Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

The Homeless crisis

HardManifest

HardManifest

MuscleHead
Nov 21, 2022
All more examples of valid reason to be anti-establishment.
Never ceases to amaze me the depths of excuses and justifications as argument for why we NEED gov’t :rolleyes:
It's b/c the same folks that make policy are making jobs for themselves, pensions, gifts, and eventually exit as millionaires thanks to the lobbyist handouts. It has been a scam since the beginning of its creation.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
It's b/c the same folks that make policy are making jobs for themselves, pensions, gifts, and eventually exit as millionaires thanks to the lobbyist handouts. It has been a scam since the beginning of its creation.
And….. which admins (and politicians) have truly never done that?
The entire governmental construct is a criminal syndicate — Always has been.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
lets not forget who actually are the drug runners and arm dealers. They all start with a three letter agency. no secret.
Of course. There are no legitimate (ethical, moral….) alphabet agencies.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
What's messed up is there is funding and assistance for the homeless in my state. I was shocked when i toured one of the homeless shelters in my city. State of the art computer lab. Clothing provided for interviews and etc. A good portion of the food is donated by several restaurants along with goods to make meals. They have a cell phone provider that provides phones that can be reloaded with minutes every month as long as they check in monthly.

Granted the housing accommodations are not the best, but they are out of the cold. They do have a 90 day limit on one's stay and they have to be out. I'm always baffled when I see people "time out" and it's cold. You would think that they would be out and about in the warmer months and utilize their 90 days in the colder months. Of course, in extreme weather, they waive it anyway.

Not that it is ideal. But I do say there are many measures taken to help the homeless better themselves. I think sometimes it's more of a choice than we are lead to believe. So, that tends for me to have a bit more of cynical stance on the homeless. Although, I've seen people fall on hard times too.
Exactly! Yes there are many that lost their job or couldn’t pay their rent or whatever but those people aren’t going to just give up. They won’t be homeless that long. The ones that stay homeless have a mental illness or drug addiction(same thing imo).

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
All more examples of valid reason to be anti-establishment.
Never ceases to amaze me the depths of excuses and justifications as argument for why we NEED gov’t :rolleyes:
Power to The People! At least the state. Federal govt needs to F them selves. Vote RED! Haha

HardManifest

HardManifest

MuscleHead
Nov 21, 2022
if lobbyist were outlawed we wouldnt see all the weird shit happening.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
lets not forget who actually are the drug runners and arm dealers. They all start with a three letter agency. no secret.
I was in South America off and on during the Reagan years and we were sent in to blow up labs that we had scouted out before hand.
Some of them were passed over on purpose even though we risked our asses getting close in to gather intel on them, drones were in use but not anything as widespread as today and the vegetation was usually triple canopy on purpose.
Anyway we had these HUGE Sea bags full of processed cocaine and some with cash that weighed so much they were a 2 handed lift and strain to carry them any distance but we were ordered to clear a landing zone in the jungle which we did as fast as possible with HE's . ( we knew this was going to tell the whole fucking World we were there as usually we blew shit up as we were exfiltrating.
2 birds landed and guys in plain clothes with nice haircuts loaded the bags and flew off leaving us to GTFO before the Cartels shooters showed up, or should I say Noriegas boys..lol
Suffice to say we all KNEW who the guys with new khakis and nice haircuts were.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
I was in South America off and on during the Reagan years and we were sent in to blow up labs that we had scouted out before hand.
Some of them were passed over on purpose even though we risked our asses getting close in to gather intel on them, drones were in use but not anything as widespread as today and the vegetation was usually triple canopy on purpose.
Anyway we had these HUGE Sea bags full of processed cocaine and some with cash that weighed so much they were a 2 handed lift and strain to carry them any distance but we were ordered to clear a landing zone in the jungle which we did as fast as possible with HE's . ( we knew this was going to tell the whole fucking World we were there as usually we blew shit up as we were exfiltrating.
2 birds landed and guys in plain clothes with nice haircuts loaded the bags and flew off leaving us to GTFO before the Cartels shooters showed up, or should I say Noriegas boys..lol
Suffice to say we all KNEW who the guys with new khakis and nice haircuts were.
Hey, I think THE RANGER was down there around the same time (South America).

Fukk, I miss that guy, such a riot. I hope he is still living....we need a Ranger poem!!! lol.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
My first solution was a hunting season for them but that is not very nice.

Part of my job is to deal with homeless solutions and mediation between businesses and residents and homeless folk. Funny how the cops pawned that off on us who are not peace officers in the last 4 years.

I can tell you this, they contribute nothing to a community and where ever there are homeless there is more crime and trash, so much trash. Most homelessness is due to addiction and/or mental illness in my experience. We have a church that gives them tents and cases of water and such. The tents have become consumables. When we ask them to move, they leave their tent and 500 water and beer bottles, fast food wrappers and such.

I have no solution, but it is a problem, most of these are useless humans. Callous? yes, but true.

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
Anytime you subsidize something you get more of it. Want more homeless people? Start spending money on them.

If a homeless shoplifts, that’s a theft, and punish it as a theft. It’s no excuse or mitigator that the person was homeless. If a homeless is trespassing, arrest them for trespass. No license to violate other people’s property rights just because you’re homeless.

If you want to eliminate homelessness, make it less attractive to be homeless. But don’t tax and spend me to the point I lose my home and think you are doing anything to help the problem.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic