 24, 2017
I thought that TULSA KING was pretty good with Sylvester Stallone. (2023 series)

I typically re-watch GAME OF THRONES this time of year and probably still will.

HOUSE OF DRAGONS is a great prequel if you liked the original Game of Thrones.( late 2022)

The VIKINGS is awesome. Not as good in the last 2 seasons(obvious reasons if you have seen it)but still a good watch.

SOA(SONS OF ANARCHY)is always a good watch if you like outlaw type shit.

S

Stclineman

VIP Member
Nov 8, 2022
I finished the 1st season, but I just could not get into it for the fact they had some black lady as the head of the vikings. That was so wrong on so many levels. The fight scenes were weak, and the main guy, I don't know what it is with him, he just looks like a douchebag to me.
I've been debating on this 2nd season. If it's more women-power garbage, it's going off. I like badass shield-maidens, but they were not tougher than the male vikings....i'm so sick of that garbage.

I need to get through a few other shows first though:)
yeah that shit is ridiculous.. first off a woman leading in that era, Not happening… a black woman leading bad ass pale white Northern European Vikings, get the fuck outta here with that shit…. But 90% of shows/movies nowadays are like that in some sense so I try my best to overlook it….. and as a father of two daughters I’m glad women are getting roles other than a whore or a housewife making sandwiches for her husband but it definitely goes way too far a lot of times

rot-iron66

rot-iron66

Oct 30, 2022
Right now watching "Your Honor Season 2" (Brian Cranston) and 1923 (Yellowstone Prequel).
Tulsa King I enjoyed.
(Also from Taylor Sheridan from Yellowstone, 1923, and the Jeemy Renner one I liked "Mayor of Kingstown").
Sheridan spits out good new shows like crazy. Though Yellowstone seemed to drop off this year IMO. (Not much excitement).

lifter6973

lifter6973

Jul 3, 2021
Right now watching "Your Honor Season 2" (Brian Cranston) and 1923 (Yellowstone Prequel).
Tulsa King I enjoyed.
(Also from Taylor Sheridan from Yellowstone, 1923, and the Jeemy Renner one I liked "Mayor of Kingstown").
Sheridan spits out good new shows like crazy. Though Yellowstone seemed to drop off this year IMO. (Not much excitement).
What up rotty? How you been?

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
2 that I will add that I really liked over the last few months...

Wednesday. I really liked this show. It was well done, imo.

The Watcher. I really got into this show. It was wayyy better than what I was expecting it to be.

NDLessPSYcle

NDLessPSYcle

MuscleHead
Apr 1, 2011
I liked The Watcher, Kaleidoscope, The Terminal List and second season of White Lotus kinda blew

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic