Rolanalon
What's New?

The Evolution of my garage to a PL gym

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
BI pack up your things into your shit box truck and get moving bro

I truly wish it was only that easy... if it was I'd already be on the road heading up north. Hell, I'd drive for 5 hours before even getting the address...

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
That is a legit setup. Well done, Halo.

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
I totally understand the painting the baby's room deal, it's a statement of the kind of good guy you are. For Mrs Halo, well she's just that wife. When we lived in Hawaii I'd be out surfing crack of dawn and someone in the lineup would eventually ask hey who is that chick on the beach video taping? I would say it's my wife, the guy said I used to have someone video but she was a girlfriend, now she's my wife LOL...

She's a trooper she's always up for supporting my madness. In the peak of my PL'ng competing she would egg me on no matter how heavy I went and how many capillaries burst in my eyes LOL... She inspires and supports me far more than I deserve and I couldn't possibly appreciate her more.

Wow Halo, that looks like quite an awesome setup!!

You mind me asking how you got your wife to do the painting??? I was usually the one in those pics painting the baby's room, etc. LOL

ValeTudo8080

ValeTudo8080

VIP Member
Aug 31, 2011
nice job....i have been doing a similar transformation to my garage and it is a nice change of pace to train at home vs a commercial gym

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I totally understand the painting the baby's room deal, it's a statement of the kind of good guy you are. For Mrs Halo, well she's just that wife. When we lived in Hawaii I'd be out surfing crack of dawn and someone in the lineup would eventually ask hey who is that chick on the beach video taping? I would say it's my wife, the guy said I used to have someone video but she was a girlfriend, now she's my wife LOL...

She's a trooper she's always up for supporting my madness. In the peak of my PL'ng competing she would egg me on no matter how heavy I went and how many capillaries burst in my eyes LOL... She inspires and supports me far more than I deserve and I couldn't possibly appreciate her more.

Halo, sounds like you've got a wonderful wife, and I'm glad to hear that you know and appreciate that! Well done!

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
Went on the psycho road trip to Pennsylvania to pick up my 50, 60, 70, 80, 90 and 100 lb pro style dumbbells I marked them like a kid with a crayon :). I also picked up a plate rack to hold my chains, two used but solid bars which I need a little help figuring out what they are, not that it really matters but just curious. I have them pictured lined up with my Texas PowerBar. The one with the thinner collar is thick and heavy but no knurling in the center, the other bar has marking in the end looks like it's rated to 2K, they both seem solid and I just wanted a couple of extra multipurpose bars to have at the gym they will serve the purpose. Also picked up a too small rack for the DBs but it serves the purpose for now better one later. Under two weeks till the Monolift arrives Christmas in September :)

nFFMaCA.jpg

RlLvsIc.jpg

pU5izov.jpg

YvYWkTW.jpg

XXzGfBD.jpg

1CmfX5p.jpg

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Pretty sure the one with no knurling is an oly bar. It's got two rings. I bought the same type from rogue. You can bench with it.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Yeah I would agree with PoB. If it's an Oly bar it should be very springy.

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
Did a few measurements on the bars

Bought New Texas Power Bar from TSS
7'2" 28.57mm diameter 4" center knurling, collar 2 5/8"

Poss Texas Bar bought used today
7'2" 28.57 mm diameter 4 3/4" center knurling, collar 2 1/8"

Unknown bought used today Blue slim collars
7'3" 33.3375 mm diameter no center knurling

DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011
What part of the country are you in? You got A/C in there?

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
Wow.

Someday, my garage will look like that...

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
Halo that is the SHIT!!!! Well done my friend!!!!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic