Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism

the mental aspect of training heavy

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
Cool to see this come up again........ I just hit a big PR in my last meet and thought my left forearm was going to break on the way up. It got bad at lockout but I held it to make the lift......... now, a week later I still can't hold a 225 deadlift because the forearm pain is so bad...... but, I made the top 20 all time list for multi ply and it was worth it... LOL

The tough thing now, after rehabbing my bench from a few injuries and coming back is I need to start rehabbing my knee to squat big again. The mental side of heavy weights is always tough after an injury..... "is this pain normal or am I going to do more damage?" is the toughest mind game yet.

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
Cool to see this come up again........ I just hit a big PR in my last meet and thought my left forearm was going to break on the way up. It got bad at lockout but I held it to make the lift......... now, a week later I still can't hold a 225 deadlift because the forearm pain is so bad...... but, I made the top 20 all time list for multi ply and it was worth it... LOL

The tough thing now, after rehabbing my bench from a few injuries and coming back is I need to start rehabbing my knee to squat big again. The mental side of heavy weights is always tough after an injury..... "is this pain normal or am I going to do more damage?" is the toughest mind game yet.

Yes!!! Congrats on your PR brother!!! That is really incredible!!!

I tore my pec benching then started rehabbing and went back up to the 315 it tore at and it tore again.

So now I'm taking it slow. But it is so mental. I just thinking with every set: here we go. Its going to tear again :(

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic