Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

The Harmful Side Effects of Whey Protein

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
When I see "DO MORE DAIRY FREE" I automatically quit reading. Just more BS from a group that has an agenda they are pushing. Dairy FREE? Shit I drink 2 gallons of milk each week.

Snachito1

Snachito1

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2018
When I see "DO MORE DAIRY FREE" I automatically quit reading. Just more BS from a group that has an agenda they are pushing. Dairy FREE? Shit I drink 2 gallons of milk each week.
Ohh man I WISH I could drink milk like you BT!! I drink 8oz I'm fine, but I go 10oz or above and I'm on the toilet for a good while!!

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Efficacy and Safety of Whey Protein Supplements on Vital Sign and Physical Performance Among Athletes: A Network Meta-Analysis (nih.gov)
Conclusion: The findings of this review support the efficacy and safety of WPS as an ergogenic aid on athletes' sports performance and recovery. The overall quality of clinical evidence was found to be valid and reliable from the comprehensive search strategy and ROB assessment.

Ingestion of casein and whey proteins result in muscle anabolism after resistance exercise - PubMed (nih.gov)
Conclusions: Acute ingestion of both WH and CS after exercise resulted in similar increases in muscle protein net balance, resulting in net muscle protein synthesis despite different patterns of blood amino acid responses.

Supplemental protein in support of muscle mass and health: advantage whey - PubMed (nih.gov)
Skeletal muscle is an integral body tissue playing key roles in strength, performance, physical function, and metabolic regulation. It is essential for athletes to ensure that they have optimal amounts of muscle mass to ensure peak performance in their given sport. However, the role of maintaining muscle mass during weight loss and as we age is an emerging concept, having implications in chronic disease prevention, functional capacity, and quality of life. Higher-protein diets have been shown to: (1) promote gains in muscle mass, especially when paired with resistance training; (2) spare muscle mass loss during caloric restriction; and (3) attenuate the natural loss of muscle mass that accompanies aging. Protein quality is important to the gain and maintenance of muscle mass. Protein quality is a function of protein digestibility, amino acid content, and the resulting amino acid availability to support metabolic function. Whey protein is one of the highest-quality proteins given its amino acid content (high essential, branched-chain, and leucine amino acid content) and rapid digestibility. Consumption of whey protein has a robust ability to stimulate muscle protein synthesis. In fact, whey protein has been found to stimulate muscle protein synthesis to a greater degree than other proteins such as casein and soy. This review examines the existing data supporting the role for protein consumption, with an emphasis on whey protein, in the regulation of muscle mass and body composition in response to resistance training, caloric restriction, and aging.

Therapeutic applications of whey protein - PubMed (nih.gov)
Whey, a protein complex derived from milk, is being touted as a functional food with a number of health benefits. The biological components of whey, including lactoferrin, beta-lactoglobulin, alpha-lactalbumin, glycomacropeptide, and immunoglobulins, demonstrate a range of immune-enhancing properties. In addition, whey has the ability to act as an antioxidant, antihypertensive, antitumor, hypolipidemic, antiviral, antibacterial, and chelating agent. The primary mechanism by which whey is thought to exert its effects is by intracellular conversion of the amino acid cysteine to glutathione, a potent intracellular antioxidant. A number of clinical trials have successfully been performed using whey in the treatment of cancer, HIV, hepatitis B, cardiovascular disease, osteoporosis, and as an antimicrobial agent. Whey protein has also exhibited benefit in the arena of exercise performance and enhancement.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
I’m lactose free for the most part. I’ll cheat here and there but I pay for it. Not truly lactose intolerant according to an allergy test but I’ll be damned if I don’t tolerate it well. Fairlife is a brand that makes lactose free milk that’s higher in protein and lower in sugar than your average milk as well. Doesn’t blow me up at all, even by the half gallon.

Most really good cheeses, and all aged cheeses, are lactose free. It’s a natural enzymatic process, so if you just buy better cheeses, you can avoid the lactose. I’m a huge fan of Cabot brand cheese. Try the red label extra sharp if you like that sorta thing.

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic