Rolanalon
What's New?

The Official FINAL Season #11 of The Walking Dead

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Anybody watch the season premier? I know it's rough to watch these days from when it was possibly the best show ever, back in it's beginning season(s), but it appears we are drawing to an end of the show after investing a decade+ into it.

I'll be sad when it's done and over, I wish these shows could go on forever, but the writers and producers of this show have shown us they fail in being creative and interesting....and let's not hide the lame-ass PC crap that they have thrown in as well.

But at any rate, thoughts on episode 1?

While it didn't suck, I thought it was pretty weak for a season premier, especially of their final season. I guess i'm used to this though. Man, remember when the beginning of each season or the mid-season finale episode would be balls-out awesome?

Anyway, I just do not have a connection to most of these new characters.

Are they gonna fukk up the Negan character now?

Let's face it, we all hated him, then they brought him back for us to like him....and now he is the most popular character on the show. Are they going to go out ruining his character over freakin' Maggie? Maggie was cool at one time, but they ruined her character in the process, as did she when she left the show.

I want Rick, Daryl, Carol, and all the originals!!!

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
I am going to watch the last season. Haven’t watched it in years. It was the same thing with Supernatural, got maybe 7 seasons in and the show stalled and I got interested in other shows

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
I've been a fan from the get go. Yeah it has some weak spots and lame parts, but I think the show took a turn when (Andrew Lincoln) aka Rick decided to leave the show due to his family being in England and being so far away from his family and small children. I know they mentioned some movies to be centered around Lincoln's character expected to be in production, but haven't heard if that will be the case.

I think AMC didn't expect the drop in viewing or inability to create new material. So far, they have not deviated a lot from the storyline overall. Although, the writer of the comics, I believe Robert Kirkman has discontinued the series and has written the storyline off. So, with his choice to do so, it has created a bit of an issue to get to a point where the series can tie things off and create a decent ending to this series.

Also rumors about bringing Rick and possibly Michonne back to tie this off. Who knows. There was also talk of an off shoot that would be more about Carol and Daryl. Problem is is there is a bit of a saturation with Fear the Walking Dead and the other show Walking Dead: World Beyond. So with another spin off, I wonder how good it will be.

I am a fan from the start, so I will continue to forge through to the end. It's not horrible, but so far, but I am not super impressed either. Guess we will see if it ramps up.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
I've been a fan from the get go. Yeah it has some weak spots and lame parts, but I think the show took a turn when (Andrew Lincoln) aka Rick decided to leave the show due to his family being in England and being so far away from his family and small children. I know they mentioned some movies to be centered around Lincoln's character expected to be in production, but haven't heard if that will be the case.

I think AMC didn't expect the drop in viewing or inability to create new material. So far, they have not deviated a lot from the storyline overall. Although, the writer of the comics, I believe Robert Kirkman has discontinued the series and has written the storyline off. So, with his choice to do so, it has created a bit of an issue to get to a point where the series can tie things off and create a decent ending to this series.

Also rumors about bringing Rick and possibly Michonne back to tie this off. Who knows. There was also talk of an off shoot that would be more about Carol and Daryl. Problem is is there is a bit of a saturation with Fear the Walking Dead and the other show Walking Dead: World Beyond. So with another spin off, I wonder how good it will be.

I am a fan from the start, so I will continue to forge through to the end. It's not horrible, but so far, but I am not super impressed either. Guess we will see if it ramps up.

Yea man, same here with me. There have been some God-Awful seasons, but i've invested too much time into it to quit now. It sucked when Rick left. That said however, that season, season 9, was possibly one of the best seasons since the first couple of seasons. I thought it was going to bomb big-time, but it was awesome. They did a great job on the horror feeling introducing the Whisperers as well. It absolutely rocked the whole season. Then season 10 bombed in my opinion. There have always been good episodes in each season, but in whole, most seasons really fell short from what they should have.

There has been so many problems with the show...

1) Boring dialect the whole show, then a 5 minute kickass ending with a cliff-hanger.
2) Losing key, core group members,
3) Too many people in each episode, which thins out the characters we like to see.
4) I just can't get into any of the new members....no bonding to their characters.
5) They are forcing the PC too much. It's always been a diverse-rich show, which is cool, but they are forcing it too much now to please the LGBTQ era crowds. Like every couple has to be inter-racial, half the people are gay of sort, and all the leaders have to be women I guess....like that would even happen in real life.
6) Bad writing.
7) Bad editing....like shooting someone 10 feet away and missing, yet never missing 100 yards away with an arrow. Multiple ammo in guns, lol.

There is a lot more like what direction are they going to go with Negan?

I read that Andy Lincoln wished he had never left the show afterward. He said he made a wrong decision. I can't wait for his movies, they better be written well after all this waiting time.

FEAR is okay, but not great. They have had some great episodes, but some of the seasons of late have been stupidly written and just dragged on....no action or real interest in their boring dialect between characters. I do like some of the characters, and I would hope they meet-up at some point with the people from TWD.

World Beyond.....you want to talk about the absolute worse show of all-time, this is it....it's absolutely fukking dumb! I sat through all the episodes, made myself do it, just for the purpose to see how it ties into TWD and the final seasons. It was harsh....and i definitely had to DVR it. My kids and wife couldn't even watch it. I can't see how this show even made it for a second season to be honest...it was that bad.

So i'm stuck where we are now.....putting in 10+ years and seasons of TWD and a little more than half that for FEAR.....to get to this final season. So I hope it ends good, if not, these writers, producers, and directors need to be hung!

TWD was the BEST show ever for the first couple of seasons it was on....it was that good and unique.

I

Iron1

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2021
TWD was the BEST show ever for the first couple of seasons it was on....it was that good and unique.

I couldn't agree more.

Shows that become wildly popular become prisoners of their own devices. In early seasons, writers have more creativity to throw things at the wall and see what sticks without much fear of upsetting their relatively low fan base. As the show grows in popularity, people come to expect certain things which pigeon hole writers into writing fewer and fewer twists and turns.

I used to like TWD in the first few seasons but after a while, it began following a fairly predictable formula. Maybe it's different in the latter seasons but the middle few were too predictable for me. Wondering what will happen and how it will all conclude as a season progresses keeps viewers coming back to find out. Like many shows, once you have a fairly good idea of what will happen, it's hard (for me at least) to maintain interest. I hope that they give TWD a proper ending no matter which direction they choose to take it. Too many long running series fizzle out without ever providing any sense of closure.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
Yea man, same here with me. There have been some God-Awful seasons, but i've invested too much time into it to quit now. It sucked when Rick left. That said however, that season, season 9, was possibly one of the best seasons since the first couple of seasons. I thought it was going to bomb big-time, but it was awesome. They did a great job on the horror feeling introducing the Whisperers as well. It absolutely rocked the whole season. Then season 10 bombed in my opinion. There have always been good episodes in each season, but in whole, most seasons really fell short from what they should have.

There has been so many problems with the show...

1) Boring dialect the whole show, then a 5 minute kickass ending with a cliff-hanger.
2) Losing key, core group members,
3) Too many people in each episode, which thins out the characters we like to see.
4) I just can't get into any of the new members....no bonding to their characters.
5) They are forcing the PC too much. It's always been a diverse-rich show, which is cool, but they are forcing it too much now to please the LGBTQ era crowds. Like every couple has to be inter-racial, half the people are gay of sort, and all the leaders have to be women I guess....like that would even happen in real life.
6) Bad writing.
7) Bad editing....like shooting someone 10 feet away and missing, yet never missing 100 yards away with an arrow. Multiple ammo in guns, lol.

There is a lot more like what direction are they going to go with Negan?

I read that Andy Lincoln wished he had never left the show afterward. He said he made a wrong decision. I can't wait for his movies, they better be written well after all this waiting time.

FEAR is okay, but not great. They have had some great episodes, but some of the seasons of late have been stupidly written and just dragged on....no action or real interest in their boring dialect between characters. I do like some of the characters, and I would hope they meet-up at some point with the people from TWD.

World Beyond.....you want to talk about the absolute worse show of all-time, this is it....it's absolutely fukking dumb! I sat through all the episodes, made myself do it, just for the purpose to see how it ties into TWD and the final seasons. It was harsh....and i definitely had to DVR it. My kids and wife couldn't even watch it. I can't see how this show even made it for a second season to be honest...it was that bad.

So i'm stuck where we are now.....putting in 10+ years and seasons of TWD and a little more than half that for FEAR.....to get to this final season. So I hope it ends good, if not, these writers, producers, and directors need to be hung!

I think when they switched directors to Angela Kang, it was the hope it would spice up some of the episodes. Overall, I mean she has added a little zing to certain episodes. The Whisperers was pretty bad ass. I think one of the bigger issues as you alluded to, it seems that at the end of each season, they are rushed to tie up all the loose ends and have this big finale along with usually a cliffhanger.

You're also right, the development of characters has been lacking since Season 1 and 2. Part of the intrigue to the show was you see the growth and development of all these characters and then BAM! They kill off one of characters you just got to know and actually like. It seems now, one, they have killed off several of the main characters and two, have yet to develop any characters for the viewer to invest in.

Glenn was such a "Holy shit" moment when Negan made his head into scrambled eggs. In fact, they caught a lot of shit for that by many for the graphic scenes and situation by the PC Police. I mean for fucksake it is a zombie series! But you definitely can see the PC flavor in the series with interracial relationships and etc. To me, yeah it kinda seemed over the top and unnecessary, but whatever.

Jeffery Dean Morgan (Negan) was a bad ass character that people just loved. I would say he really has been the best villian. They have worked hard to almost soften his image or explain why Negan was Negan. This new Negan kinda has me scratching my head. Is it that he has reformed and been reprogrammed due to his imprisonment? Or has he show lost their edge to have Negan be Negan? So far, I have seen glimpses of his old self, but right now this Maggie/Negan thing is kinda growing old.

What gets lost in translation is Rick's group killed several of Negan's group prior to the whole Lucille/Glenn execution. So this whole Negan being this cold blooded crazed psycho kinda looses steam. Especially the way he is portrayed now.

They need Rick! Daryl's character is not that guy. Is Daryl a bad ass. Damn straight. But he is too antisocial and in ways a bit of a simpleton. I just don't think they could ever develop him into that guy. Carol is such a conflicted soul. I'm kinda growing tired of it. And really Maggie's character took a hit when she left to do another show. I just don't think she will ever regain that status.

The other fear I have is with the comics abruptly being written off. There is so much to cover. The Commonwealth. The new enemy. Development or resolution of characters. I worry they will be sloppy or really not do a thorough job in completing (for the most part) awesome series. Or even more, give you a Game of Thrones style of ending that leaves about a million questions and leaves you blue balled and frustrated.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
I think when they switched directors to Angela Kang, it was the hope it would spice up some of the episodes. Overall, I mean she has added a little zing to certain episodes. The Whisperers was pretty bad ass. I think one of the bigger issues as you alluded to, it seems that at the end of each season, they are rushed to tie up all the loose ends and have this big finale along with usually a cliffhanger.

You're also right, the development of characters has been lacking since Season 1 and 2. Part of the intrigue to the show was you see the growth and development of all these characters and then BAM! They kill off one of characters you just got to know and actually like. It seems now, one, they have killed off several of the main characters and two, have yet to develop any characters for the viewer to invest in.

Glenn was such a "Holy shit" moment when Negan made his head into scrambled eggs. In fact, they caught a lot of shit for that by many for the graphic scenes and situation by the PC Police. I mean for fucksake it is a zombie series! But you definitely can see the PC flavor in the series with interracial relationships and etc. To me, yeah it kinda seemed over the top and unnecessary, but whatever.

Jeffery Dean Morgan (Negan) was a bad ass character that people just loved. I would say he really has been the best villian. They have worked hard to almost soften his image or explain why Negan was Negan. This new Negan kinda has me scratching my head. Is it that he has reformed and been reprogrammed due to his imprisonment? Or has he show lost their edge to have Negan be Negan? So far, I have seen glimpses of his old self, but right now this Maggie/Negan thing is kinda growing old.

What gets lost in translation is Rick's group killed several of Negan's group prior to the whole Lucille/Glenn execution. So this whole Negan being this cold blooded crazed psycho kinda looses steam. Especially the way he is portrayed now.

They need Rick! Daryl's character is not that guy. Is Daryl a bad ass. Damn straight. But he is too antisocial and in ways a bit of a simpleton. I just don't think they could ever develop him into that guy. Carol is such a conflicted soul. I'm kinda growing tired of it. And really Maggie's character took a hit when she left to do another show. I just don't think she will ever regain that status.

The other fear I have is with the comics abruptly being written off. There is so much to cover. The Commonwealth. The new enemy. Development or resolution of characters. I worry they will be sloppy or really not do a thorough job in completing (for the most part) awesome series. Or even more, give you a Game of Thrones style of ending that leaves about a million questions and leaves you blue balled and frustrated.

You pretty much nailed it bud, I agree with all of it.

I knew it would not carry it's luster after the first few seasons, for reasons you explained. I was fine with it dropping a notch or two down, but they really lost it in a ton of episodes, and a few seasons. I was not expecting it to drop so far, I had adjusted to it not being perfect and was fine with it at those levels, but I am at a point i just want a good final season and ending. I could watch it for another 10 years if they made them decent with good/different twists here and there, but the PC stuff just makes me shake my head. I fear what you wrote in your last paragraph....I hope they can wrap it all up after creating so many involved situations.

I like Negan as well. I think they could have cut back the whole Rick's group vs Negan's group fighting a good half season, I felt it went a little too long. I think they got sloppy during a lot of that. I never read the comics as to not ruin the series, even though it was only loosely followed. At the end of the of it, I wanted Rick to kill Negan and thought it was retarded that they let him live. Their reasoning was dumb to me. That said, JDM was tailor-made for this part, and he nailed it. When they kept him around, I couldn't stand him, but then he grew on me. I just wish they would make up their mind on his direction....maybe they have and i'm just being too quick to critique it, lol. It's like he did so good at acting for me to hate him, I wanted him gone.....then he did so good at acting I liked him. It seems they go back and forth on what they want him to be, and it frustrates me because I don't want to hate him again after they tried so hard to make him likeable, lol. I think in the comics he just sort of went his own way and faded out? It's hard to just fade-out a character on a TV show after they have been a main character.

Daryl is definitely not a leader, he's more of an asset character to have on your side. He can lead a small group, but a main leader he is too simplified and a loner. I agree with Carol's character. They keep jacking her character up, and I hate it because she is one of my favorites on the show. I never thought she'd have made it this far, but she had some badass episodes and seasons. I just wish they'd calm down on her mental breakdown issues. I do like Jerry as one of the newer characters...but most of the newer ones are just 'meh' to me. I like the little girl who plays Judith too, she does a good job given her age.

I guess my main concern over many of the years is that the writing has me shake my head. They make dumb decisions and i'm like "why did they do this and not this?" The first couple of seasons they made well thought out decisions, per the writing and acting, and even though things weren't certain to go their way....it didn't seem like it was just thrown together without any thought along with cheesy fight scenes and actors who I have no connection with. They lost that path along the way. Stuff they do now doesn't always make sense. They never made those mistakes for many of the first couple of seasons.

Oh, and I agree with Rick's team drawing first blood to Negan's team. It's funny when you look back at that, and how it worked out in Negan's favor to do his thing. I think he would have drew first blood at some point regardless....but he didn't and he was able to use that to his advantage. lol.

Man, I remember for the first several seasons, this show was all I could think of during the week. I felt like a big goofy kid that felt like every week was created for Sunday that it would come on. I had a ritual every week cooking food, dessert, taking a shower, getting the kids ready, dim the lights, and sit down with the family and watch a kickass show. We had a strong bond with the characters, despite there being a chance that anybody could die at any point. The fight scenes were badass, and everything was new, like we've never seen before, at least up to that point. To me, the original group was one of the best ever. Even a boring, less active show was still kickass.

I've made this too long again, lol, but I just want my favorite show of old to finish strong!:)

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Oh, and I always loved when it would start in October around Halloween time. It helped set the mood for the the show and the holiday....they complimented each other!!!:cool:

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
You pretty much nailed it bud, I agree with all of it.

I knew it would not carry it's luster after the first few seasons, for reasons you explained. I was fine with it dropping a notch or two down, but they really lost it in a ton of episodes, and a few seasons. I was not expecting it to drop so far, I had adjusted to it not being perfect and was fine with it at those levels, but I am at a point i just want a good final season and ending. I could watch it for another 10 years if they made them decent with good/different twists here and there, but the PC stuff just makes me shake my head. I fear what you wrote in your last paragraph....I hope they can wrap it all up after creating so many involved situations.

I like Negan as well. I think they could have cut back the whole Rick's group vs Negan's group fighting a good half season, I felt it went a little too long. I think they got sloppy during a lot of that. I never read the comics as to not ruin the series, even though it was only loosely followed. At the end of the of it, I wanted Rick to kill Negan and thought it was retarded that they let him live. Their reasoning was dumb to me. That said, JDM was tailor-made for this part, and he nailed it. When they kept him around, I couldn't stand him, but then he grew on me. I just wish they would make up their mind on his direction....maybe they have and i'm just being too quick to critique it, lol. It's like he did so good at acting for me to hate him, I wanted him gone.....then he did so good at acting I liked him. It seems they go back and forth on what they want him to be, and it frustrates me because I don't want to hate him again after they tried so hard to make him likeable, lol. I think in the comics he just sort of went his own way and faded out? It's hard to just fade-out a character on a TV show after they have been a main character.

Daryl is definitely not a leader, he's more of an asset character to have on your side. He can lead a small group, but a main leader he is too simplified and a loner. I agree with Carol's character. They keep jacking her character up, and I hate it because she is one of my favorites on the show. I never thought she'd have made it this far, but she had some badass episodes and seasons. I just wish they'd calm down on her mental breakdown issues. I do like Jerry as one of the newer characters...but most of the newer ones are just 'meh' to me. I like the little girl who plays Judith too, she does a good job given her age.

I guess my main concern over many of the years is that the writing has me shake my head. They make dumb decisions and i'm like "why did they do this and not this?" The first couple of seasons they made well thought out decisions, per the writing and acting, and even though things weren't certain to go their way....it didn't seem like it was just thrown together without any thought along with cheesy fight scenes and actors who I have no connection with. They lost that path along the way. Stuff they do now doesn't always make sense. They never made those mistakes for many of the first couple of seasons.

Oh, and I agree with Rick's team drawing first blood to Negan's team. It's funny when you look back at that, and how it worked out in Negan's favor to do his thing. I think he would have drew first blood at some point regardless....but he didn't and he was able to use that to his advantage. lol.

Man, I remember for the first several seasons, this show was all I could think of during the week. I felt like a big goofy kid that felt like every week was created for Sunday that it would come on. I had a ritual every week cooking food, dessert, taking a shower, getting the kids ready, dim the lights, and sit down with the family and watch a kickass show. We had a strong bond with the characters, despite there being a chance that anybody could die at any point. The fight scenes were badass, and everything was new, like we've never seen before, at least up to that point. To me, the original group was one of the best ever. Even a boring, less active show was still kickass.

I've made this too long again, lol, but I just want my favorite show of old to finish strong!:)
You’re spot on! Nailed it. I feel the same way, brother! I’m wishing and hoping they do a good job in wrapping this up so at minimum I can at least be at peace. Lol.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic