RalfKelleh
What's New?

The Best Weight Loss Stack

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
Re: Best Weight Loss Stack

haha I agree with you 100%.. And that would be great if you could share your stuff with me.. I'd really appreciate it.. And you're right, I definitely should look more at a recomp then just weight loss.. I'd love to shed the pounds then bulk back up with muscle instead of the fat I have now.. I wouldn't mind weighing as much as I do now if I was leaner looking instead of flubby looking lol

Alright, so the #1 problem that us big guys have isn't eating too much, but often eating too little. Before I started bodybuilding, I was only getting in the 2k-2500 cal range. This is about half of what our BMR is and eating that low will make you store fat like crazy and won't support your muscles.

Diet:
Depending on your BF%, your BMR should be between 4000-4400 cals. To start a true "cut" you'll need to drop about 1k cals or more. Since you're wanting to recomp, you won't be cutting that far. I would recommend you start at about 3500 cals. You'll want to split your macros into: 400g protein, 300g carbs, and 100g fats. Make sure that your carbs and fats come from clean sources. Oats, brown rice, quinoa, and yams will be some of the best clean carb sources that will keep you full during the day. Olive oil, avocado, mac nut oil, eggs, lean meats, salmon, and nuts will be your best sources of fats. Try to keep the majority of your carbs in your pre and post workout meals and don't forget to eat your veggies everyday (the greener the better and raw is best).

Training:

I prefer either a 4 or 5 day split with cardio after lifting.

4-day
Day 1: Back
Day 2: Chest & Shoulders
Day 3: Legs
Day 4: Arms

5-day
Day 2: Chest
Day 3: Hams/Quads
Day 4: Shoulders, Calves
Day 5: Arms

I find it's best to rotate your reps/sets every few weeks to keep from hitting plateaus.

3 sets of 15, 12, 10 (20, 15, 12 for legs) will be your bread and butter. Every few weeks switch to 5 sets of 5 heavy reps (5X8 for legs) and throw in drop-sets down to your 1-rep max every few weeks as well.

Cardio:
Start with 20 min moderate intensity cardio after your lifts and increase by 10 minutes a week untill you get up to an hour max. If your BF% loss stalls after you've been at an hour for a few weeks, drop about 200 cals from your carbs and keep your training the same.

overwatch

overwatch

MuscleHead
Jun 27, 2011

Awww piss. Didn't realize the wife was logged in. That was all supposed to be from me.

Alright, so the #1 problem that us big guys have isn't eating too much, but often eating too little. Before I started bodybuilding, I was only getting in the 2k-2500 cal range. This is about half of what our BMR is and eating that low will make you store fat like crazy and won't support your muscles.

Diet:
Depending on your BF%, your BMR should be between 4000-4400 cals. To start a true "cut" you'll need to drop about 1k cals or more. Since you're wanting to recomp, you won't be cutting that far. I would recommend you start at about 3500 cals. You'll want to split your macros into: 400g protein, 300g carbs, and 100g fats. Make sure that your carbs and fats come from clean sources. Oats, brown rice, quinoa, and yams will be some of the best clean carb sources that will keep you full during the day. Olive oil, avocado, mac nut oil, eggs, lean meats, salmon, and nuts will be your best sources of fats. Try to keep the majority of your carbs in your pre and post workout meals and don't forget to eat your veggies everyday (the greener the better and raw is best).

Training:

I prefer either a 4 or 5 day split with cardio after lifting.

4-day
Day 2: Chest & Shoulders
Day 3: Legs
Day 4: Arms

5-day
Day 2: Chest
Day 3: Hams/Quads
Day 4: Shoulders, Calves
Day 5: Arms

I find it's best to rotate your reps/sets every few weeks to keep from hitting plateaus.

3 sets of 15, 12, 10 (20, 15, 12 for legs) will be your bread and butter. Every few weeks switch to 5 sets of 5 heavy reps (5X8 for legs) and throw in drop-sets down to your 1-rep max every few weeks as well.

Cardio:
Start with 20 min moderate intensity cardio after your lifts and increase by 10 minutes a week untill you get up to an hour max. If your BF% loss stalls after you've been at an hour for a few weeks, drop about 200 cals from your carbs and keep your training the same.

BigEd33

BigEd33

Apr 26, 2011

Awww piss. Didn't realize the wife was logged in. That was all supposed to be from me.

lol its all good.. That plan actually sounds amazing.. I read through it and it sounds like a great plan to follow.. Just a question, how often did you perform cardio? Was it just after your lifts or more frequently than that?

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011

6'9" at 230lbs is kinda skinny isnt it bro?
anyways, the best way to lose weight is the old tried and true diet and cardio. i know it sucks but chemicals may help temporarily, but without proper diet and cardio then they will be just that...TEMPORARY

BigEd33

BigEd33

Apr 26, 2011

6'9" at 230lbs is kinda skinny isnt it bro?
anyways, the best way to lose weight is the old tried and true diet and cardio. i know it sucks but chemicals may help temporarily, but without proper diet and cardio then they will be just that...TEMPORARY

Well my goal is to get down around 230lbs because at the moment I am somewhere between 20 and 30% body fat.. I am planning on getting down to that weight and then bulking back up slowly.. I don't have an issue putting weight on so I know I won't have a problem doing it.. I think like dangerouscurves and overwatch mentioned, my best bet may be to just recomp rather than lose all that way at once.. Since I am fairly new to working out for a goal and lifestyle rather than for the sake of working out, I am having a difficult time understanding how to recomp properly and how long I should plan for this recomp..

BikiniBeast

BikiniBeast

TID Lady Member
Apr 10, 2014
Bumping this. So I've been reading all about how the ECA stack is supposed to be the best thing since sliced bread. Question is, where can one in the US find the E in that ECA combo?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Bumping this. So I've been reading all about how the ECA stack is supposed to be the best thing since sliced bread. Question is, where can one in the US find the E in that ECA combo?

Walgreens. Go to the pharmacy and ask for a box of bronkaid or primatene. They will ask for a license like they do with sudafed. Sign off that you agree not to make meth and you are all set.

BikiniBeast

BikiniBeast

TID Lady Member
Apr 10, 2014
What's the diff between Bronkaid, Primatene, and Sudafed?

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Best weight loss stack for me has been swapping my lunches out for salad, hitting the fruits and veges hard and generally getting rid of any processed shit from my diet.

silntrunin

silntrunin

MuscleHead
Aug 30, 2011
As much as I love the ECA stack and lived on it for many years, nothing works better for me than T3 and Clen for fat loss. If there was such a thing as a magic potion for fat loss that would be it.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic