Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
The Lost Art of Keeping a Secret - Queens of the Stone Age

Pig Vomit

Pig Vomit

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2022
Urban Struggle - The Vandals

This song means a lot to me....spent a ton of time at the Cuckoo's Nest (punk rock club) which shared a parking lot with Zubie's (cowboy bar)....man, the shit that would start. Every time I hear this song it brings me back. Both these places are referenced in the song and the impression of the cowboys at Zubie's was the inspiration for the song.

For the punk fans liking my selections, here's a documentary about the Cuckoo's Nest. Slam dancing started there. Henry Rollins played his first show with Black Flag there. It was a toilet, but fun as hell.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Urban Struggle - The Vandals

This song means a lot to me....spent a ton of time at the Cuckoo's Nest (punk rock club) which shared a parking lot with Zubie's (cowboy bar)....man, the shit that would start. Every time I hear this song it brings me back. Both these places are referenced in the song and the impression of the cowboys at Zubie's was the inspiration for the song.

For the punk fans liking my selections, here's a documentary about the Cuckoo's Nest. Slam dancing started there. Henry Rollins played his first show with Black Flag there. It was a toilet, but fun as hell.

I think I saw D.I. there back in the 80s but I’m not 100% sure the about club. I was quite high for most of the years between 11 and 20 lol. I was bouncing around Philly, Jersey and NYC during the 80s and early 90s and would tour (out west) with hardcore bands from my area before the Army. I saw the documentary and loved it. Circle Jerks and Black Flag were big bands for me.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Oops ……Violet -Hole

Reactions: ceo
MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Wicked Game --- Chris Isaak

Last edited:
Pig Vomit

Pig Vomit

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2022
Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots - The Flaming Lips

~R~F~G~

~R~F~G~

VIP Member
Dec 13, 2022
Zoot Suit Riot --- Cherry Poppin' Daddies

Reactions: ceo
MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Blues Man -- Alan Jackson and Hank Jr.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Copperhead Road -Steve Earle
I’m not much of a country fan but I love Steve Earle and Junior Brown.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic