Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

the mental transition

mrsr05

mrsr05

TID Lady Member
Apr 12, 2012
of coming off this past cycle is really messing with my head.... i havent been completely off in over 2 years...
whether it was that i was on var or winny or on a heavier course of supplements...

i am terrified of getting fat.. i am terrifiedof falling out of shape.. i am terrified of getting soft.... i know how unrealistic
these issues are provided i continue to do my part but i before i started training, i was the chubby girl... ALWAYS.. and the
memory of that haunts me....

i also know that my body needs a rest... i know my skin needs a rest...i know my insides need a rest.... ive sacrificed
some of my femininity to be a fbb...i have loved the result but i need to let my body equalize its hormone levels, blood levels
etc....

i am getting so depressed....grrrrrrrrrrrr ......

rant over...thanks for letting me purge...

i am off to take a nice hot bath with candles burning, van morrison in the background, and a glass of shiraz to hopefully wash
away the ugly thoughts paralyzing my psyche!!

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
Im sorry it's getting to you so much....I can identify on a small level, Ive only done a few cycles now, but hate to be off because I just feel better on....and love how much harder I look....

But....it is good to let your body rest....so try to hang in there over the hump....it will get better soon <<<hugs>>>

mrsr05

mrsr05

TID Lady Member
Apr 12, 2012
thanks shan...i actually have been jonesing since the day after the easterns.... you look so fricken good on stage and then one glass of water later...poof you see the difference....

im trying to hold on but definitely feeling undone... feel so chubbs.. so out of shape... and this is just the beginning...

fuck i need a shot of tequila

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
One way of looking at it is exercising your diet & training for your goals - if it means going to a lighter lifting schedule, maybe a focus on some higher rep stuff - consider it a scheduled deloading phase. Look at your diet and optimize for good maintenance levels. Maybe look at it like a lean gains approach.

I know for myself I lose my direction when I don't have a specific goal & program to follow, so setting up a specific goal and a way to get there helps. But it means you're doing it from the direction of say, cleaning out your system after a high protein, restricted variety diet - maybe go to a detox diet or paleo-type diet for a week or a month or whatever. Change up your training to super sets - maybe something like a Poliquin German Body Comp. Whatever. But something that has a purpose and doesn't make you feel like you're just doing whatever pansy-ass because you don't have the strength or recovery that you are used to. One of the biggest secrets to successful longevity in this sport is finding a method of "active recovery" that allows you to keep going big by scheduling some functional recovery time.

mrsr05

mrsr05

TID Lady Member
Apr 12, 2012
sassy, is it too soon to tell you i love you? :) thanks for the response... you are right i too always need a goal or i go to shit mentally... like i had mentioned to you, even though i have been in the sport for over 20 years, its only the past few that i have been experimenting .... it has changed my whole perspective so now i need to get back to basics and do what i did for years before enhancement... it worked then, it can work again!

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
sassy, is it too soon to tell you i love you? :) thanks for the response... you are right i too always need a goal or i go to shit mentally... like i had mentioned to you, even though i have been in the sport for over 20 years, its only the past few that i have been experimenting .... it has changed my whole perspective so now i need to get back to basics and do what i did for years before enhancement... it worked then, it can work again!

You get it! And you'll get it again :) Always remember the supplements are only ever going to be a supplement to an already functioning, persistent and consistent diet & training program. That's always what makes up the environment your body is responding to. It was always there - never left. There's some consideration for the non-supported recovery and all that, but also your body is operating w/o the additional stress of stuff like elevated cholesterol, blood pressure, kidneys, liver stuff. Its less apparent but its still your body conditioning itself to operate efficiently.

I agree the mental aspect of it is different, but its like switching from 5x5 to DC training - its just a different path to a goal, just different structured approaches to varied goals. It might take a little bit of experimentation to find out what you "like" in this different approach, but then just do it and sit back and watch how your body responds. I'd venture that after this many years of heavy wear & tear, now is also a great time to look at things like your flexibility, yorur mobility, your functional strength, etc. Its different for sure, but its another dimension of "phsyique" that becomes more important after years of same type of stress on your body and also gives you the bridge & recovery time before another push in the BB arena. I dunno - just lots of directions to take it when your usual direction isn't necessarily available or as enjoyable in the way that you want it to be. Trust me, the weights will always be there waiting for you :)

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic