pbtom
What's New?

The Official PillarOfBalance Journal!

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Beware of knock-off's and copy cats! lol

So I figured I'd start my journal for my last couple weeks as a natty so when the weights suddenly go waaaay up, we'll know what to attribute to the dianabol. Kinda setting a baseline so to speak. The journal will continue as I cross to the dark side and will include my thoughts and questions on that as well, so as boring as this may be for the Vets I'd appreciate if you guys were in on it just to supervise and advise as needed :)

I am currently 205lbs and 5'11". My body fat is around 12-14% as measured by calipers. I think I have a funny looking body to be honest. Long torso, long arms and I carry almost all of my fat on my starting at the bottom of my chest to just below my belly button and around to my lower back. My legs have separation and my arms aren't ripped per se but I don't have fatcepts... I actually plan on asking my doctor at my next appointment about whether I have a problem with insulin sensitivity. My moms is a type II diabetic and I have a hell of a time losing fat.

My diet is as follows:

Meal 1
10 egg whites
1/2 cup oats
3 slices turkey bacon

Meal 2, 3, 4
6 ounces chicken breast
3 cups greens
oil and vin dressing

Meal 5
6 ounces Beef or 12 Ounces Fish
3 Cups greens or broccoli/asparagus/green beans/lentils
oil and vin dressing or almond butter

Meal 6
1 Cup cottage cheese

Per Someanddone and MAYO's suggestion I have started bracketing my workouts with a mix of carbs and whey. About 30 minutes before lifting I have some vitargo or maize with a scoop of whey isolates. Post workout I have 2 scoops vitargo with 1 scoop fruit punch kool aid. 40 minutes after that I have 2 scoops whey isolates. Thanks for the suggestion guys!

Can't wait to see where this takes me!

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Good deal. I'll be following along POB.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Just curious, are you going to make any changes to your diet or training when your cycle starts?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Sunday May 29, 2011

Was out of the gym for a week. Rested up, lets some nagging joints heal up so that I can take full advantage of the gear coming up :)

Pre-Workout 1 Scoop Isopure, 2 Scoops Vitargo

Legs

Back Squat (Hams to calves baby!)
2 Warm Ups at 135
185 x 14
225 x 12
275 x 10
275 x 9

Front Squat superset to Standing Leg Curl
135 x 10 / 55 x 15
135 x 10 / 55 x 15
135 x 10 / 55 x 15

Hack Squat (machine)
180 x 12
270 x 8
270 x 6
180 x 10
90 x 15

started getting :-& at that point... Didn't hit hams at all hardly, but I'll make sure I make up for that on back day when I deadlift :)

Post-Workout - 2 Scoops Vitargo, 2 Scoops (32carbs) Kool-Aid

40 Minutes after PW Carbs has 2 Scoops Isopure.

Its now a few hours later and the pump is just going away. Sore already which is a first. I'm never sore until the next day. Maybe its MAYO and SaD's carb fest thing, who knows!

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Just curious, are you going to make any changes to your diet or training when your cycle starts?

Thanks for looking in bro! Hell Yes, I will be making some diet changes... Might up the protein to 2grams per pound of BW just to make sure I'm taking full advantage of the gear. Don't want to waste a drop of oil!!! As far as the training - probably not. I don't go for the machines, and you won't find me with the pink weights on a bosu ball lol... Only way the training might change is volume. However; I think adding more volume will probably only lead to me becoming overtrained. If my deadlift suddenly goes from 405 to 495 or higher, I wonder if my body will be able to adapt quickly enough. We'll see I suppose.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Yeah volume is more what I was thinking of. I started my cycle yesterday and have been contemplating changes to my training. But I'm a volume junkie now so I'm not sure I will change too much. I'm also pretty close to 2g of protein also, but will still up slightly. I want to keep my bf sub 15 (around 10-11 now).

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Yeah volume is more what I was thinking of. I started my cycle yesterday and have been contemplating changes to my training. But I'm a volume junkie now so I'm not sure I will change too much. I'm also pretty close to 2g of protein also, but will still up slightly. I want to keep my bf sub 15 (around 10-11 now).

The fat gain kinda pisses me off, but I guess for this first cycle we gotta just suck it up to a degree and work hard post cycle to keep the gains. Just gotta keep that diet super clean I guess... Best of luck to you. Keeping a log bro?

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
how about some before pics? :D

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
how about some before pics? :D

The one in the "how big is your forearm" wasn't enough :"> lol... I'll get my gf to take a few relaxed pose pics and post em up when she's around. Definitely a good idea ATW. Thanks.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
pics show so much i think. especially if you are trying something for the first time. i would take relaxed and flexed views and post them. be true so that you know what it really did for you. so many people take ones with everything just hanging out and then for the finals they take them all flexed. thats great if you are in a contest but for real life, keep it real!

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
pics show so much i think. especially if you are trying something for the first time. i would take relaxed and flexed views and post them. be true so that you know what it really did for you. so many people take ones with everything just hanging out and then for the finals they take them all flexed. thats great if you are in a contest but for real life, keep it real!

Gotcha... I'll throw in the mandatories per orders of the newest Mod! ^:)^ ;)

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Got up, ate and headed out to the gym for chest. Detours all over the place cause of parades and such... Couldn't get to the damn gym. I was so worked up about lifting today too. Got me into such a foul mood that by the time I got back home - which took 40 minutes instead of 12 minutes due to detours, I needed to take a friggin anti-anxiety pill to chill. Guess I'll just hit the treadmill to work it out :( I'll get some pics posted up after while I'm all sweaty and gross.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic