Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

The end of Bitcoin or take over by Big Money

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
I wish I had 12c power. It's a rip off here.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
I tried several multi-pools and I am convinced the ones I tried (especially the biggest "multipool" is a scam). I keep close stats of my rigs and I know what they produce. I also have two rigs which are 'clones' that I can use to compare pools.

I was mining doge with Multipool and was only getting 70% of what I should have gotten (mining directly with dogehouse). I made a good hit on Doge for a while. I was making 3:1 mining it and selling for LTC.

I know I could play the margin a little with BTC, but I am a big believer in LTC longer term. I know (I feel I do ;) ) that something big is going to happen and the room for growth is there in LTC much more so then BTC. Currently LTC is VERY undervalued.

If you saw the spike earlier this week that was BTC China adding it to their exchange. There is a BIGGER fish coming soon. Huobi. Lots of LTC rumors. If true....you will see a big jump. Once it is on a big enough Fiat exchange, coinbase is next. When (and if) that happens, LTC will be over $100 (with BTC at 600). If BTC is back at 1000, LTC should be 200-250.

Watch the next few weeks. LTC will spike big, small selloff after and new setpoint. Increase in the ratio of LTC:BTC as well.

Love to hear your thoughts.

Not to rain on your guys' parade but China is cracking down on Bitcoin. It has outlawed their Banks from dealing in it and are stopping it's use on major retailers. Allowing it on the exchange doesn't really put China itself at risk, the investors funds are at risk.
China's answer to Amazon, Alibaba, bans Bitcoin - Telegraph

China forbids banks to transact in Bitcoin | ZDNet

Some good news on the digital coin horizon.

This could be pretty big.....
[/h]
New York Now Accepting Applications for Digital Currency Exchanges

Again just shedding some light from the other siide of ''the coin'' ..pun intended. I wouldn't read too much into NY taking this step, there's no risk for them and all reward in the way of fee's , permits, taxes paid in US dollar bills
New York is in financial straights, again. Their tax rates and their ''wealth tax'' are chasing money out of the state in droves. Now they have even a nuttier governor than bloomterd.
NY accepting applications and charging fee's , taxes and reg's on bitcoin ''exchanges' is a cash (actual dolar bills) for them and has no real risk for them.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
GM

China is one of the largest areas for cryptocurrencies. It will be interesting to see the way it all plays out for sure. The Chinese on one had will come out with a statement against it and then on the other be part of the largest crypto economy. In the end, I think the Chinese thirst for MOAR will ease their restrictive nature. (or at least when the Chinese Govt itself wants to sell some of its holding ;) )

One thing for sure....this will be a wild ride of ups and downs. Where it ends.....? No one knows. For me this is a long ball "Hail Mary" pass. It if misses..... I say "Oh well...I tried". If it hits, I have a feeling it will be big.

Just passing 2.5 months into my mining and I feel I am paid off. I have generated 50% of what I spent on rigs in coins and the rigs themselves could sell at at least 50% value. (actually right now due to the shortage, I could get 100%+ of what I spend to build them). So now it is just fun to watch where this goes.

The spike I predicted a few posts back in Litecoin is happening starting today. (If you look at the chart). It is up about 10% today on news release that Huboi (a very large Chinese Exchange) will be picking up litecoin. They announced trading would begin in one week and are taking deposits now. This should make for a nice bump in the LTC:BTC ratio.

If anyone takes anything away from this. I believe Litecoin is the one to play here. Payoff (if it hits will be very big).

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
Litecoin definitely has done upside potential. It was close to $40 a few months back.

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
When I first got into mining ltc, I was pissed that difficultly was at 700. Lol. Now I wish it was 700.

ItalianMuscle

ItalianMuscle

Drama Queen senior Vip
Sep 1, 2010
I'm not sure you understand.

You don't have to keep your bitcoin in a exchange.

You can store them on a hard drive not connected to the Internet.

The funds aren't being stolen during transfer. They are being stolen from extremely dumb people who leave their coins out there for the taking.

I guess I am one of the dumb people. I lost more then $2K worth of bit coin last year. Someone in the russian federation hacked my escrow account, changed my password, and pretty much locked me out of my account. All because of some ****ing bullshit email service I was using. There were 7 accounts hacked, and all were using the same service. I contacted admin of the escrow service, and at the time, they said they were looking into it and would see about re-inbursing me. They know my account was hacked, they told me. Long story short, I never got paid back, and they implemented a new security feature so that wouldn't happen to anyone ever again. So at my expensive and along with the others, we paid the way for more security..

Swiper

Swiper

VIP Member
Jan 8, 2011
Bitcoin Draws Interest From Google, Wikipedia, Zillow Leaders
Alyssa Hertig |Mar. 13, 2014 2:30 pm

Despite a turbulent few weeks, Bitcoin has been picking up prominent followers in technology circles. The digital currency has demonstrated unexpected durability, so naturally, curiosity is getting the better of a few.

“It’s very obvious to all of us that cryptocurrencies are inevitable,” Jared Cohen, director of Google Ideas, told South by Southwest—the music, film, and technology festival—attendees Saturday.

Google chairman Eric Schmidt was sitting beside him promoting their new book, The New Digital Age. While it shouldn't be interpreted as an endorsement from Google the company, confirmation from a Google director is cool and unexpected.

Wikipedia co-founder Jimmy Wales is currently experimenting with the digital currency. Last week he tweeted his Bitcoin wallet address and received over $3,000, or about 5 BTC, in donations from digital currency enthusiasts. He posted on the Bitcoin Reddit that he plans to “re-open” discussion of accepting Bitcoin with the Wikipedia Foundation Board of Directors.

Spencer Zaskoff, the CEO of Zillow, the online real estate marketplace, told Bloomberg TV back in November:

I just think there’s too much shadiness associated with the currency that’s not maintained by some sort of government or central bank.
But Monday Zascoff tweeted, “I'm reconsidering my skepticism.” He purchased some Bitcoin Tuesday morning.

Even some government officials are saying positive things about the novel payment network. A few weeks ago, Larry Summers, former economic adviser to Clinton and Bush, said, “I think Bitcoin has the potential to be a very, very important development.” New York financial regulator Benjamin Lawsky told Reuters that Mt. Gox's decline could ultimately lead to “further improvements.”

Recently, the Dorian Nakamoto story and ominous Mt. Gox predictions have received the most attention. But Bitcoin seems pretty healthy. It's piquing interest from many corners and the web of followers continues to grow. Of course, Bitcoin is not without its detractors, but even in the face of all this, cautious inquisitiveness seems to be replacing stalwart skepticism as people become more and more informed about the financial innovation.

Bitcoin Draws Interest From Google, Wikipedia, Zillow Leaders - Hit & Run : Reason.com

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
I just ordered a set of 10 ASIC script miners 3.6mhs at only 70 watts. (newly released). This is in contrast to 1400w that a comparable GPU rig would run. I recognize then need to start updating some equip if I hope to be doing this after the difficulty rises. Funny how stuff is changing month to month. Litcoin still poised for a big jump soon. Huobi coming online soon. (5x bigger then BTC China).

My goal over the next few months is to have everything switched over to ASICS and I will sell off my rigs as parts. Probably going to be 15k to do it, but I am sitting on a good chunk of litecoin right now. I actually think I can replenish most of what I spend just by selling my rigs off. I am wanting to hold LTC in hopes of a nice more.

My asics will be in this week. I am excited to try them out!

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
MacGyver, it's that giga hash or mega hash? Do you have a link? I can't believe how high the difficulty is on Litecoin is. It is cheaper for me to buy it now than mine it with my electric costs.

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
Oh I just saw that you got scrypt miners. That's awesome. Can you pm me a link on them? Just curious to see the tech. Are these gridseed?

Last edited:
P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
Did you look into the KnC Titan? 100mh for $10k.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic