Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

The Homeless crisis

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
Homeless is such a nice term for government funded professional addicts.

Remember people, alcohol is also a drug.

Give them an apartment, they move into the street and 'rent' their tax payer paid apartment for drug money.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
Homeless is such a nice term for government funded professional addicts.

Remember people, alcohol is also a drug.

Give them an apartment, they move into the street and 'rent' their tax payer paid apartment for drug money.
No one said they were dumb! Lol

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
Some very interesting stats here regarding homeless deaths in what is considered a "wealthy" county. Fentanyl for the win.

The only way they are going to fix the fentanyl problem is by making drugs legal. If an addict can get a prescription for oxy or heroin and use pharmacy grade drugs it will shut down the cartel. But that will never happen. It’s highly probable this country hasn’t gone bankrupt because we’re paid off by the Cartel. Just my thoughts. Wouldn’t be surprised. I mean shit. Between Covid and fentanyl one might think there’s a conspiracy to depopulate the country/ world. And rumors of “A Great Reset”, we are probably just pawns getting screwed up the ass because powerful people want to save the planet. Too bad they can’t create a virus or drug that only kills The Right. Lol

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
Who would think that allowing them to congregate in one place with unfettered access to drugs would lead to drug users who find themselves homeless to flock there? LA is a different situation to any other city. The homeless are the symptom, Californians are the disease. When you said "we bear responsibility" yes you do. I however do not. You still live in a city that does not have enough housing for its residents. You choose to still live there despite the fact that you could leave and have more disposable income. People are supposed to migrate to where you have optimal access to resources. Californians uniquely all hail from a lineage that has followed a gold rush and didn't move on when the gold ran dry.

There's already well documented solutions to the drug problem. Switzerland's model took 20 years to completely solve their drug crisis from the day they decided to transition from criminalization to treatment. Oddly in the US the camps seem to be authoritarian or anarchist in terms of drug policy. Both of which are well documented as abject failures in terms of policy.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
Are “homeless” now the only ones (or even a majority) using and dying from drug use?
Not by a long shot

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Who would think that allowing them to congregate in one place with unfettered access to drugs would lead to drug users who find themselves homeless to flock there? LA is a different situation to any other city. The homeless are the symptom, Californians are the disease. When you said "we bear responsibility" yes you do. I however do not. You still live in a city that does not have enough housing for its residents. You choose to still live there despite the fact that you could leave and have more disposable income. People are supposed to migrate to where you have optimal access to resources. Californians uniquely all hail from a lineage that has followed a gold rush and didn't move on when the gold ran dry.

There's already well documented solutions to the drug problem. Switzerland's model took 20 years to completely solve their drug crisis from the day they decided to transition from criminalization to treatment. Oddly in the US the camps seem to be authoritarian or anarchist in terms of drug policy. Both of which are well documented as abject failures in terms of policy.

yep check out Portugal's solution. Addictions dropped by 1/2.

As long as the Pharma lobby owns our gov we will not get any change.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
I have mixed feelings about homelessness heroin and fentanyl. I want to help the mentally ill but I'm more of a social Darwinist with drug addicts. If you want to roll the dice with Opiates...make your bed and lie in it. The dilemma is from the reality that MANY drug addicts are "dual diagnosis" and are self-medicating away mental health issues with street drugs instead of therapy or psychopharmacology.

The AMA reports that 1 in 3 with mental health issues will also have substance abuse history.

Last edited:
testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
Not just specific to drug use — But this doctor and homeless aid is one of the overall best I’ve seen in his balanced humanitarian mindset and approach to homelessness. He’s tapped in to a highly principled nature. “I” believe that this is the very character necessary for the potential of alleviating the homeless crisis. We need a far more humanitarian connection rather than the judgmental and arms length distancing and hatred in heart that currently exits.
To alleviate homelessness, WE need an improved culture at large:

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
Instead of virture signaling here on TID with the 'oh poor tem, I feel so bad" BS. Invite a 'homeless' person into your home and stop insisting we all pay to keep them loaded and shitting on the sidewalk.

Housing them has already failed, they wreck the place, rent it to hookers or trade their dope dealer for the place and they move back under a bridge.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
Yea, I'd like to amend my previous softer stance. Fuck them all.

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
I have the solution for the homeless. I laid this plan out several years ago amongst friends and although it sounds crazy it is truly a win/win from all sides.

Ok now hear me out.

Round up homeless with the promise of X (whatever they want), sedate them, stack them up in giant warehouses and while they are in a medically controlled "coma" they detox and once they are detoxed we keep the "alive" just enough to be an endless source of blood donation, organ transplant donors, testing of pharmaceuticals (better than on rats). Once they have been used up cremate them.

Yes, many are beyond any viable blood and/or organ donation health so those are used for medical testing then ground up and used as fertilizer or fish food or ???

Look I work my ass off, my wife and I both do and we lost our home last year (some might remember my post a while back) and we have not turned to drugs, we still work hard, we still shower every day, we don't blame anyone for our bad luck and we DON'T TAKE ANY HANDOUTS!!

Being homeless may not always be a "choice" but what you do once you find yourself in that situation only you can get yourself out of it or at the very least don't be dregs of society

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic