pbtom
What's New?

The Official TV/Netflix/Prime etc shows you are watching Thread

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
This is usually a pretty good type of thread at forums where members can post up what shows they are watching, and what their thoughts are on them; Or, just discussion on various shows/series that are out there and watched. \

What are you watching or have watched lately, and thoughts?

Right now, i'm just watching both Longmire and the 11th season of The Walking Dead on Netflix.

I really like Longmiore, i'm on season 4 right now:cool:

TWD....meh...i'll have to give my thoughts at the end of the season.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
I gave up on Walking Dead during season 6. After that, it started getting progressively more woke with forced diversity. When it's done right, I don't even care, but when it's over the top, it just taints the whole damn show. Not to mention that the show/plot in general went to shit, so even without all of the social justice efforts, I would likely have stopped watching. I would watch an episode here and there after season 6 just to see how things were going and end right back up at the same conclusion that my time was better spent elsewhere.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
Longmire was solid. Really enjoyed it. The sheriff is actually a popular Australian actor in his country. TWD, I saw it all the way through. I'm curious how the spin offs will take. I worry that it may be too much or just needed to get wrapped up.

~R~F~G~

~R~F~G~

VIP Member
Dec 13, 2022
I just binge watched The Sopranos and The Wire. Almost done Boardwalk Empire then I may watch OZ. But that’s a lot of man sex. And well. Lol.

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
I am literally praying netflix goes the way of blockbuster in the next few years. They have ruined everything with their woke shit. Amazon isn't much better with their "originals".
I watched the Peripheral on Amazon and particularly pissed about it since they were released on at a time and went from OK to terrible on the 8th episode.

S

Stclineman

VIP Member
Nov 8, 2022
Binge watching the new season of The Walking Dead…… the new season of The Witcher is next in my list

S

Stclineman

VIP Member
Nov 8, 2022
Vikings.......it’s been around a while but i just started watching all the seasons
Loved Vikings..,,, I was disappointed when I first started watching the spin off “Vikings Valhalla” so I quit a couple episodes in… I later went back, watched it and enjoyed it…. I just liked the original so much I guess I wasn’t ready for the new one yet, lol

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
Love love love Longmire! I’ve watched every episodes 3x now.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
I am literally praying netflix goes the way of blockbuster in the next few years. They have ruined everything with their woke shit. Amazon isn't much better with their "originals".
I watched the Peripheral on Amazon and particularly pissed about it since they were released on at a time and went from OK to terrible on the 8th episode.
like 85-90% is woke BS. The other 5-15% is pretty good....but there is not always enough new shows in this small percentage to keep you going back. You end up flipping through the selections for like an hour before either falling asleep or quitting, lol.

Finding a new show is like gold though.

And yea, a lot of these woke shows start out good, and they draw you in for half the season.....then BAM! Once it starts, it just slowly escalates to worse. I usually quit at that point, only a handful i've been able to continue watching.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Vikings.......its been around a while but i just started watching all the seasons
Probably top 5 of my favorite shows of all time. The first 4 seasons are true badassery....then is slowly declines. It's all based off of loose history. The first 4 seasons, although not entirely correct, was at least in the ballpark on most of it...including the season 4 turning point. After . that, it goes in all directions with people from different time periods entering into the show. The action is still good, except I thought the final season was a letdown in some fights/battles when they should have been all-out scenes of the Gods. lol. They dropped the ball on that some.

What I would recommend is to not read any of the history behind it all because they absolutely slaughtered it in the final season. It was pathetic. I just can't stand movies and shows when they go away from what really happened in history when they had all opportunities to stick with it and have it still come out excellent. If you do not read the history on their family, and other vikings of that era/time, you will really like it and grow with the characters. There are some absolute badass scenes in the show. I fukking miss it, despite being disappointed on they took it and ended it.

I'll not mention anything as to not ruin it for you. Ragnar, Bjorn and Floki were my favorites.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic