Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

The Cyclical Ketogenic Diet: True Fat Loss

zeevolution

zeevolution

Sep 29, 2013
anyone train twice a day, AM and PM while on keto? results?

DrMehta

DrMehta

Apr 5, 2014
CKD is a great diet, and a much healthier alternative to a pure KETO diet. I run it just like the OP posted, I have a 36 hour window on the weekend where I eat carbs in moderation and also lower my fat intake. The key for me is on the weekend I have to count calories and make myself eat smart and not gorge on crap like pizza.

Enasni

Enasni

TID Lady Member
Feb 10, 2014
Ive been trying keto for 3 weeks now. On each weekend I've had a carb afternoon. I have the keto strips to test when I'm in and out of it just coz I'm a curious mofo. Anyway, my question is, I'll be in strong as on Wednesday, nothing changes diet-wise, but on Thursday keto stops, might re-start on Friday or late Thursday arvo. Why? What the heck is that about?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Ive been trying keto for 3 weeks now. On each weekend I've had a carb afternoon. I have the keto strips to test when I'm in and out of it just coz I'm a curious mofo. Anyway, my question is, I'll be in strong as on Wednesday, nothing changes diet-wise, but on Thursday keto stops, might re-start on Friday or late Thursday arvo. Why? What the heck is that about?

What are you eating?

Enasni

Enasni

TID Lady Member
Feb 10, 2014
Well I log everything, but different foods depending on where I am and what's going on. But fats and protein. I even went so far as to drop protein right down so I had 75% fats for a week. Still just drop out of it. I never go over 30 grams of carbs- they're all the incidental carbs only and leafy greens. It's just weird. I should probably just stop worrying, I'm losing weight anyway.

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Great article but the title is misleading I get that you want to reach all the Keto fiends - Basically macronutrient cycling has been around for long time and IS the most widely accepted efficient way of losing and keeping it off. This Paleo and No carb really isnt healthy or the best way- YES you will lose but Bodybuilding is for life no? Hey IM no spring chicken but I knock around with some monsters in my free time only becasue of my bodybuilding am I able to work with these young strong 25 year old giants. I always cycle
No-carb or extremely low-carb diets to me are bad ideas. They can cause everything from low energy to flat muscles to impaired workout performance to depression to ill health. putting the
majority of your daily carbs in the morning, can increase fat burning later in the day. Think of carbs as energy. Getting fewer at a meal than the energy you need before your next meal can force your body to burn stored bodyfat for fuel.
I Always include plenty of carbs—and pro t e i n too—in the meal immediately following a workout. If you don’t, your muscle repair and growth may be impaired. I shoot Shoot for 60 grams of fast carbs ( simple sugars ) and 40 grams of fast protein (whey). I Never eat carb-only meals. C o m b i n a t i o n (carb/protein/fat) meals slow down the speed at which glucose enters your bloodstream. In other word s ,combining carbs with other foods can prevent insulin
surges that can increase bodyfat storage— Although I try - but many times cheat- choose natural carbs—like fruits and vegetables—over processed carbs like sugary cakes I actually dont like so I dont have that issue
I shoot to Get 20 to 40 grams of protein at each meal. I also consider a cheat day as part of my life- Set aside one day per week as a cheat day. If your carbs are below 30 percent on your noncheat days, you may want to also up your carbs midweek, like , on Tues or Wed I try to increase my carbs moderately lie 150- 200.
Don’t go berserk—no binging. Think of cheat day as a deserved reward for all of your diligence during the week.
You get one or two treats—three slices of pizza (that’s about 75 grams of carbs) at one meal and a bowl of ice
c ream (that’s about 50 grams) Up your carbs slightly on Wednesday. Eat about 50 extra grams of carbs midweek if your usual daily
carb intake is at the low end—30 percent or below

Never even when dieting or getting shredded do I ever go below 80 carbs day. My training does the rest, I eat this way year round - although I like it so its really not an effort for me- even as a child I hated cake cookies etc. I do all my own cooking , so restaurants piss me off cuz I cook better than they lol We bodybuilders must become dieticians , chefs all gear to the machine - we are our best choice for everything so teach yourself- Take an adult Ed class for clean cooking- I once took a chinese steam cooking class - many times I steam my veggies an chickn and use spices to flavor. We are all bodybuilders - we are artists- your body is your canvas- what does am artist do? create ! Carry on. I do have some printed ideas of diets that I have used if interested

Remember : The mistake people make, too many carbohydrates and toomuch protein makes you fat, not too much carbohydrate

While the keto advocates will tell that it works so well because insulin is kept low, that
may be a inaccurate statement. Protein, fats and carbohydrates all raise insulin, granted
all to different degrees but the degree of that which insulin spikes is based on the food
currently eaten, previously eaten and the foods on deck. Fat isn’t stored the same
either. Fat is stored based on the degree of saturation of the specific fat so it’s entirely
possible to think that fat, regardless of where it comes from, may actually be stored as
bodyfat more so than carbohydrates at certain points. These keto diet advocates ignore
the fact that insulin is very anabolic and when present in the proper amounts actually
prevents muscle breakdown, which is the goal of any physique diet.
Lastly, we have the huge amounts of protein that we need to consume on this diet.

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic