Rolanalon
What's New?

Thanksgiving

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
So i've been on a prep diet for 6 weeks thus far (out of a 24 week prep), and my coach has said i am allowed to have "stuff" for thanksgiving on thursday! Yes, I am in United States.
I'm sooooo excited to have pumpkin pie! dressing! real mashed potatoes! green bean casserole! I may have a piece of cornbread?!
I'm a bit nervous about this, but also excited. I more excited probably about being able to have a piece of pumpkin pie! I've been craving chocolate, I should have something chocolate, I dunno what the heck i might have. I'm just excited to be able to indulge a little. But I'm also nervous, because not sure how my body is going to react to these bad foods LOL.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Make an LK sammich

I cut an Italian bread open, take the middle out.
Layer turkey on the bottom over a little mayo salt/pepper
in the top half that is scooped out I pack in sausage stuffing & bread/cranberry stuffing
Cranberry sauce over the turkey the jelly kind
Stuffed mushrooms
Take that middle of the bread and soak it in gravy
Broccoli Rabe & hot italian sausage over the stuffing at the top
Top meets bottom meets mouth

I don't eat dessert so I don't know where the pie would fit :)

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Make an LK sammich

I cut an Italian bread open, take the middle out.
Layer turkey on the bottom over a little mayo salt/pepper
in the top half that is scooped out I pack in sausage stuffing & bread/cranberry stuffing
Cranberry sauce over the turkey the jelly kind
Stuffed mushrooms
Take that middle of the bread and soak it in gravy
Broccoli Rabe & hot italian sausage over the stuffing at the top
Top meets bottom meets mouth

I don't eat dessert so I don't know where the pie would fit :)

OH Man! <<<mind blown>>> bwahahaha.....i'ma gonna do this!

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
You're going to want to have a soup bowl full of hot gravy next to you for dipping. I don't know what you look like, but I eat this with a wife beater on as the sweats ensue rather quickly.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
A home-made Thanksgiving dinner is hardly what I would consider "bad foods". In fact I think it's awesome foods.

Pre-prepared and packaged crap loaded with lots of ingredients you can't pronounce is what I avoid. Luckily I have no issues there my woman likes to cook. And just about everything is from scratch. She even makes her own bread. Not that I eat much of it.

Enjoy and good luck with your contest prep.

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
So i've been on a prep diet for 6 weeks thus far (out of a 24 week prep), and my coach has said i am allowed to have "stuff" for thanksgiving on thursday! Yes, I am in United States.
I'm sooooo excited to have pumpkin pie! dressing! real mashed potatoes! green bean casserole! I may have a piece of cornbread?!
I'm a bit nervous about this, but also excited. I more excited probably about being able to have a piece of pumpkin pie! I've been craving chocolate, I should have something chocolate, I dunno what the heck i might have. I'm just excited to be able to indulge a little. But I'm also nervous, because not sure how my body is going to react to these bad foods LOL.

Enjoy, your body will thank you for the break from dieting and the change up will be good for you. One day of indulgence eating won’t harm you. It’s multiple consistent days that’ll get ya. Next day, hop right back on dieting like the previous day didn’t happen, and you’ll be fine.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I'm excited to eat everything in sight....

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
My thanksgiving plan: eat a good variety, keep the portions within my diet plan portion size, go easy on dessert (i.e. small servings only). That's what I did last year and it didn't mess me up too much!

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
Do not make it a cheat day, make it a cheat meal and all will be well.

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
So thanksgiving was great. Was with fam and that's all that counts.

Aside from that, regarding eating....LOL...
Just reporting back. Ate like a mfer in the PM. Only did a cheat meal, just like coach said. I ate smoked turkey breast (hubs smoked a turkey, my fav), 1 piece of sweet potatoes with sugar and stuff on them; mashed potatoes and gravy; homemade cornbread sausage pecan dressing (i made), green bean casserole and some creamy corn dish. Along with my meal I enjoyed a sweet corn muffin with butter on it. I warmed it in the microwave. It was yummy. At one point, i was thinking in my head wanting everyone to stop talking so i can enjoy this cheat, that I have not had for 6 weeks. But ppl don't get it. No I believe I used the words "shut the fxck up" in my head LOL.
I know I can say this here at TID and you all "get it". Might sound mean to a normal person lol.

For dessert: 1.5 mini pumpkin pies. Seriously they were mini mini. Like bit sized. I was too full to indulge in anything lol.

After dessert, the food was settling and I started to feel like overly full or a cramp in my side so had to go home. Sat on couch watched a movie was better after awhile.

Had good energy the next day in the gym and im back on my diet plan...and lifting and cardio.....

I weighed myself tgiving day at 152#, and Fri i was at 152#.

D

devst8r

Oct 13, 2017
i didn't really end up pigging out all that much, this was the first thanksgiving that i had more food throughout the day other than just breakfast and then dinner

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic