Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

The Best of the New Chicken Sandwiches

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
So... all the fast food places are making new chicken sandwiches, that are knock-offs of the best - Chick Fil A. I've tried most of them. Which one do you like best?

McD - pretty good but inconsistent. Sometimes fresh, but other times undercooked or overcooked.
BK - OK, but I stopped ordering when in July part of the proceeds went to LGBT.... causes
Jack - I haven't tried yet
KFC - just tried this week and it's the best of the above

I also heard the Popeye's is really good, but the closest one is about 30 miles and I haven't got that way lately.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I had a Wendy's chicken sandwich the other day and was pleasantly surprised at how good it was! Tough to beat the KFC sandwich.

Popeyes is also good, but in my area most of the shops are in the hood. How bad do you want it? LOL

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
Shake Shack has a decent chicken sammich, its the closest I get to fast food....

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
So... all the fast food places are making new chicken sandwiches, that are knock-offs of the best - Chick Fil A. I've tried most of them. Which one do you like best?

McD - pretty good but inconsistent. Sometimes fresh, but other times undercooked or overcooked.
BK - OK, but I stopped ordering when in July part of the proceeds went to LGBT.... causes

I also heard the Popeye's is really good, but the closest one is about 30 miles and I haven't got that way lately.

POPEYES!!!

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
I recently tried Mickey D,s and its definitely a chic fil a knock off right down to the foil bag it comes in... But its not bad
Honestly my favorite chicken sandwich is the Egg white grill at chic fil a... Couple of egg whites and a chicken breast on a multi grain .
Haven't tried the others.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
I recently tried Mickey D,s and its definitely a chic fil a knock off right down to the foil bag it comes in... But its not bad
Honestly my favorite chicken sandwich is the Egg white grill at chic fil a... Couple of egg whites and a chicken breast on a multi grain .
Haven't tried the others.
Yeah KFC and BK are also doing the foil bags and adding the pickles.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
I used a cheat day to try a KFC spicy chicken sandwich. I was surprised, it was legit good. I enjoyed it.
As with most fast food though, no doubt the quality may be hit or miss so far as consistency.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010

Popeye's or Chick-fil-all the rest are garbage.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Haven’t tried shake shack yet. Will have to add that on the next cheat day.

chick Fil A is better than Popeyes. Haven’t tried any others yet, but I’m going to bet my left nut I’m going to love the KFC one.

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
Closest Chic-fil place is a half hour plus drive for me.

I can stand both mickey D's new crispy chicken and Wendy's spicy chicken is pretty damn good...minus mayo add dijon.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
I like both Chick-Fil-A and Popeyes. Which one is better?

Neither...it just depends on my mood that day. Both are top notch and kickass sandwiches. I'll note that I have an obsession with CF-A sauce. Buying it now at the store/Walmart, is a game-changer for cooking up chicken sandwiches at home...though not the healthiest:( lol

Back in the day...90's and 2000's my favorites were KFC and Wendy's:)

They were like the 1.0 sandwiches compared to the 2.0 of today. I have not tried either of them in many years now so I can't comment on their current quality. I've always liked the taste of KFC though.

When I go to Burger King, I am getting a Whopper (not happy about the LGBTQ crap either). Carls Jr., used to have good sandwiches as well, but i'm getting a burger if I stop in there these days. I have not had Jack-in-the-crap in a long time...I like their tacos and breakfast sandwiches...their burger meat is gross, but is manageable if you get it with bacon/cheese/lots of ketchup and onions...hahaha.

I had no idea McD's had a new chxn sandwich either. I might try it soon. I still like their little cheeseburgers when I go there.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic