Members
Latest Member
pbtom

The Arnold

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
As I mentioned, Hercules Gym was well represented. Rheta West took home another belt to display at the gym. This is kinda becoming the norm for her. I think I'd be more surprised if she DIDN'T win her class at this point. We also had two more win 1st in their class and our boy Anthony put on an outrageous show in the Animal cage. I wish I was there to see it

Warrior45

Warrior45

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 9, 2012
I had to pull out at the last minute due to injury..... a bunch of my friends set all time world records, a few others had solid meets, and two ended up in the hospital.
I was so pissed about having to pull out that I didn't end up even going.

Sorry to hear you had to pull out of the comp porky. My buddy tore his pec in February and was in a similar situation.

From what I hear NO ONE was allowed to pull out from the Rawdeal Rawdawg event in the men's room by Hall A.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Sorry to hear you had to pull out of the comp porky. My buddy tore his pec in February and was in a similar situation.

From what I hear NO ONE was allowed to pull out from the Rawdeal Rawdawg event in the men's room by Hall A.

LOL. I was beginning to feel guilty about taking HA's OP off course, esp after Porky stopped by, but YOU have put it back, on coarse, of course. For the record, everyone gets what they pay for in my booths, but they can tap out if they choose.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
As I mentioned, Hercules Gym was well represented. Rheta West took home another belt to display at the gym. This is kinda becoming the norm for her. I think I'd be more surprised if she DIDN'T win her class at this point. We also had two more win 1st in their class and our boy Anthony put on an outrageous show in the Animal cage. I wish I was there to see it
Yeah, Rheta is a sweetheart and an absolute monster. Between her, Samantha Coleman, Crystal Tate, and Nicole Ordway at the Arnold there were some AMAZING female lifters representing.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
SHIT . . . . now I feel stupid . . . . . . . AGAIN!

HA, Porky, where the hell do you find gyms like this? I'm here in Nicelittletown, America. My gym has all the basic stuff, I like it, but all the females are good to look at and think spandex is being equipped.

Is it a question of being in a bigger population area, or near a major university, or what? I need some women to put me to shame outside the bedroom to energize my training a bit.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011

HA, Porky, where the hell do you find gyms like this? I'm here in Nicelittletown, America. My gym has all the basic stuff, I like it, but all the females are good to look at and think spandex is being equipped.

Is it a question of being in a bigger population area, or near a major university, or what? I need some women to put me to shame outside the bedroom to energize my training a bit.

There are a few places that are centers for powerlifting with a dozen gyms, but anywhere you are there's probably a garage of guys training within an hour or two.
Send me a private message with a general idea of where you're at and I'll see if I know anyone around you.

Your best bet though, is to go to a few local meets and see where the best lifters are training.
Middle America is the best for powerlifting because there isn't poo-else to do here.... lol

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011

I got lucky. Hercules has been around since my father and uncles were training there. It changed ownership a few years back but the new owners are both long time members and both renowned powerlifters. The original owner played high school football with my father and one of my uncles so I had an open invite when I moved back to Syracuse

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
Honestly, there's still times I feel a little out of place at my gym. I'm not a powerlifter, but I've made some great friends through there and met some amazing people. I still frequent my local franchise gym as well when my wife wants to attend the aerobics classes there. I go from being the smallest guy at my home gym to one of the biggest at the douchebag meat market. This is the kinda place that high school jocks will approach you and ask stupid shit like "what supps you take brah?" Haha. The only good thing about the franchise joint is the eye candy

Last edited:
R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
HaHa, thanks HA. I already pm'd Porky a bit of a thanks, with a detail or two. Basically, MY problem is I am a young man's mind in an old man's body. I DO long for the days of George Frenn and Peanuts West doing single garage door training, and the old Zuvers HOF gym. The old man's body does talk to the young man's mind, however, and a more bodybuilder style of training in a "suburban" gym suits me better now. The young man's mind talks back, however, and all those damn gym bunnies have not lost their relevance, I am like Popeye, I yam what I yam. STILL like to dream about the tales of Kuc and Williams training together in what was then referred to as a boiler room gym (see also "black iron" gym), and standing in a foot of water so as not to miss sessions during a Pennsylvania flood in the 70's. My granddaddy told me about all this, btw, I am only 21, honest, and I still welcome all gym bunnies into my field of vision . . . . .

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
I have a friend that has stumbled upon recent financial success and he vows to have a new gym, built from the ground up, by the end of 2018. It will be pretty cool to be one of the founding members

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Start working on him to name a Rack after you, complete with nameplate. Or a platform, a bench, something like that.

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
Start working on him to name a Rack after you, complete with nameplate. Or a platform, a bench, something like that.
I was thinking more along the lines of a shitter dedicated to me...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic