hugerobb

VIP Strength Advisor
Sep 15, 2010
my mental aspect of training is listening too hard rock and just doing it

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
interesting thoughts. not sure i agree entirely but i do agree that our mental approach has a huge influence on how everything goes!

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
It is a good perspective he has. All too often I have failed because my mind wasnt in it 100%.Around competition time I get way way too mental

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Mar 31, 2011
Nice little write up RR. Always enjoyed reading Tate's thoughts and opinions.

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
my mental aspect of training is listening too hard rock and just doing it

Sometimes techno, sometimes hatebreed, but yup, it works...

The placebo effect, it is documented to work, the 'why' of it seems to be belief.

Thanks RR!

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I think that is a very good article. One of my favorite quotes I use is; what the mind believes, the achieves. Get your mind right.

The mental aspect when it comes to lifting, dieting, etc is larger than what most people give it credit for imo.

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
Its all mind over matter..I found this out about 5 years into my lifting...So i began putting this mental picture within my mind of how i was going to perform a lift..I would lay in bed at night and visualize myself tackleing the lift...This became a big part of my training process...i feel it has helpme out big time....Once u master this it becomes secound nature...and the more detail u become in your mental picture,Detail is everything..How u going to perform the lift...what approach your going to take..How your going to place yourself under the lift...It does give u the edge because its like practicing wile your restting....But your telling your mind what to do....This process i feel is very nessary in becoming a good lifter...I started useing this approach back in 1985...till now...dw

SS/DV

SS/DV

Jan 19, 2011
I'm laughing because I'd doing exactly what he did. I've been stuck in the mid 230's for 6 weeks now. Eating 900-1900 cals daily, cardio 3xweek and bulk work. Then my coach said he thought I'd get below 233 one week, bang, 232. This morning I'm at 230. If anyone anywhere understands the power of mind over matter it should be me, but I mind-screwed myself into a hole. (Again.)

goldy

goldy

Chutzpah VIP
Jan 17, 2011
Its all mind over matter..I found this out about 5 years into my lifting...So i began putting this mental picture within my mind of how i was going to perform a lift..I would lay in bed at night and visualize myself tackleing the lift...This became a big part of my training process...i feel it has helpme out big time....Once u master this it becomes secound nature...and the more detail u become in your mental picture,Detail is everything..How u going to perform the lift...what approach your going to take..How your going to place yourself under the lift...It does give u the edge because its like practicing wile your restting....But your telling your mind what to do....This process i feel is very nessary in becoming a good lifter...I started useing this approach back in 1985...till now...dw
Along those lines i do the same sort of thing. Before i start my lift i visualize the muscle and what it will be doing. during the lift i become one with the muscle picturing it contract and projecting how i want it to look.....i become one with my muscles when i lift. and just when i think i cant bang out my last rep, i reach deep deep down inside and bang that fucker out...i do fail sometimes, nothing like being on a bench with wieght crushing your chest for 3 seconds while you get the balls up to push it back out.

fixxer

fixxer

MuscleHead
Dec 15, 2010
If your heads not totally in the game you're just going through the motions

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic