terry0400-40
What's New?

The BBQ Sauce Thread

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Ok, lets hear them, I need some new ideas. I love trying new BBQ sauces. My wife had gotten me a BBQ sauce of the month club (yes, I yelled at her of the price) where I got to try some good stuff.

Last new one I tried was Cannon's Pig Paint Cannon's Pig Paint — Home went really nice over BBQ'ed chicken breasts.

Hanniballickedher

Hanniballickedher

MuscleHead
Dec 12, 2010
Jack Millers and Savoie's are Cajun BBQ sauce and excellent stuff.

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
I have a good home made recipe at the house.. I will post it when I get a chance... kinda sweet kinda spicy... it is a bit thin so it is great for painting you meat on the smoker or grill...

I also have a good rub recipe if you all are interested...

RedNeck

RedNeck

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2010
I make my own bbq sauce from scratch, I do bbq comps also.

you have tried some badass sauces i bet being in that club.

KC masterpiece is agood reliable sauce also

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
lol... you know where we're from RedNeck!... good 'ole reliable KC Masterpiece... nothing better than some ketchup, brown sugar , and artificial smoke flavoring! That is always my fail over choice when I don't feel like cooking my own... some time I mix it with John Boy and Billy's grillen sauce... if you haven't tried it you should.. I use the sweet and spicy to mix with it...

i also have a bad ass hot wings sweet and spicy sauce...

RedNeck

RedNeck

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2010
lol... you know where we're from RedNeck!... good 'ole reliable KC Masterpiece... nothing better than some ketchup, brown sugar , and artificial smoke flavoring! That is always my fail over choice when I don't feel like cooking my own... some time I mix it with John Boy and Billy's grillen sauce... if you haven't tried it you should.. I use the sweet and spicy to mix with it...

i also have a bad ass hot wings sweet and spicy sauce...
I will have to try that IC sounds good. When ever i use KC mas. I usually through in some worch sauce tabasco and a little dry rub.

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
Stubbs Sauces are good. I too like to make my own. I lean toward a carolina mustard base sauce as my favorite.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Looking for some new BBQ sauces if anyone has anything good. I like em a little spicy but smokey works too.

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

VIP Member
Nov 9, 2012
Jack Millers and Savoie's are Cajun BBQ sauce and excellent stuff.
Yes indeed.

This is my favorite store bought I've tried though:

q-masters-dallas-cowboys-94041.jpg

I don't care too much for the thick, sweet, ketchup and sugar / molasses sauces that smother the flavor of good meat. I like a thinner, runnier sauce that is mostly vinegar and tomato with very little sweetness.

Last edited: